Questions for survivalists

I know this is difficult for liberals to acknowledge, but the grain in the silos, vegetables in the gardens/fields, and the meat in the pastures does not belong to you or the government with the latter having the right to confiscate it. where did you get the moronic notion that you can do whatever you feel like in the interest of humanity?

Right here. "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Sound familiar?

The land, the grain, the vegetables, the cattle and your a$$ belongs to the government in time of emergency.

I don't know where you get your ideas from but you're in for a rude awakening, son.

or we can just kill you all when you attempt to do so.

A hundred starving people backing the government against one farmer. Another hundred people backing the government against one meat producer. You're making a mockery of your handle, "SmarterThanYou".

Right here. "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Sound familiar?

The land, the grain, the vegetables, the cattle and your a$$ belongs to the government in time of emergency.

I don't know where you get your ideas from but you're in for a rude awakening, son.
I got my ideas from the founding fathers and the framers of the US Constitution. I can't find anywhere in those documents that declares my a$$ or my property belongs to the government in times of emergency. Your reading of the preamble is miles off the mark. That 'rude awakening', as you call it, will most certainly end up in catastrophe for me, you, and the government because it will mean the end of this nation.

A hundred starving people backing the government against one farmer. Another hundred people backing the government against one meat producer. You're making a mockery of your handle, "SmarterThanYou".
yeah, the statists (that's you) will certainly get the first few farmers and ranchers, but word will spread. It won't always be a mob of JBTs raiding a single family. They will eventually be met with growing numbers of resistance, but you must also prepare yourself for the inevitable reprisals that you and yours will face.

Moronic question. Will I shoot people who are walking by? Will I shoot people who just happen to cross my path? Will I shoot people who look at me funny? Will I shoot people who ask for food? Will I shoot people who attack my home? It is not a "Yes or No" answer.

Isn't it?

SmarterThanFews moment of glory:

Except nobody would scream "no".

Isn't it?

You think its all the same? If I just stick a gun out the window and start sniping people as they drive by or that I use a firearm to defend my home from marauders? One of those is murder and the other is self defense.

You think its all the same? If I just stick a gun out the window and start sniping people as they drive by ...

You wouldn't be the first gunlover to snap, would you?

Do you think it's the strain of the incessant fear?

SmarterThanFews moment of glory:

Except nobody would scream "no".

If you think that is his moment of glory you are wrong. It would be the fact he cast you as the Drill Instructor. You know, the guy he shot just before this scene?

You wouldn't be the first gunlover to snap, would you?

Do you think it's the strain of the incessant fear?

Nice that you select just the part you want. Dishonest and amusing at the same time. I am not the one with the obsession about gun owners. I think you are far more likely to snap due to the strain of incessant fear. You live in fear of the gun owners. You are obsessed by the idea that there are millions of armed citizens. I have to smile thinking about how we must scare you so.

I am not the one with the obsession about gun owners. I think you are far more likely to snap due to the strain of incessant fear. You live in fear of the gun owners. You are obsessed by the idea that there are millions of armed citizens. I have to smile thinking about how we must scare you so.

Jumping to conclusions again, I see.

Am I cowering in a cellar somewhere, sweatily fingering a gun and straining my ears for the sound of a crazed mob or a squad of government agents?

I am amused that there are a few 'armed citizens' who live in perpetual terror of life itself, and call it "preparedness".

I have to smile thinking of your terror every time your doorbell rings.

Jumping to conclusions again, I see.

Am I cowering in a cellar somewhere, sweatily fingering a gun and straining my ears for the sound of a crazed mob or a squad of government agents?

I am amused that there are a few 'armed citizens' who live in perpetual terror of life itself, and call it "preparedness".

I have to smile thinking of your terror every time your doorbell rings.

Yes, I am sure you are "amused". You have started more threads about guns than those of us who like them. You have posted more snide remarks about "gunlovers" than you have about any other topic. But I am sure it is just because you are amused.

:good4u:

As for my terror, you are sadly mistaken. I have far less fear than most people. I'll answer my door any time day or night. I'll stop and help stranded motorists. I am happier than you will ever dream of being. But don't worry, we "gunlovers" usually don't notice those who are afraid of us.

I got my ideas from the founding fathers and the framers of the US Constitution. I can't find anywhere in those documents that declares my a$$ or my property belongs to the government in times of emergency. Your reading of the preamble is miles off the mark. That 'rude awakening', as you call it, will most certainly end up in catastrophe for me, you, and the government because it will mean the end of this nation.

Domestic tranquility. General welfare....one person will eat while 100 starve?

The only end will be the end of the 1, not the 100.

yeah, the statists (that's you) will certainly get the first few farmers and ranchers, but word will spread. It won't always be a mob of JBTs raiding a single family. They will eventually be met with growing numbers of resistance, but you must also prepare yourself for the inevitable reprisals that you and yours will face.

Numbers, SmarterThanYou. It's all about numbers. History is replete with examples of lopsided societies. The average wage being $50,000 and some folks are "earning" 10 times ($500,000) or 100 times ($5,000,000) or 200 times ($10,000,000) the average. Not many complain because they are still eating and have a home. Once that changes, if/when people stop having food, no one will be entitled to 100 or 200 rations.

Yes, I am sure you are "amused".

You are correct. I like to give credit where it's due.

I am amused by your frantic antics.

If you didn't amuse me, I wouldn't bother mocking you.

You have started more threads about guns than those of us who like them.

Can you substantiate that claim?

You have posted more snide remarks about "gunlovers" than you have about any other topic. But I am sure it is just because you are amused.

Perhaps so. Again, your assessment of my motive is accurate, for once.

I'm proud of you.

As for my terror, you are sadly mistaken. I have far less fear than most people. I'll answer my door any time day or night. I'll stop and help stranded motorists. I am happier than you will ever dream of being. But don't worry, we "gunlovers" usually don't notice those who are afraid of us.

Naturally the sentiments and generalizations you have uttered cannot be substantiated in any way, can they?

Since you notice me, obviously you were lying when you claimed that I fear you.

You are correct. I like to give credit where it's due.

I am amused by your frantic antics.

If you didn't amuse me, I wouldn't bother mocking you.

Can you substantiate that claim?

Perhaps so. Again, your assessment of my motive is accurate, for once.

I'm proud of you.

Naturally the sentiments and generalizations you have uttered cannot be substantiated in any way, can they?

Since you notice me, obviously you were lying when you claimed that I fear you.

Your "America the Shootiful" thread alone is at 42 pages, the majority of which are yours. Time to face your obsession.

I notice you on a political debate forum. I doubt I would notice you in real life.

You are fun to play with until an interesting topic comes along. You do nothing but take pot-shots and cut & paste attempts at ridicule. If you ever actually debated someone, I am sure you would have your ass handed to you.

But you try and convince yourself that you are not scared. If you manage to convince yourself, that will make one of us who believes you.

Domestic tranquility. General welfare....one person will eat while 100 starve?

The only end will be the end of the 1, not the 100.

Numbers, SmarterThanYou. It's all about numbers. History is replete with examples of lopsided societies. The average wage being $50,000 and some folks are "earning" 10 times ($500,000) or 100 times ($5,000,000) or 200 times ($10,000,000) the average. Not many complain because they are still eating and have a home. Once that changes, if/when people stop having food, no one will be entitled to 100 or 200 rations.

how come numbers don't seem to come in to the equation when it's people vs the government, yet people vs people, it's all about numbers? it can't be both ways.

the bottom line is that the mob that attacks the one has to know that some of them are gonna die, but who dies? human nature dictates that most people are going to be about self preservation and not risk getting shot. it's like 10 people attacking someone with a revolver. The group knows he's only got 6 shots, so he can't get them all....but who takes the bullets?
the other thing I think you're purposefully ignoring is the retribution that you in the city, who didn't plan for this contingency, will experience. the people who you commission the government to confiscate their property for your own purposes will do one of two things. They will either seek to recoup their property back or they will kill those responsible. you can consider yourself and your family as those responsible.

and it's not a very progressive mindset, to me, that you can arbitrarily steal a families stockpile to split up simply because they had the presence of mind to stockpile while you and yours ridiculed him for it.

Back