APP - Pass Kennedy Care now!

Right, like you respected Bush for turning his life around after spending a "youth" (into his thirties) being a drunk.

:rolleyes:

You "respect" the D by his name.

IMO, you aren't really feeling the guilt of killing a young woman in a lake when you name your dog Splash... seriously, the guy had respect for power not people.

He cemented a place in history and for that he gets a measure of my respect, but not much of it.

I do respect that about Bush. I never made a disparaging remark about Bush for having been a drunk.

Laura Bush named her dog Barny, does that mean she did not have remorse over killing a young man on a road???

I would never go around calling someone an "old drunk" because for a period of time they suffered from an addiction, especally when they appeared to have counquored that addiction.

so it is ok to bring up laura bush, who is out of the political spotlight and never really put herself in it.....but it is bad to talk about kennedy's probable manslaughter....

hypocrite

Where did I ever say it was bad to talk about it?

Its against the rules to call people names in this thread.

then why are you even talking about her? she has nothing to do with kennedy killing that girl....

and again....what did kennedy do for her health?

Your question has nuthing to do with what I am talking about. to humor you ill answer... He did nuthing good for her health.

I explained why I mentioned Laura earlier, but Ill do it again for your benefit. I mentioned her because I wanted to point out that people can do something bad, yet still make something respectable for themselves. See above!

Where did I ever say it was bad to talk about it?

Its against the rules to call people names in this thread.

hypocrite is not against the rules....it simply describes you....:pke:

you are goign off on how stupid it is for people to talk about it....so yes, you're saying it is bad....it wasn't, you would say anything....

nice try

No hating an American Hero is just as good a reason to say you hate America, as you saying I hate Mary Jo because I pointed out that her photo had nuthing to do with the discussion.

Hero?

Please... While Ted Kennedy worked hard to do what he thought was best during his almost 5 decades in the Senate, he is not a hero. I think you use the term way too loosely.

hypocrite is not against the rules....it simply describes you....:pke:

you are goign off on how stupid it is for people to talk about it....so yes, you're saying it is bad....it wasn't, you would say anything....

nice try

Again, you are lying, I never ever said it was bad to talk about it!

I do respect that about Bush. I never made a disparaging remark about Bush for having been a drunk.

Laura Bush named her dog Barny, does that mean she did not have remorse over killing a young man on a road???

I would never go around calling someone an "old drunk" because for a period of time they suffered from an addiction, especally when they appeared to have counquored that addiction.
Was the young man named "Barny"? Was it the "sound" of the crash? Would it make, say, that young man's family be reminded of the sound the car made the night their young son died? Seriously, this is the weakest defense I've ever heard. Now had she named it after the sound a car makes when it passes through a stop sign or after the shriek of metal when the cars collided I might be able to see some equality in this.

And he never appeared to have conquered that addiction.

Hero?

Please... While Ted Kennedy worked hard to do what he thought was best during his almost 5 decades in the Senate, he is not a hero. I think you use the term way too loosely.

I belive that voting against the Iraq war was heroic.

Right, like you respected Bush for turning his life around after spending a "youth" (into his thirties) being a drunk.

:rolleyes:

You "respect" the D by his name.

IMO, you aren't really feeling the guilt of killing a young woman in a lake when you name your dog Splash... seriously, the guy had respect for power not people.

He cemented a place in history and for that he gets a measure of my respect, but not much of it.

I do respect Bush for giving up the drink and the cocahena...he took the lesser of the evils, religion or was it, it seems it gave him the right to kill more people than did Kennedy, just my opinion.

No, was Mary Jo named Splash?
His dog was a Portuguese water dog. I think the is the reason he named it Spalsh, and not some other stupid reason, and it wasn't disrespectful as you claim. It is probably the sound the dog made when he jumped in the water. He was also a big splash with Kennedy who dearly loved the dog! One reason the Obama's got one. I guess they were also thinking of disrespecting Mary Jo. must be that D by their name. They all giggle about it, Mary Jo, hahahahaha...

I didn't think you dabbled in absurdities, but I guess even you succumb!

His dog was a Portuguese water dog. I think the is the reason he named it Spalsh, and not some other stupid reason, and it wasn't disrespectful as you claim. It is probably the sound the dog made when he jumped in the water. He was also a big splash with Kennedy who dearly loved the dog! One reason the Obama's got one. I guess they were also thinking of disrespecting Mary Jo. must be that D by their name. They all giggle about it, Mary Jo, hahahahaha...

If I had ever done this, and felt the awesome guilt that some people believe he did, something like naming your dog "Splash" would not enter my mind, ever. It isn't a tribute, it is a reminder of the worst moment of my life.

Honestly, there is nothing that showed how little he thought of that night then when I heard him cheerfully talking about his dog "Splash"... The very first thing that came to mind was how Mary's parents would have felt hearing that...

It has nothing to do with the letter by his name, and everything to do with simple decency.

Was the young man named "Barny"? Was it the "sound" of the crash? Would it make, say, that young man's family be reminded of the sound the car made the night their young son died? Seriously, this is the weakest defense I've ever heard. Now had she named it after the sound a car makes when it passes through a stop sign or after the shriek of metal when the cars collided I might be able to see some equality in this.

And he never appeared to have conquered that addiction.

So Senator should not have named his "Chinease Water Dog" splash...?

In order to have remorse he had to avoid anything relating to one of the most common substances on Earth? I do not understand that. Laura Drove a car, was that disrespectfull? Laura smoked cigerates, smoke was likely something that was at the accident sceen, does that demonstrate that she lacked remorse?

This is one of the more pittafull arguments Ive seen on this board, and comming from you Damo of all people!

so you were in his mind when he named the dog splash?

Ohhh, Kennedy kept sailing his sailboat, on WATER, he must not have had any remorse.

Back