Official Werewolf Game v. 8.1.2 New and Improved with Vigilante

Look who's talking when you were last a wolf you took a 50:50 roll of the dice and if it hadn't of been for Watermark you would have lost your gambit.

Wolves tend to do two things in the opening. They either lay back and wait or they go over the top. I respect Grind's ability to play and if he's a wolf the village is in trouble. So when Grind does something....I wanna know why. I'm not saying I think he's a wolf....I'm just saying I'm paying attention to him. In case he is.

Fair enough. I just wanted to get a feel for where you were coming from. See...this is how the game is played. Interaction. It can be quite telling. Now we need to get the absentees active... otherwise I am voting to lynch one of them at the end of the day, unless we get more info on one of the active players to indicate 'wolf'.

Obviously we don't have a whole lot to go on (especially with half the players absent), but for those that are here... what are your gut reactions to what has been said thus far? Do we lynch an inactive player if we don't have a good feel for anyone?

Obviously we don't have a whole lot to go on (especially with half the players absent), but for those that are here... what are your gut reactions to what has been said thus far? Do we lynch an inactive player if we don't have a good feel for anyone?

I think village has become too pessimistic regarding day 1 logic.

I have played a lot of games recently, and a LOT of reliable info can be found on d1, if everyone participates. Is it as meaningful of d2? Usually not. But meaningless? No.

For anyone that has been a wolf, especially perhaps more than once, you KNOW what its like when someone mentions your name as a wolf candidate. you go "SHIT SHIT SHIT have I been peeked? What did I do to get people on my ass?"

You question your logic at every turn. You worry that what you say now might be hard to go back on later. You have some semblance of a long term strategy, who in the village do you want to frame? Who is being seer-y? Who can you vote for and make it seem like you aren't just bandwagon hoping, but have a "real" reason for going after? Finding cases to vote for people is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to do as a wolf, because you have perfect information. You know when village is wrong. And you have to make a case against what you know is the truth.

You have to say who do I want dead now, and who will be easy to get lynched later?

You are tempted to call everyone villager... after all, it's easy for you when you know who all the villagers are.

You try to make concise logical answers. You don't want to be caught, you don't want to make a mistake. You wont be writing your posts hap-hazardly.

So take that all in above, and you can get a sense of how a wolf might behave in a thread.

Concurrently, we have villagers. What is a villagers goal? To find wolves, and to clear themselves. Who looks like they are actually trying to solve the game? Who looks like they are putting real effort into actually coming up with a solid conclusion? Who doesn't look like they are phoning it in? Who looks fearless? (villagers dont usually care as much about being lynched as a wolf does... obviously). Who speaks before thinking? (usually not wolves, unless they are bad)

How many wolves are there again? I'm sure it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread, but I am too lazy to go back. 0_o

Anyway, so as to not break from tradition, LYNCH MOTT.

I think village has become too pessimistic regarding day 1 logic.

I have played a lot of games recently, and a LOT of reliable info can be found on d1, if everyone participates. Is it as meaningful of d2? Usually not. But meaningless? No.

For anyone that has been a wolf, especially perhaps more than once, you KNOW what its like when someone mentions your name as a wolf candidate. you go "SHIT SHIT SHIT have I been peeked? What did I do to get people on my ass?"

You question your logic at every turn. You worry that what you say now might be hard to go back on later. You have some semblance of a long term strategy, who in the village do you want to frame? Who is being seer-y? Who can you vote for and make it seem like you aren't just bandwagon hoping, but have a "real" reason for going after? Finding cases to vote for people is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to do as a wolf, because you have perfect information. You know when village is wrong. And you have to make a case against what you know is the truth.

You have to say who do I want dead now, and who will be easy to get lynched later?

You are tempted to call everyone villager... after all, it's easy for you when you know who all the villagers are.

You try to make concise logical answers. You don't want to be caught, you don't want to make a mistake. You wont be writing your posts hap-hazardly.

So take that all in above, and you can get a sense of how a wolf might behave in a thread.

Concurrently, we have villagers. What is a villagers goal? To find wolves, and to clear themselves. Who looks like they are actually trying to solve the game? Who looks like they are putting real effort into actually coming up with a solid conclusion? Who doesn't look like they are phoning it in? Who looks fearless? (villagers dont usually care as much about being lynched as a wolf does... obviously). Who speaks before thinking? (usually not wolves, unless they are bad)

I think the key words above are 'if everyone participates'. If they do, then I agree, we are able to get dialogue going and can develop some decent intel. While I appreciate the rest of your post, it didn't really address my comments or questions.

What are you gut takes right now? If we don't have more to go on, do we go with an inactive player or do we stick with a gut call?

How many wolves are there again? I'm sure it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread, but I am too lazy to go back. 0_o

Anyway, so as to not break from tradition, LYNCH MOTT.

3 wolves, SEER, vigilante, 6 other villagers.

Have you read through the thread yet? If so, what is your gut feel right now?

Current status:

[table=sortable]
[tr=][th]Cast Member[/th][th]Votes Against[/th][th]voted for[/th][/tr][tr=][td]Grind (KoJ)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Christie [/td][/tr][tr=][td]Threedee(KoR)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]CaptBilly(KoGuns)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]USF911[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Watermark(KoN)[/td][td]1[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Mott the Hoople[/td][td]3[/td][td]Watermark[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Voltaire(KoGods)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Rana[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Superfreak[/td][td]0[/td][td]Christie[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Christiefan[/td][td]2[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]LadyT[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][/table]

6 votes is auto-lynch, 3 Wolves remain, 1 Seer, 1 Vigilante

At this point, the SEER has had two peeks. If we start sharing thoughts, we give the SEER a chance to do the same.

Mott sucks as SEER (so hopefully he is not this game), sucks as a villager so if everyone is active at sometime today, I have no problem lynching him if we don't have a good idea on anyone else.... and if he is wolf... well all the more reason to lynch the bastard.

Grind is the hardest for me to read and is the best player in this game. In the game he was a wolf, he waded through about 100 villagers and won the game for the wolves. (ok, slight exaggeration, but it was a lot). He would be my first peek as a SEER. For this game he has done his normal 'here is how the game works' thing that usually indicates he is a villager. That said, he is capable of playing on that fact. I lean villager, but highly recommend a peek on him.

Christy pinged Grinds radar a bit, while somewhat weak, his point was valid. My vote currently lies with her, but mainly due to a lack of a better alternative.

Billy made one post that seemed a bit of a freudian slip... like Christy, it is a relatively weak case overall, but for day one... worth mentioning.

No clue on Voltaire (one post), Threedee (only posting his love for Billy), or the inactives (for obvious reasons)

I think the key words above are 'if everyone participates'. If they do, then I agree, we are able to get dialogue going and can develop some decent intel. While I appreciate the rest of your post, it didn't really address my comments or questions.

What are you gut takes right now? If we don't have more to go on, do we go with an inactive player or do we stick with a gut call?

my overarching point is that there is plenty of information on d1. The attitude of "pff well we dont know much anyway, lets throw darts" will not inspire people to try harder.

And I wasn't really addressing it to you but speaking more in a general sense

I'm leaning towards lynching one of the non-posters. Their either a wolf or dead weight and either way are a danger to the village.

lynching villagers is a danger to the village.

I dont believe in lynching inactives for inactives sake, unless one is not confident on their reads. But even then, doing so it basically gives wolves completely license to vote off a villager and have little to any repercussions for themselves.

Truth be told, I would say a dead semi active villager that gives us info on how people voted (either on or off their wagon) is preferable to a dead inactive villager that gives the village no info at all and puts village right back at square one on d2.

You can't always rely on the seer to carry the weight.

This all has to be in one post, the scripts are screwing up my computer so I probably won’t be posting much.
That Mott bandwagon is suspicious.
Lynch 3D
Seer: peek Grind tonight.

Damo, how do I fix this?

This all has to be in one post, the scripts are screwing up my computer so I probably won’t be posting much.
That Mott bandwagon is suspicious.
Lynch 3D
Seer: peek Grind tonight.

Damo, how do I fix this?

I dunno. What is it doing? First try logging out, closing down your browser, then open it back up, log back in.

Hmmmm Billy and I were pretty much joking with our first votes....but you're not.....You're being awfully aggressive to start out with Grind...that's not like you....that's pretty wolfish behavior. You pretty much start out with village strategy but now you're going straigt for a lynch.....you just pinged my Wolfdar.
One, you stole my word (wolfdar). Second, while my reasoning was pretty much a joke (like the entire state in which you reside), my vote wasn't. I'm basically voting for you because, as of right now (I'm on page 4) you are the best candidate to get responses out of.

Current Tally:

[table=sortable][tr=][th]Cast Member[/th][th]Votes Against[/th][th]voted for[/th][/tr][tr=][td]Grind (KoJ)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Christie [/td][/tr][tr=][td]Threedee(KoR)[/td][td]1[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]CaptBilly(KoGuns)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]USF911[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Watermark(KoN)[/td][td]1[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Mott the Hoople[/td][td]3[/td][td]Watermark[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Voltaire(KoGods)[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mott[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Rana[/td][td]0[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Superfreak[/td][td]0[/td][td]Christie[/td][/tr][tr=][td]Christiefan[/td][td]2[/td][td]n/a[/td][/tr][tr=][td]LadyT[/td][td]0[/td][td]Threedee[/td][/tr][/table]

lynching villagers is a danger to the village.

I dont believe in lynching inactives for inactives sake, unless one is not confident on their reads. But even then, doing so it basically gives wolves completely license to vote off a villager and have little to any repercussions for themselves.

Truth be told, I would say a dead semi active villager that gives us info on how people voted (either on or off their wagon) is preferable to a dead inactive villager that gives the village no info at all and puts village right back at square one on d2.

You can't always rely on the seer to carry the weight.

I disagree with you on the above, but since Water and USFree are likely to post later in the day, it is probably a moot point for this game as all others have now posted. (though some have not really commented much on the game itself.... rana, 3d)

Back