Questions for survivalists

Careful how you phrase things, or the next thing you know liberals will be demanding IQ tests to purchase firearms - where the libs determine what denotes a correct answer. Test administrator: "Was Jimmy Carter a good president?" Firearm purchaser: "No" Test administrator: "Sorry, you are not smart enough to own a gun."

We've already established that you, SmarterThanFew and Winterborn own guns, so clearly there's no proof of intelligence required.

Not wanting the survivalists to become filled with despair l I felt sharing this possible doomsday scenario will help keep hope alive.

(Excerpt) IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colorful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation.

It sounds ridiculous. Surely the sun couldn't create so profound a disaster on Earth. Yet an extraordinary report funded by NASA and issued by the US National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in January this year claims it could do just that.

In reality, it would be much worse than that. Hurricane Katrina's societal and economic impact has been measured at $81 billion to $125 billion. According to the NAS report, the impact of what it terms a "severe geomagnetic storm scenario" could be as high as $2 trillion. And that's just the first year after the storm. The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years. It is questionable whether the US would ever bounce back.

The report outlines the worst case scenario for the US. The "perfect storm" is most likely on a spring or autumn night in a year of heightened solar activity - something like 2012. Around the equinoxes, the orientation of the Earth's field to the sun makes us particularly vulnerable to a plasma strike.

"A really large storm could be a planetary disaster," Kappenman says. (End)
http://www.2012supplies.com/what_is_2012/solar_maxim.html

Not wanting the survivalists to become filled with despair l I felt sharing this possible doomsday scenario will help keep hope alive.

(Excerpt) IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colorful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation.

It sounds ridiculous. Surely the sun couldn't create so profound a disaster on Earth. Yet an extraordinary report funded by NASA and issued by the US National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in January this year claims it could do just that.

In reality, it would be much worse than that. Hurricane Katrina's societal and economic impact has been measured at $81 billion to $125 billion. According to the NAS report, the impact of what it terms a "severe geomagnetic storm scenario" could be as high as $2 trillion. And that's just the first year after the storm. The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years. It is questionable whether the US would ever bounce back.

The report outlines the worst case scenario for the US. The "perfect storm" is most likely on a spring or autumn night in a year of heightened solar activity - something like 2012. Around the equinoxes, the orientation of the Earth's field to the sun makes us particularly vulnerable to a plasma strike.

What? So now you are admitting there is at least one genuine concern for which long term preparations are appropriate?

Or are we still evil, and we should all just sit around and wait to die?
My point is what are people surviving for?

We've already established that you, SmarterThanFew and Winterborn own guns, so clearly there's no proof of intelligence required.

Baseless personal attacks are always a sign of losing a debate. Well, except when they are from someone who has not yet participated in a debate.

Oh, so the ones who actually prepare for things are the stupid ones? lol Nice alternate reality you created for yourself.
Of course! Don't you understand yet? Nothing bad will happen, until, well, when something bad happens. And then it'll be all the fault of the republicans anyway, so they're stupid to want to survive. Why survive something that is your fault?

It's all clear when you turn your brain off and let your fingers spout random hate like a liberal troll.

Of course! Don't you understand yet? Nothing bad will happen, until, well, when something bad happens. And then it'll be all the fault of the republicans anyway, so they're stupid to want to survive. Why survive something that is your fault?

It's all clear when you turn your brain off and let your fingers spout random hate like a liberal troll.

Oh I see it now. Thanks for the clarification.

I've seen the "doomsday" scenarios and that large of an EMT burst would affect the entire world; so a year later, there would be no world bank.

Baseless personal attacks are always a sign of losing a debate. Well, except when they are from someone who has not yet participated in a debate.

Would attacking someone's family be a sign of weakness, then?

I've seen the "doomsday" scenarios and that large of an EMT burst would affect the entire world; so a year later, there would be no world bank.

Scared much, USBleedum?

Tell me, how have you 'prepared' for this?

No, I am asking which portion of my statement needed clarification. I'm not confused at all.

Memory issues? Could it be the constant fear, or early onset Alzheimers?

Here's your statement. You may recall that you uttered these deathless pearls of prose in response to a gunlover video.

Some people are too stupid to have guns. Sadly, the video shows quite a few of those. It also shows people who are clueless about firearms and were played by whoever handed them a gun too big for them. Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Now - how so?

Back