My View on "Things"

What radical fundamentalists like Brent fail to understand is that "The second coming of Christ" is an INDIVIDUAL thing. Acceptance of the message that Jesus spread is his "second coming". it is exactly the same thing as "accepting Jesus".

Brent, and his ilk think that there is some MAGIC consequence to claiming to accept Jesus. They fail to understand that the power of Jesus IS his message, not his blood, flesh, or magical power.

His divinity lies in the choices he made...the message he embraced. the same message we all know about, but only choose to accept to varying degrees.

Brent, and his ilk think that there is some MAGIC consequence to claiming to accept Jesus.

It is not magic, but the power of God.

They fail to understand that the power of Jesus IS his message, not his blood, flesh, or magical power.

You are a foolish man. Jesus' words are simple to understand, for those who are willing to hear it.

Jesus taught, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:16-18)

What is this God of whom Christ speaks?

You do not even believe in God, you fool.

not his blood,

Wrong.

Matthew 26:27-29 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

According to Jesus' own words, He died for our sins. This is consistent with the words of Paul: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Romans 3:24-26)

I recommend you actually read the Bible sometime.

not his ... flesh

Wrong.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

The Lord's Supper is taken in rememberance of Christ's atoning sacrifice. Christ's blood was shed for our sins. As Isaiah the prophet wrote, "he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." For your information, this was written hundreds of years prior to Christ.

or magical power.

Why do you insist on misrepresenting Christian belief? You are as much of a liar as you are vicious.

His divinity lies in the choices he made...the message he embraced.

Jesus is the Son of God, and God the Son; He is an eternal being.

John 8:57-59 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 20:28-29 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

The teaching of Jesus is to repent and believe. From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. (Matthew 4:17)

Those who believe will receive eternal life; those who reject the only begotten Son of God will receive everlasting punishment. As Christ preached, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:16) And, I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (John 10:9) And, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) Shall I continue?

Yet you do not even believe in God, nor in Heaven or Hell.

I recommend you carefully consider what I have said. If you are correct, I have little to worry about. But if I am correct that the Bible is true, and I am firmly convicted it is, then you will burn in Hell. Are you willing to run the risk?

Turn away from your wickedness and receive forgiveness in Jesus Christ. As Romans 10:9 says, if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Settle it now, AC.

Regards,
Brent

If you are correct, I have little to worry about. But if I am correct that the Bible is true, and I am firmly convicted it is, then you will burn in Hell. Are you willing to run the risk?

Pascal's cowardly wager?

I could reverse that for you.

If an afterlife doesn't exist, then the only legacy you have are your genetic imprint and your actions, how you affect society.

What if you spend your life not achieving great things, not living life to its full extent but dedicating your life to worshipping a fictional character. If you are wrong about religion you are wasting the one brief glimpse of existence open to you.

"If you are correct, I have little to worry about. But if I am correct that the Bible is true, and I am firmly convicted it is, then you will burn in Hell. Are you willing to run the risk?"

Of course I am. I figure it to be the same risk as that of getting invaded by faeries from middle earth.

How can I fear something I do not believe in ?

How did I miss...

"If you are correct, I have little to worry about. But if I am correct that the Bible is true, and I am firmly convicted it is, then you will burn in Hell. Are you willing to run the risk?"

Of course I am. I figure it to be the same risk as that of getting invaded by faeries from middle earth.

How can I fear something I do not believe in ?

this thread???...Never mind this is too good to pass up...uhhhh...USC I think your geography is off base...don't you mean "faeries" from San Franciso and NYC...so do they or do they not exist...that is the question you need to ponder...:tongout: Y'all Lib's really need to make up your minds!

LOL, I see your point, but am not very homophobic.
I consider CA to be like a bowl of Granola, what isn't fruits and flakes are nuts.

And on NY well any farmer knows what will happen when you put too many critters in a small pen.

How do you know that for sure, because supposedly only God truly knows what is the mind of man, according to what the Bible says....and it clearly states that no one should play the role of God.

It amazes me how many godly people and followers of Jesus seem to forget this very thing Yahweh said often and at times brutally.

perhaps it is because they aren't actually followers of Christ... that they're just giving lip service to His teachings.

So, basically, when someone believes differently than you, that person is automatically a liar?

Besides, you claim to follow Jesus' teachings; didn't He tell us to love our enemies? How is it "loving" to say that I'm a piece of trash?

Perhaps you should reread the part in the New Testement about judging others... as that's part of Christ's teachings too...

I think Jesus was right, for the most part.

Really?

Jesus preached of the Father (God), the Kingdom, repentance, judgment, as well as love and peace. You know nothing of these. Not only are you are a bitter, haughty person, you do not even believe in God. So tell me, what is this God of whom Christ speaks? You are a foolish man. Though you are quite smug, you will bow in the presence of a Holy God. I assure you standing will not be an option. You will bow, and shout JESUS IS LORD. But my friend it will be too late for you. That is, unless you repent now and turn to the Lord. Jesus taught, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) Jesus is the ONLY WAY to be saved. As He preached, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) If you reject the only begotten Son of God, He will reject you. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels [...], And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (Matthew 25:41, 46)

Set aside your pride, and ponder what I have said. Repent now and receive the Lord Jesus. Otherwise, you will burn in Hell forever. This is the just punishment for us all. Yet for those of us who are justified in Christ, we shall be counted as righteous before God. Why not settle it now?

Regards,
Brent

Last edited:
Back