Is a Public Philosophy Still Possible?

Things ideas, concepts can be objectively true, even if they don't exist physically. Period, end of story.

What does THAT have to do with human conduct? Do you HONESTLY think that murder is wrong SIMPLY because it was decreed to be wrong by some super-being outside of space and time that had to DEFINE it as wrong?

I'm seriously asking. You NEVER answer this question. I can only assume it is because it is uncomfortable for you.

. Just because someone DOESN'T know something doesn't mean it must be from BEYOND SPACE AND TIME.

I just shown you that abstract concepts like pi and the Pythagorean theorem were objectively true ten billion years ago before humans existed.

So things that are objectively true can exist without physical form and dimension.

Did you actually think pi was not objectively true ten billion years ago, even though you weren't there to think about it and draw silly little pictures?

I just shown you that abstract concepts like pi and the Pythagorean theorem were objectively true ten billion years ago before humans existed.

So things that are objectively true can exist without physical form and dimension.

Did you actually think pi was not objectively true ten billion years ago, even though you weren't there to think about it and draw silly little pictures?
But what if it was true, what does that prove?

As does 1+1= 2. DO YOU THINK THAT IT REQUIRED AN INTELLIGENCE BEYOND SPACE AND TIME TO MAKE THAT TRUE?
Since you stubbornly refuse to concede pi was objectively true ten billion years ago, I am forced to assume you mistakenly believe pi did not exist as an objective truth until someone drew a circle, or when you approximated it to 8 digits on a calculator.

As for your stubborn refusal to accept anything objectively true can exist without physical substance, please inform the board where we can go to see four dimensional spacetime.

Don't point me to an apple falling from a tree or rotating planets. That's just a consequence of curved space. That's not deformed space itself.

Don't point me to Einstein's field equations. That's just abstract math that tells us how spacetime deforms.

Since you stubbornly refuse to concede pi was objectively true ten billion years ago, I am forced to assume you mistakenly believe pi did not exist as an objective truth until someone drew a circle, or when you approximated it to 8 digits on a calculator.

As for your stubborn refusal to accept anything objectively true can exist without physical substance, please inform the board where we can go to see four dimensional spacetime.

Don't point me to an apple falling from a tree or rotating planets. That's just a consequence of curved space. That's not deformed space itself.

Don't point me to Einstein's field equations. That's just abstract math that tells us how spacetime deforms.
but that doesn't mean god had to make it true.

thats what hes saying.

But what if it was true, what does that prove?
It proves Perry PhD is wrong that things cannot be objectively true if they don't physically exist.

That's the mentality of someone who came out of the rote memorization of 11th grade geometry class, and never again thought any more substantively about it.

It proves Perry PhD is wrong that things cannot be objectively true if they don't physically exist.

That's the mentality of someone who came out of the rote memorization of 11th grade geometry class, and never again thought any more substantively about it.
Problem is, if Greeks could not calculate PI, what makes it true?
That is, most mathematicians are not platonists.

Why won't you answer the question? I'm genuinely serious. It does relate to morality so it's a legit question. I'll restate it for you:

Do you believe that an intelligence beyond space and time was required to define 1+1=2?

How does this relate to morality? Do you believe that murder is ONLY wrong because it was defined as wrong by an intelligence beyond space and time but otherwise there is no real known reason for why it is wrong?

Really simple questions. I'm not surprised that you are dodging them like the plague because they really must be uncomfortable for you.

Problem is, if Greeks could not calculate PI, what makes it true?
The spatial relationship is objectively true. We are never going to know the exact value of pi because it is an irrational number. Or maybe if you get deep enough into Pi it stops being irrational.

Back