NSA vs. THE PEOPLE LOUNGE THREAD

I'll never forget how Mott earned his reputation back in Werewolf II because I moded that round. He had already flamed out of the inaugural game, and we lynched him only to discover he was the Seer. Right off the bat they come at him, and to protect himself, he claims to be the Seer, so they go after the victim he puts in his place, only to discover he's lying.

That was epic. :lol:

Before, your reputation went before you as a legendarily shitty player. By now, I think you've learned something and are a better player, and the reputation was holding you back.

Not necessarily.
A lot of times a lynching is done, because of something that occurred during a conversation elsewhere on the board.

I think that happened a lot starting with R II and continued for a while. Back in R1, Watermark was lynched on D1 because we thought it would be funny. Then everyone wanted to kill Mott. However, circumstances often would prevent Mott from being lynched straight out of the gate due to a suspicious player.

Before, your reputation went before you as a legendarily shitty player. By now, I think you've learned something and are a better player, and the reputation was holding you back.
Well actually my reptutation as a legendary shitty player was a self fullfilling prophecy in which I proactively cooperated. LOL

From my perspective, I think Mott played fine. I don't understand the whole "I will lynch myself" gamble. I don't think it was calculated at all. Now, I think it would have been genius if you had stuck with your vote. But, taking back your vote and pussing out on it made you look very Wolfy.

JMO

I think that happened a lot starting with R II and continued for a while. Back in R1, Watermark was lynched on D1 because we thought it would be funny. Then everyone wanted to kill Mott. However, circumstances often would prevent Mott from being lynched straight out of the gate due to a suspicious player.

That legend precedes me as well, up until the present day people congratulate me for "actually making through a game for once", each of the countless times I've made it all the way through a game. Just because of that one time I was lynched day 1.

I probably survive disproportionately, just because I tend to read village, and the wolves never seem to consider me enough of a threat to kill. It's actually kind of frustrating sometimes - like, this game, I was seriously a bit offended that he took out fucking USF instead of me. Come on!

And still, at the end of the game, I get that damn lame jab, "Wuh uh Watermark over here managed to survive to the end for once! Congrats!"

If Mott hadn't become the lynchpin, there was talk that the village would continue lynching you just for laughs. I nightkilled you that one time just to provoke a WTF reaction from the village. People were scrambling to see how you might have read Seer, etc.

Then again, no one took the game seriously at first. SF announced he was a wolf, I made S&M jokes, people openly mocked Grind, etc. Then the day got really exciting, intense, and dramatic. By the time everyone was lined-up for R II, it was serious business, so you might have been spared, anyway.

That legend precedes me as well, up until the present day people congratulate me for "actually making through a game for once", each of the countless times I've made it all the way through a game. Just because of that one time I was lynched day 1.

I probably survive disproportionately, just because I tend to read village, and the wolves never seem to consider me enough of a threat to kill. It's actually kind of frustrating sometimes - like, this game, I was seriously a bit offended that he took out fucking USF instead of me. Come on!

And still, at the end of the game, I get that damn lame jab, "Wuh uh Watermark over here managed to survive to the end for once! Congrats!"

If it makes you feel better, if I am ever a wolf again, I will rip out your fucking throat the first night and leave it for the birds to eat :)

From my perspective, I think Mott played fine. I don't understand the whole "I will lynch myself" gamble. I don't think it was calculated at all. Now, I think it would have been genius if you had stuck with your vote. But, taking back your vote and pussing out on it made you look very Wolfy.

JMO
I came close to doing it but the research I did on WW strategy said you shoud only commit suicide if you have irrefutable evidence as to someones ID and I didn't have irrefutable evidence on Olaf/Jarod.

I came close to doing it but the research I did on WW strategy said you shoud only commit suicide if you have irrefutable evidence as to someones ID and I didn't have irrefutable evidence on Olaf/Jarod.

then you shouldn't have made the call to begin with, personally I think Olaf was the smart lynch that day, you took too big a risk in my book. You drew a lot of unnecessary heat toward yourself that day

It's for the same reason I had to be talked into playing until we started doing the Anon characters. It was the extreme nastiness, hyper competitiveness of some of the players who can make this game a real drag. That's why I like the Anon characters for once I can actually play the game. The last two games were the only times I've had fun actually playing this game or even really had a chance to play the game.

I mean both the last two games I got a laugh from the ussual suspects who can be real nasty dropped their preconcieved notions about me on some other poor hapless player(this time it was Jarod) and they got a taste of that venom.

If we play the next round with Anon characters I'm in, work permitting. If without Anon characters...not interested.

Yeah the women here would stick out like sore thumbs in any werewolf game, but especially an anonymous one. You guys would know who the girls were right away, and I just don't think we can compete. I know that I'd be scared. I can't speak for Rana or Christie.

Yeah the women here would stick out like sore thumbs in any werewolf game, but especially an anonymous one. You guys would know who the girls were right away, and I just don't think we can compete. I know that I'd be scared. I can't speak for Rana or Christie.

That's okay, you can always stand on the sidelines and make us all sandwiches. :D

Back