Now it's getting pitiful, can you say "Temper Tantrum", now it's the Ocean?

I thought you might want to get another look at my new avatar. You know the saying, take a picture it'll last longer? Girls say that to pervs a lot...or I used to anyway. Well, you don't have to. It's going to be my avatar for a long time.

Have a nice day Superfreak!

Can you post it? I have all avatars and sigs blocked.

So in other words, you have nothing. That is all you needed to say.

My guess is they didn't try to patrol it to prevent people from entering the bay back in 96.

Somehow national parks has the money to patrol the park to keep people out of it... which likely costs more than normal operations. Yeah, they probably came up with that on their own.

Well, I have confirmed that the waters of Florida Bay and Dry Tortugas National Park were declared off limits in 1995-96, so . . .

But I know what it says. Hey, where's your link about the WWII veterans comandeering ferries and running the USS Arizona memorial?

Still waiting for Jarod's link. BTW, saying what is 'purported' to be written behind pay wall really isn't useful. Unless you've read it, all you have is the google speak and how often those 'references' are not found in the articles. I too found lots of references to 1995-96 when searching, but they all were just referencing the last long shutdown.

Well, I have confirmed that the waters of Florida Bay and Dry Tortugas National Park were declared off limits in 1995-96, so . . .

So nothing on the absurdity of trying to patrol it with the very people that are supposedly laid off?

Also... where did you confirm that the Florida Bay was closed?

Still waiting for Jarod's link. BTW, saying what is 'purported' to be written behind pay wall really isn't useful. Unless you've read it, all you have is the google speak and how often those 'references' are not found in the articles. I too found lots of references to 1995-96 when searching, but they all were just referencing the last long shutdown.

I have read it, but I can't repost it unfortunately. The areas were declared out of bounds and off-limits. A separate article in the sports section of the Herald lamented that it was costing guides and charter vessels lots of money.

And I'm sure you're keenly aware of how often references to articles kinda misrepresent what actually happened. I mean, one might be led to believe that WWII veterans manned the USS Arizona museum and kept it open throughout the shutdown only to learn that WWII vertrans told war stories to people who showed up to visit the memorial but couldn't. You also might read that monuments and memorials, like the Lincoln Memorial haven't been closed during prevous shutdowns only to come across stuff like this:

i-tpF9cwJ-L.jpg

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2013/10/02/photos-history-repeating-the-1995-government-shutdown/#6

So YOU HAVE read the article?

Yes, I have. But I can't repost the content wihtout violating the tems of service of the source I used to obtain a copy of it. Really, the article doesn't say much other than the areas are closed to boating and fishing.

You won? Nice work. How does it feel to defeat the pathetic little five 'man' trinity?
I would imagine it would have to feel......pretty damned good. :)

You should have joined...ya little chicken shit. Billy and 3D may have gotten whooped by a girl....but at least they weren't afraid!!!

Here's an article referencing the closing in 1995-96:

KEY LARGO, Fla. -- The federal government shutdown also has shut down popular fishing waters in the Florida Keys.

Fishing guides were notified this week that the 281-square-mile Biscayne National Park would be closed until further notice. Most of that park is comprised of water.

Everglades National Park also was closed, putting almost all of Florida Bay off limits. In an email, Park Superintendent Dan Kimball said the closure applies to fishing guides, kayakers and pleasure boaters.

Dave Fowler, who heads the park's Key Largo ranger station, told The Key West Citizen (http://bit.ly/16pzEMr ) that rangers will enforce the closure but will focus on educating violators about the situation. He said that during the last government shutdown in 1995, rangers in the Key Largo district didn't write a single ticket for violating the closure.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/05/3671088/government-shutdown-also-shuts.html

I would imagine it would have to feel......pretty damned good. :)

You should have joined...ya little chicken shit. Billy and 3D may have gotten whooped by a girl....but at least they weren't afraid!!!

It had nothing to do with fear of the competitors. I was told I was an 'alternate', then I was told you were a judge. Given your first line in the judges forum on the 3D vs. Darla thread, I am glad I didn't. You jumped on a knee jerk reaction, then when refuted later by Damo, you just stuck with your knee jerk reaction and held it against 3D.

I think in the future the judges should have to break down how they came up with the scores they gave.

It had nothing to do with fear of the competitors. I was told I was an 'alternate', then I was told you were a judge. Given your first line in the judges forum on the 3D vs. Darla thread, I am glad I didn't. You jumped on a knee jerk reaction, then when refuted later by Damo, you just stuck with your knee jerk reaction and held it against 3D.

I think in the future the judges should have to break down how they came up with the scores they gave.

Yeah because in your world Damo is the final authority, lol

Isn't there some way to make the submissions anonymous to the judges to ensure that no bias creeps in?

Back