APP - Pass Kennedy Care now!

I can stretch my mind to see the link you are claiming... I just belive it is a real stretch in order to condem a man you dont like for other reasons.
When did I "condemn" him? I simply stated it showed a lack of empathy and therefore he deserved less of my respect.

Some commas would help.
Break it down into simple sentences, find the subject, and work it through. It doesn't do your argument well to say you cannot understand complex sentence structure.

Which part was difficult?

The first of the "or" statement, or the second part of it?

There are two ideas within this complex sentence. That you either:

1. lack the capacity to feel empathy for those you deem as "other"
or
2. You are willing to ignore what is obvious in order to protect whatever you believe in, regardless of the foolish speed or emotive nature of how you have drawn your conclusions.

Damo, we are all guilty of that, even your daughter! She probably believes you to be the smartest man in the universe.
This is the reason for the requirement of introspection in my beliefs (and by default that of my daughters).

Break it down into simple sentences, find the subject, and work it through. It doesn't do your argument well to say you cannot understand complex sentence structure.

Which part was difficult?

The first of the "or" statement, or the second part of it?

There are two ideas within this complex sentence. That you either:

1. lack the capacity to feel empathy for those you deem as "other"
or
2. You are willing to ignore what is obvious in order to protect whatever you believe in, regardless of the foolish speed or emotive nature of how you have drawn your conclusions.

It was a very poorly written sentence, but I dont expect you to admit that!

He had long periods where he didn't drink, then he would binge, according to his son.
Yeah, that's what I heard as well. But then my alcoholic father did that same thing. It didn't make him less of an alcoholic, but it certainly didn't show his strengths either.

Drinking isn't really something that I dislike him for, for most of my life I loved an old drunk and I still miss him terribly.

Back