Questions for survivalists

What are you preparing for? Be specific.

Be specific? The preparations are nonspecific. I am preparing for any time that having supplies will help my family. Be it a lay-ff, storm damage, social collapse, sunspots, or whatever. The entire point of such preparations is that we cannot possibly know what will happen in the future.

Memory issues? Could it be the constant fear, or early onset Alzheimers?

Here's your statement. You may recall that you uttered these deathless pearls of prose in response to a gunlover video.

Now - how so?

Again, my post mentioned 3 different ideas. Your question, "How so?" is aimed at which one?

But rather than play this game any more, how about I just pick one of the 3.

How is it irrelevant to the topic? The topic is survivalists. A video showing people either being stupid with or tricked with, firearms has no relevance to the topic. Several of the clips showed people firing guns that are obviously too big for them and for which they are woefully unprepared. While it may be amusing to some, it has no relevance to the topic at hand.

Be specific? The preparations are nonspecific. I am preparing for any time that having supplies will help my family. Be it a lay-ff, storm damage, social collapse, sunspots, or whatever. The entire point of such preparations is that we cannot possibly know what will happen in the future.

And you regard this as prudent and rational?

Would attacking someone's family be a sign of weakness, then?

A single snide remark riding piggyback on 3D's insult may not have been good debate technique. But since you constantly dance around the topic, focus on details that are irrelevant, post insults based on fantasy rather than actual posts by the opposition and refuse to answer any question, you haven't been debating anyway.

A single snide remark riding piggyback on 3D's insult may not have been good debate technique. But since you constantly dance around the topic, focus on details that are irrelevant, post insults based on fantasy rather than actual posts by the opposition and refuse to answer any question, you haven't been debating anyway.

So you feel justified. Is Jesus proud of you?

Again, my post mentioned 3 different ideas. Your question, "How so?" is aimed at which one? But rather than play this game any more, how about I just pick one of the 3. How is it irrelevant to the topic? The topic is survivalists. A video showing people either being stupid with or tricked with, firearms has no relevance to the topic. Several of the clips showed people firing guns that are obviously too big for them and for which they are woefully unprepared. While it may be amusing to some, it has no relevance to the topic at hand.

So it was too complex for you.

Can you explain why a video of firearms owners in action - posted in response to SmarterThanFew's statement about 5 adults being trained to use guns - is irrelevant to this topic?

So it was too complex for you.

Can you explain why a video of firearms owners in action - posted in response to SmarterThanFew's statement about 5 adults being trained to use guns - is irrelevant to this topic?

Not to complex at all. You asked a question. I asked for clarification. You went with your usual avoidance of discussion and refused to give any clarification. So I am fine with my answer.

Can you give any explanation as to why the video is relevant? If STY posted about 5 people being trained to use guns, the fact that those in the video were not has no bearing.

What? So now you are admitting there is at least one genuine concern for which long term preparations are appropriate?

Or are we still evil, and we should all just sit around and wait to die?

I posted that to lift your spirits. Now you can stockpile for at least 4 years. (The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years.)

As you know we've discussed the possibility of "smoke 'em out". Here is a short video on fire rated vault doors. http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/vault_door_videos/sportsman_vault_door_video.htm

The segment 4:35 - 4:45 informs us "if the wife hears a noise she can get inside and the perps can shoot an uzi at it all day long and not get access." At an $1800.00 tag it's a small price, indeed, to pay for peace of mind. A vault with a hidden air pipe to the exterior of the home would allow for extended stays in the vault. For further peace of mind a remote controlled booby-trap on the exterior of the vault should the hoards get access to your basement. Anything from tear gas to a home made pipe bomb would suffice. Also, a surveillance camera on the exterior would be a wise investment with a monitor in the vault allowing one to see if the "coast is clear".

It's like restoring old cars. "Do it once. Do it right."

Not to complex at all. You asked a question. I asked for clarification. You went with your usual avoidance of discussion and refused to give any clarification. So I am fine with my answer. Can you give any explanation as to why the video is relevant? If STY posted about 5 people being trained to use guns, the fact that those in the video were not has no bearing.

You seem upset, since you made a grammatical error.

I asked you to tell me why the video is irrelevant, since that's what you claimed. If you cannot, just admit it.

I posted that to lift your spirits. Now you can stockpile for at least 4 years. (The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years.) As you know we've discussed the possibility of "smoke 'em out". Here is a short video on fire rated vault doors. http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/vault_door_videos/sportsman_vault_door_video.htm The segment 4:35 - 4:45 informs us "if the wife hears a noise she can get inside and the perps can shoot an uzi at it all day long and not get access." At an $1800.00 tag it's a small price, indeed, to pay for peace of mind. A vault with a hidden air pipe to the exterior of the home would allow for extended stays in the vault. For further peace of mind a remote controlled booby-trap on the exterior of the vault should the hoards get access to your basement. Anything from tear gas to a home made pipe bomb would suffice. Also, a surveillance camera on the exterior would be a wise investment with a monitor in the vault allowing one to see if the "coast is clear". It's like restoring old cars. "Do it once. Do it right."

Hilarious.

How does the fear-crazed cellar dweller plan on powering their video monitoring system for 4 to 10 years?

Would a piece of lightly-chewed gum applied to the camera lens degrade it's usefulness?

Oh, so the ones who actually prepare for things are the stupid ones? lol Nice alternate reality you created for yourself.

It's the length of preparation that is being questioned. Any crisis where the government is not able to offer basic survival aid within a few weeks will result in a dramatic change in culture. The first fact acknowledged will the government has lost control. Today, people who have a few supplies on hand are not concerned with their neighbor stealing them. When things like a storm or a power outage occur people just stay home and read a book knowing things will return to normal shortly. It's when they realize things will not be returning to normal any time soon that mob mentality takes over.

Right or wrong, that's the way things will go and survival will depend on being part of the mob. Individuals, survivalists, will not stand a chance in a populated area.

You seem upset, since you made a grammatical error.

I asked you to tell me why the video is irrelevant, since that's what you claimed. If you cannot, just admit it.

I explained why it was irrelevant. If STY made a claim about 5 people being trained with firearms, showing a collection of clips of people being stupid has no bearing.

Why do you think it is relevant.

Can you be less specific?

I could, but I answered the question.

You danced and refused to show any corrolation to post after post about the medical definitions of "paranoia", but you want me to give specifics of my personal life?

It's the length of preparation that is being questioned. Any crisis where the government is not able to offer basic survival aid within a few weeks will result in a dramatic change in culture. The first fact acknowledged will the government has lost control. Today, people who have a few supplies on hand are not concerned with their neighbor stealing them. When things like a storm or a power outage occur people just stay home and read a book knowing things will return to normal shortly. It's when they realize things will not be returning to normal any time soon that mob mentality takes over.

Right or wrong, that's the way things will go and survival will depend on being part of the mob. Individuals, survivalists, will not stand a chance in a populated area.

Obviously I disagree with you. Now the urban areas will be more difficult, but it will still be possible. But most people who fit the term "survivalist" won't be in an urban area.

Back