Let me tell you about my anger issue …

My son’s room mate just sent a picture to his parents of the underside of his vehicle. He had gone out to drive to his girlfriend’s regional final basketball game then was going to come home and spend the weekend with his family. Some tweaker stole his catalytic converter.

Both boys are freshmen at OU. My son parks his truck in the parking structure near their dorms. His room mate’s family couldn’t afford that parking so he utilizes the free parking at the Lloyd Nobel Center.

My boy has been in OKC all day moderating an Academic Tournament and couldn’t help get his room mate to the basketball game. Just last week the boy’s mom was asking questions about student loans because I know they are struggling to pay for him to attend OU. It makes me so angry that this kid is trying to better himself and lead a productive life, his family is struggling to do what they can to help and then some low-life thinks it’s ok to steal from him.

I wish I was able to go there and guard the free parking lot for these kids. Some rock salt would be in order. I absolutely despise a thief. Someone who isn’t willing to work is low (that’s as nicely as I could put it) but someone who isn’t willing to work and would steal to boot … :mad:

I’d like to round up the druggies around here (and there) and give them the Sheriff Arpaio treatment for about a year.

Rant over … just makes me so mad.

Aw shit! That happened to my neighbor. They cut his catalytic converter out while his truck was parked at work. It cost him like $225.

Apparently they have these supersonic cordless saws(alls) and there's gold in the catalytic converters? (screens)

That song was the jam back in the day my man. You want the ladies on the dance floor? That was a go to.

That's kinda sad. Sounds kinda Prince-ish. I mean, it's all good if it it got the girls, but..

Fantasy in my day went like this:

I like it!

Back when it was all about the music.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the druggies have been pilfering and stealing for quite some time, not just lately. They’re just finding new things of value that are easy targets…like catalytic converters. Already expensive. Now more so. Now you can blame that on COVID and still be credible … but WOKE-ness is a stretch IMO.

There was a wave a few years back of converter thefts. The price has gone up again, so thieves take the risk. They often hit used car lots, hitting the older cars. Selling newer converters draws attention, but there are some stupid thieves out there.

Someone who isn’t willing to work is low (that’s as nicely as I could put it) but someone who isn’t willing to work and would steal to boot.

Unless you do it on a grand scale. Then people will call you a "good investor" like they do Warren Buffet and the rest.

My son’s room mate just sent a picture to his parents of the underside of his vehicle. He had gone out to drive to his girlfriend’s regional final basketball game then was going to come home and spend the weekend with his family. Some tweaker stole his catalytic converter.

Both boys are freshmen at OU. My son parks his truck in the parking structure near their dorms. His room mate’s family couldn’t afford that parking so he utilizes the free parking at the Lloyd Nobel Center.

My boy has been in OKC all day moderating an Academic Tournament and couldn’t help get his room mate to the basketball game. Just last week the boy’s mom was asking questions about student loans because I know they are struggling to pay for him to attend OU. It makes me so angry that this kid is trying to better himself and lead a productive life, his family is struggling to do what they can to help and then some low-life thinks it’s ok to steal from him.

I wish I was able to go there and guard the free parking lot for these kids. Some rock salt would be in order. I absolutely despise a thief. Someone who isn’t willing to work is low (that’s as nicely as I could put it) but someone who isn’t willing to work and would steal to boot … :mad:

I’d like to round up the druggies around here (and there) and give them the Sheriff Arpaio treatment for about a year.

That happened to me a while back, apparently it was a bunch of Roma scum. Fortunately they couldn't cut through the reinforced exhaust manifold pipe but they cut other through the other pipe, total bastards.

How long does it take to remove a Catalytic Converter? Without a lift?

That happened to me a while back, apparently it was a bunch of Roma scum. Fortunately they couldn't cut through the reinforced exhaust manifold pipe but they cut other through the other pipe, total bastards.

As opposed to Welsh or Irish scum?

Pretty odd as the jaw of life cost more than many cat converters put together. :dunno:

Odd. Still, getting under most cars to do that is difficult at best without a jack or lift. If the people are organized, I can see how a team of two guys can bring a floor jack in a pickup, lift of the side with the converter to cut it but that looks a little odd in a parking lot.

It’s a Dodge Nitro. The kind they target vehicles they can get under easily … and in Oklahoma there’s a lot of those vehicles…SUVs and trucks.

That makes sense. With the converter cut out, it's just an open exhaust pipe. Aside from being loud, did the engine run okay without backpressure?

That makes sense. With the converter cut out, it's just an open exhaust pipe. Aside from being loud, did the engine run okay without backpressure?

It started OK but he didn’t drive it. Putting a new one on next week. Estimates between $500 and $900 … most around $500.

Thanks, but it is worse for the Poor who are denied and disparaged in equal protection of the laws for the capital bottom line of those who may already be Rich. And, may result in, privateering, by individuals of the People who may have no consistent source of income.

Thanks, but it is worse for the Poor who are denied and disparaged in equal protection of the laws for the capital bottom line of those who may already be Rich. And, may result in, privateering, by individuals of the People who may have no consistent source of income.

Being poor doesnt mean you have to steal or commit crimes. Thats just an excuse. Plenty of poor people arent thieves.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

How does that excuse theives or anyone else from committing crimes against others?

The first rule of any society should be "don't hurt another person". Theft is hurting them.

Hello leaningright,

It always hurts to have something stolen. The victim inevitably feels violated and vulnerable. The feeling of security is lost. Suspicion creeps in.

It's a life lesson in values. There's the whole issue of wondering who the thief is, what the motivation is. And then there is another aspect to it of the response by the victim. It is a test of resolve and maturity. Poorly adjusted people would want revenge or harbor hatred. It is a sure sign of maturity when there can be compassion for the thief.

I can't imagine why somebody would steal a catalytic converter. Perhaps they are tremendously expensive, or the metal is worth a lot at a scrap yard. (If that is the case, it may be a possible lead for the police.) Ah, a bit of research and I see that could very well be the case:

Scrapping a Catalytic Converter

It would be far easier for a family on a tight budget to send kids to a government-run college if we had free tuition, as it should be.

Hello leaningright,

It always hurts to have something stolen. The victim inevitably feels violated and vulnerable. The feeling of security is lost. Suspicion creeps in.

It's a life lesson in values. There's the whole issue of wondering who the thief is, what the motivation is. And then there is another aspect to it of the response by the victim. It is a test of resolve and maturity. Poorly adjusted people would want revenge or harbor hatred. It is a sure sign of maturity when there can be compassion for the thief.

I can't imagine why somebody would steal a catalytic converter. Perhaps they are tremendously expensive, or the metal is worth a lot at a scrap yard. (If that is the case, it may be a possible lead for the police.) Ah, a bit of research and I see that could very well be the case:

Scrapping a Catalytic Converter

It would be far easier for a family on a tight budget to send kids to a government-run college if we had free tuition, as it should be.

Do it online and I'll support that idea.

Our public schools cater to the lowest denominator and the loudest parents....usually one and the same. Having AP classes online but monitored/tested at the HS would allow promising students the opportunity to excel above the dumbasses. In turn, providing this online with Federal and State funding would allow promising young adults to excel above the dumbasses.

OTOH, there will be those who simply push for a Paper mill so some dumbass can prove he has a degree and then still be a screwup because he/she doesn't know anything.

Learning is earned. It can't be bought. It's good for government to help provide the tools, such as a public library, but just granting degrees so the US can say we have more college graduates is silly and wasteful.

Back