Official Werewolf Game v. 8.1.2 New and Improved with Vigilante

LadyT has sent me an e-mail detailing some troubles she is having. I can't see the problem because I don't have access to the place where she posted the error while I am at work. I'll get back to y'all when I see it.

Okay, does this mean I should cut her some slack?

And of course Mott chimes in about some sort of concentrated effort by the TRINITY to lynch him. It may certainly seem like it this game, but considering 5/11 players are TRINITY, it's fairly reasonable to assume at least 2 would vote for the same person. That =/= a concentrated effort on any of our parts.
Uhhh yea....except this is like the 9th time it's happened. Some coincidence.

Ahahahaha, I see, thanks that helps a great deal.

Now, my analysis

Lady T, when she was a wolf the last time I played feigned that she was new and didn't know what she was doing. It is what pinged my attention last time. this time, she claims to have computer trouble...so she pinged my wolfdar

Then there is the Grind/Sf alliance and going after christie. Grind stating that people's reactions on the first day can be telling, piques my interest.

The youngins going after Mott right off the bat never seems to help the village or add to the exchange, but that is just my personal opinion in the matter.

If I were the seer, I would look into Lady T at this point.

rana, if you are a wolf, my hats off to you, because this post sounds REALLLLLLY villagery to me. Major good villager tone here.

Rana = village

Seer strategy:

Pick people that are unlikely to be killed by day3. Go for the players that wolves wont nightkill. Having 2-4 live peeks towards the middle or end game is huge and will end the game most times from process of elimination alone.

Peeking people that only end up getting nk'd is a waste of a peek.

Concurrently - if wolves know that's what you are doing . . you have to figure out how to beat the meta. Good luck

Seer strategy:

Pick people that are unlikely to be killed by day3. Go for the players that wolves wont nightkill. Having 2-4 live peeks towards the middle or end game is huge and will end the game most times from process of elimination alone.

Peeking people that only end up getting nk'd is a waste of a peek.

Concurrently - if wolves know that's what you are doing . . you have to figure out how to beat the meta. Good luck

Ok... you had me leaning villager until this point.... based on the thread thus far, two people (myself being one) suggested peeking you.... now you come out and essentially say 'don't peek me cause I prob will be killed by day 3 anyway'???

There are only 11 players. By the end of day 3 you have three day kills and 3 night kills, 6 of the 11 will be dead (possibly 7 if the vigilante strikes) assuming we don't tag all three wolves by then. I understand that you are a likely target of the wolves for a night kill in games where you aren't a wolf. But the above moves you up the wolf list.

Ok... you had me leaning villager until this point.... based on the thread thus far, two people (myself being one) suggested peeking you.... now you come out and essentially say 'don't peek me cause I prob will be killed by day 3 anyway'???

There are only 11 players. By the end of day 3 you have three day kills and 3 night kills, 6 of the 11 will be dead (possibly 7 if the vigilante strikes) assuming we don't tag all three wolves by then. I understand that you are a likely target of the wolves for a night kill in games where you aren't a wolf. But the above moves you up the wolf list.
Personally I think you're reading too much into Grinds post. He's outlining general strategy, and while I disagree with the premise he sets forth, it hardly indicates him of being wolfy.

Were you to suggest that his post moves him away from his accusing nature that he started the game off with and back towards the more helpful, benign villager pesrona he most often adopts, that would be more believable.

My updated day three thoughts:

Wolfy potential in order (again, take with grain of salt as this is day one)

Grind -primarily because of his last post, otherwise I was leaning villager
Christy - just a bit suspicious as her initial posts were out of character as Grind stated
Billy - the potential freudian slip bares some note, but that is the only wolfish tweak thus far
Lady T - I don't like the 'computer problem' excuse given her previous game... but if we give her the benefit of the doubt... it should not be too long as it is perfect cover for a wolf.
Mott - who knows, Grind is a hard read because he is a good player. Mott is a hard read because he is not a good player.

Others:
nothing yet from Water or USfree.... don't like that, but they have trended towards night posting the last few games... so I withhold judgement
Rana: leaning villager
3D and Voltaire: not really enough to read yet, hopefully they post more

My updated day three thoughts:

Mott - who knows, Grind is a hard read because he is a good player. Mott is a hard read because he is not a good player.
Lulz. Today is day one also. Since you mention Freudian slips this may imply that you are a wolf as you'd last long enough to make it to the 3rd day Grind eluded to.

Personally I think you're reading too much into Grinds post. He's outlining general strategy, and while I disagree with the premise he sets forth, it hardly indicates him of being wolfy.

Were you to suggest that his post moves him away from his accusing nature that he started the game off with and back towards the more helpful, benign villager pesrona he most often adopts, that would be more believable.

Perhaps, like I said, it just tweaked me a bit given that it was his name that was suggested for peeking and he essentially outlined a strategy that would leave him unpeeked. Just struck me as odd. If you have another wolf target, do elaborate.

I may or may not be killed. I dont think I am an instant kill, I have made it to the end quite a few times. It makes zero sense for seer to peek someone that has a high chance of dying anyway. It's laughable.

There is no greater thing for a wolf other than nking the seer, than nking the seers peek.
There is no greater thing for a wolf other than lynching the seer, than lynching the seers peek.

High profile seer peaks is an overdone, beginner strategy, but truth be told, it's not a very good one.

Current Tally:

[table=sortable][tr=][th]Cast Member[/th][th]Votes Against[/th][th]voted for[/th][/tr][tr=][td]Grind (KoJ)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Christie [/td][/tr][tr=][td]Threedee(KoR)[/td][td]1[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]CaptBilly(KoGuns)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]USF911[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Watermark(KoN)[/td][td]1[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Mott the Hoople[/td][td]3[/td][td]Watermark[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Voltaire(KoGods)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Rana[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Superfreak[/td][td]0[/td][td]Christie[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Christiefan[/td][td]2[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]LadyT[/td][td]0[/td][td]Threedee[/td][/tr][/table]

everyone stop voting mott. If he's a wolf, we'll probably have a good read on him later. He's no a good d1 lynch. He's a very easy mislynch target on d1.

I would be much happier if mott voters switched to watermark/yurt/usfree

Perhaps, like I said, it just tweaked me a bit given that it was his name that was suggested for peeking and he essentially outlined a strategy that would leave him unpeeked. Just struck me as odd. If you have another wolf target, do elaborate.
No I don't really have any more to go off of than you. But I just felt I should make you and the rest of the village aware that I thought you were reading too much into that particular post.

I may or may not be killed. I dont think I am an instant kill, I have made it to the end quite a few times. It makes zero sense for seer to peek someone that has a high chance of dying anyway. It's laughable.

There is no greater thing for a wolf other than nking the seer, than nking the seers peek.
There is no greater thing for a wolf other than lynching the seer, than lynching the seers peek.

High profile seer peaks is an overdone, beginner strategy, but truth be told, it's not a very good one.

hmm... alright... I think I see your point. Just seemed odd given that you were the one I and Lady T suggested peeking. If you turn out to be a wolf... I am so kicking your ass. Just sayin'

Back