Nature, beer, the coming holidays, or whatever.

Haven't heard of that -- is it something you make yourself, or a restaurant item? It does sound healthier than regular fried rice.

I've seen the frozen version at the supermarket lately, haven't tried it yet. But I have tried the cauliflower "tater tots", and the are heavenly. As are the broccoli and cheese "tater tots".

I've seen the frozen version at the supermarket lately, haven't tried it yet. But I have tried the cauliflower "tater tots", and the are heavenly. As are the broccoli and cheese "tater tots".
Yes, those are awesome, too, so much you can do with it!

Sure, this is NE Ohio. Thankfully, we haven't had any snow yet. Our Halloween season was almost summer like.

Pretty area! Yeah, our early October was very warm too, but we've made up for it since. I think Nov. so far is running 5F below average. Having some lake effect snow today.

Jade and Mason are also in or from Ohio. I was born there. Small world!

I've only seen the Northern Lights twice...both when I lived in Vt. There's really nothing like it.

We've seen (and photographed) it 5 or 6 times now since we moved here last year. Most times it was just a glow, almost too faint to pick up with the human eye, but brighter in the camera. But his birthday night was fantastic! We had spikes or rays extending almost directly overhead, plus it was energetic. I had set the camera on five second exposure time. As soon as it shut I'd hit the shutter release again for the next one, and each time it was different. One guy down in town even got a video of it that they played on the news that night. Plus they showed this photo during the weather report! (she said modestly) lol

11-7-17b.jpg

We've seen (and photographed) it 5 or 6 times now since we moved here last year. Most times it was just a glow, almost too faint to pick up with the human eye, but brighter in the camera. But his birthday night was fantastic! We had spikes or rays extending almost directly overhead, plus it was energetic. I had set the camera on five second exposure time. As soon as it shut I'd hit the shutter release again for the next one, and each time it was different. One guy down in town even got a video of it that they played on the news that night. Plus they showed this photo during the weather report! (she said modestly) lol

View attachment 5167

Wow, that must be incredible to see in real life. Where was that taken?

View attachment 5167
First time I saw it, I had already moved from Vt. but was up for a visit in the winter. Leaving a bar in the wee hours, a bunch of people were talking about it. Unfortunately, the moon was full, so visibility was poor. But...you could still make out the spiraling curtain of color.

I believe I did see it as a child, in a suburb of NYC. We were sleigh riding at night, and there was this big green cloud low in the sky. Typically, that area shouldn't be good for viewing, but it was the 60s, so it might have been a rare phenom.

I got a much better view one night on another visit to Vt.

Back