Kent State Fun Quiz For Old Time Lefties.

They wanted victory for the communists scalawag and to avoid Vietnam for themselves, they got both thanks to the worldwide media cameras.

They didn't care one iota about bringing anybody home whether alive or in a body bag.

I can understand your bitterness at the way you were treated back home but that doesn't justify your foul comments about those students.

Last edited:
Thanks winter! That is so sweet. I bet I just need my water pistol though. He will probably run home with a pantload! Mommy will have the diaper rash ointment ready no doubt.

Get out you bastard, you'd love to find out that I bought it over there.

I don't know how old you are but if you were there, you'd be doing everything you could think of to prolong that war so the communists could win it. If it took a hundred and fifty thousand American deaths over there or how many body bags, to you it's always the ends justifies the means.

Get out you bastard, you'd love to find out that I bought it over there.

I don't know how old you are but if you were there, you'd be doing everything you could think of to prolong that war so the communists could win it. If it took a hundred and fifty thousand American deaths over there or how many body bags, to you it's always the ends justifies the means.

She is mid forties, so too young.

Last edited:
I was pretty sure I didn't want to open this thread based on who started it.

And having read just one page (page 3) - yeah, don't want to read any more. It's just Philly showing his a*holishness again.

I can understand some of his rage, I have spoken to a few Vietnam vets in Thailand. You only have to go to the coffee shops in former RnR hotels in Bangkok such as the Miami and the Honey hotels in Sukhumvit Road soi 13 and 19. They will tell you a similar story about those times.

Oh?

Armed rebellion?

When did I ever talk about that?

I'd rate myself as one of the more pacifistic posters here in fact. But I do know the difference between a peaceful, constitutional demonstration and an armed mob being led by radical revolutionaries.

Notice I said....YOU OR YOUR CRONIES.....if you take offense to it....you probably own it.

No scalawag, it was a little payback.

There's nothing in the constitution that gives an armed mob the right to violence, nothing.

Would you have hung around looking for more trouble knowing the guard was present and over the last two days an ROTC building was burned and a staged riot occurred downtown with violence against unarmed private citizens? You would if you were part of the mob.

Would you have opened fire on an unarmed group on a campus full of students who had nothing to do with the demonstration? As has been pointed out, 2 of those who were murdered were not involved at all.

They wanted victory for the communists scalawag and to avoid Vietnam for themselves, they got both thanks to the worldwide media cameras.

They didn't care one iota about bringing anybody home whether alive or in a body bag.

Its funny that you claim to know what these protestors cared about. Are you claiming to be psychic?

We were not going to win in Vietnam anyway. The protestors did not cause that. The elected politicians made sure we were going to lose. They ignored history and let their arrogance lead us into a situation in which 58,000 of our sons & daughters died.

Would you have opened fire on an unarmed group on a campus full of students who had nothing to do with the demonstration? As has been pointed out, 2 of those who were murdered were not involved at all.

I already said, many of them were armed and the police report confirmed it.

They got what they deserved at Kent State. Sorry football shirt for raining on your glorious image of dead martyrs of worship and a shrine of remembrance that gets you off. They got what they deserved.

The ones who were responsible for the dead martyrs of the left were the students themselves who were fully prepared and engaged in mob violence with fires, anarchy , and civil violence against innocent people and deliberate property damage. Kent State was a moral victory for U.S. forces in country in Nam and a reminder of what happens when violence continues as a strategy to change policy.

Your remembered heroes were supporting the communists and trying to keep their own necks safe and out of Vietnam. And it's about time they got trashed and ridiculed right here by yours truly for the unnecessary suffering they caused on an American army that was being bled daily by a communist enemy that relied heavily on the students propaganda campaign of violence in the states and in doing so prolonging that war at the expense of the servicemen you fraud idly claimed that they were trying to help. They were doing no such thing.

Last edited:
I doubt him.

I don't like anyone calling me a liar but I'll try to be civil.
I doubt that anything I say will convince you, but I was there. Lived in Wright Hall on the 9th floor, had a good view of the campus. I didn't graduate from Kent, I always ran out of money in the spring and had to work in a steel mill to save enough to go back the next year.(no my parents couldn't pay for my education). I finished at Youngstown St. a few yrs later because it was closer and cheaper. Again, I don't care if you believe me.

I wrote this a few yrs ago...
KENT STATE
heres what I saw, i'll try to keep it short

I went home on friday afternoon to wash clothes at my folks house (about 40 miles) and to practice with the band on saturday. By the time i got back to Kent on Sunday morning, (Sunday was a study day for me) the N.G. was on every corner and tromping around campus and by sunday nite the shit had hit the fan. To protest Nixon's invasion of Cambodia, some absolutely brainless moron had burnt down the ROTC building either friday or sat nite. (old, empty, wooden structure that was an eyesore). So Rep.Gov Rhodes sent in the troops, some believe he was ordered to do so by Nixon. Sunday nite about 200 students sat down in the middle of the main intersection of the town and refused to move till troops were gone or they had a meeting with the prez of the school or something. I believe they were later dispersed by a massive dose of teargas and many arrested. How do I know? I was trying to get to Water St. and have some beers. and I couldnt get around the protest and the APCs and jeeps and phalanx of troops and spotlights, I was pissed. I grew up around guns, at that time I still killed little animals with shotguns so I had a huge respect for a lot of men together all carrying weapons. In other words I stayed on the perimeter, about 50-100yds from the action. could not get thru so I watched for about an hr. and decided to go back to the dorm. I passed a long line of nat. guardsmen and realized that most of them were about my age. Their uniforms didnt fit, they had spent a night or 2 sleeping on the gym floor and looked a bit haggard. Sometime before midnite helicoptors dropped teargas on campus that caused a lot of yelling and running. I lived on the 9th floor and slept pretty well that nite, but I heard the next morning that the lower floors had a tough time.

next morning i watched from an upper floor for about an hr. Clouds of teargas, squads marching in formation and a group of demonstrators, maybe 20 huddled together. I saw 1 or 2 goobers running up, throw a rock, run away. there might have been an organized demonstration there at the time but I didn't see it. most of the people were trying to get to/from class or had said screw class and were just watching the NG parade around....."

I got my books and tried to go to class, thats when the real shit hit the fan.

Wow, WAY too much about me. Believe it or not, I dont care.

At the time I believed in the protesters cause - but I didn't believe in their methods. I hung with Vets Against The War and realized the only way to stop the illegal wars and to save lives was to get 'joe sixpack' on our side and breaking windows and burning worthless buildings was not the way. Slowly joe came to our side, but many died during the struggle.

I believed this then and I believe it now, although I'm a bit more radical in my old age...

Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate;
only love can do that.
Hate multiplies hate,
violence multiplies violence,
and toughness multiplies toughness
in a descending spiral of destruction....
The chain reaction of evil --
hate begetting hate,
wars producing more wars --
must be broken,
or we shall be plunged
into the dark abyss of annihilation.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Strength To Love, 1963

I already said, many of them were armed and the police report confirmed it.

They got what they deserved at Kent State. Sorry football shirt for raining on your glorious image of dead martyrs of worship and a shrine of remembrance that gets you off. They got what they deserved.

The ones who were responsible for the dead martyrs of the left were the students themselves who were fully prepared and engaged in mob violence with fires, anarchy , and civil violence against innocent people and deliberate property damage. Kent State was a moral victory for U.S. forces in country in Nam and a reminder of what happens when violence continues as a strategy to change policy.

Your remembered heroes were supporting the communists and trying to keep their own necks safe and out of Vietnam. And it's about time they got trashed and ridiculed right here by yours truly for the unnecessary suffering they caused on an American army that was being bled daily by a communist enemy that relied heavily on the students propaganda campaign of violence in the states and in doing so prolonging that war at the expense of the servicemen you fraud idly claimed that they were trying to help. They were doing no such thing.

I remember the propaganda from back then that you puke up as truth. There's a lot you don't know. Ever heard of Terry Norman? Read this...
http://www.cleveland.com/science/index.ssf/2010/12/kent_state_shootings_does_form.html

Yes they are martyrs that deserve the same reverence as fallen soldiers. They are murdered victims of the same war.

The students were communists? Do you realize that most college students at that time had practiced 'duck and cover' when they were in grade school because the communists were going to bomb us? We had been conditioned to hate communism. Communism or communists had nothing to do with what happened at Kent. It was all about ending the war in Vietnam and Cambodia.

If you believe the murdered students got what they deserved, then I hope Karma gives you what you deserve.

I don't like anyone calling me a liar but I'll try to be civil.
I doubt that anything I say will convince you, but I was there. Lived in Wright Hall on the 9th floor, had a good view of the campus. I didn't graduate from Kent, I always ran out of money in the spring and had to work in a steel mill to save enough to go back the next year.(no my parents couldn't pay for my education). I finished at Youngstown St. a few yrs later because it was closer and cheaper. Again, I don't care if you believe me.

I wrote this a few yrs ago...
KENT STATE
heres what I saw, i'll try to keep it short

I went home on friday afternoon to wash clothes at my folks house (about 40 miles) and to practice with the band on saturday. By the time i got back to Kent on Sunday morning, (Sunday was a study day for me) the N.G. was on every corner and tromping around campus and by sunday nite the shit had hit the fan. To protest Nixon's invasion of Cambodia, some absolutely brainless moron had burnt down the ROTC building either friday or sat nite. (old, empty, wooden structure that was an eyesore). So Rep.Gov Rhodes sent in the troops, some believe he was ordered to do so by Nixon. Sunday nite about 200 students sat down in the middle of the main intersection of the town and refused to move till troops were gone or they had a meeting with the prez of the school or something. I believe they were later dispersed by a massive dose of teargas and many arrested. How do I know? I was trying to get to Water St. and have some beers. and I couldnt get around the protest and the APCs and jeeps and phalanx of troops and spotlights, I was pissed. I grew up around guns, at that time I still killed little animals with shotguns so I had a huge respect for a lot of men together all carrying weapons. In other words I stayed on the perimeter, about 50-100yds from the action. could not get thru so I watched for about an hr. and decided to go back to the dorm. I passed a long line of nat. guardsmen and realized that most of them were about my age. Their uniforms didnt fit, they had spent a night or 2 sleeping on the gym floor and looked a bit haggard. Sometime before midnite helicoptors dropped teargas on campus that caused a lot of yelling and running. I lived on the 9th floor and slept pretty well that nite, but I heard the next morning that the lower floors had a tough time.

next morning i watched from an upper floor for about an hr. Clouds of teargas, squads marching in formation and a group of demonstrators, maybe 20 huddled together. I saw 1 or 2 goobers running up, throw a rock, run away. there might have been an organized demonstration there at the time but I didn't see it. most of the people were trying to get to/from class or had said screw class and were just watching the NG parade around....."

I got my books and tried to go to class, thats when the real shit hit the fan.

Wow, WAY too much about me. Believe it or not, I dont care.

At the time I believed in the protesters cause - but I didn't believe in their methods. I hung with Vets Against The War and realized the only way to stop the illegal wars and to save lives was to get 'joe sixpack' on our side and breaking windows and burning worthless buildings was not the way. Slowly joe came to our side, but many died during the struggle.

I believed this then and I believe it now, although I'm a bit more radical in my old age...

Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate;
only love can do that.
Hate multiplies hate,
violence multiplies violence,
and toughness multiplies toughness
in a descending spiral of destruction....
The chain reaction of evil --
hate begetting hate,
wars producing more wars --
must be broken,
or we shall be plunged
into the dark abyss of annihilation.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Strength To Love, 1963

Thanks for responding so quickly to my PM, I was sure that you would want to counter the lies from Patrician and Philly Rabbit.

Back