Questions for survivalists

Is that good debate technique?

You have steadfastly refused to answer questions. And now you want to make an issue of my refusing to continue to answer question after question after question. Wouldn't that be hypocrisy?

I answered the question. You kept asking and I decided not to continue that line. It is much like the "what did the pilgrims and indians trade?". I answered your initial question and you simply kept pressing towards irrelevant information.

Did you deem it irrelevant because I exposed your ignorance of the subject?

You have steadfastly refused to answer questions. And now you want to make an issue of my refusing to continue to answer question after question after question. Wouldn't that be hypocrisy?

Can you debate without giving examples to support your position?

I saw not one example of actual training. If you would like to give the time stamp on the video concerning the point at which you saw training, I would be happy to reexamine it. Training is much more than "Here, shoot this."

Description from the uploader - please note the grammar is not mine:

Just an collection of clips i put together on how NOT to shoot an gun.

Gun safety is vital. People forget safety on the gun. They don't use ear protection and they get hit by the scope and stuff like that in the head. Break tooths out. Am i getting through to anyone?

These people fail so hard i have a loss for words! Guns did not hurt them. They hurt them self!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uqD8Ja6IZ0&feature=related

0:15 clearly taking instruction from man off-camera
2:29 looks like a corporate instructional video
3:56 man instructs child
6:31 man instructs woman

So you claim that your interpretation should prevail, yet you cannot state why? Is this another instance in which you answered without giving exmaples?

I see you backed off on your claim that some people are too stupid to have guns. Stupidity isn't mentioned in the Second Amendment, is it?

I didn't back off at all. Must I repeat everything in every post? lol

I can state why. Here are some examples of what I have said:

In the video at 00:11 The shooter is obviously untrained. The stock is badly out of position, the rear grip is wrong, and they are completely unprepared for recoil.

At 00:26 The shooter has his finger on the trigger before he is ready to fire. That is a violation of a VERY basic safety rule.

At 00:33 the shooter moves his head over behind the receiver. Not a smart move when shooting a 12 gauge with only a pistol grip. (this would fall under 'Too Stupid')

00:44 shows a kid shooting an adult rifle in a caliber that is obviously too big for him.

1:25 shows someone shooting a gun for which they are totally unprepared. The laughter shows it to be a joke.

2:04 shooting too much gun and not holding it properly

Description from the uploader - please note the grammar is not mine:

Just an collection of clips i put together on how NOT to shoot an gun.

Gun safety is vital. People forget safety on the gun. They don't use ear protection and they get hit by the scope and stuff like that in the head. Break tooths out. Am i getting through to anyone?

These people fail so hard i have a loss for words! Guns did not hurt them. They hurt them self!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uqD8Ja6IZ0&feature=related

0:15 clearly taking instruction from man off-camera
2:29 looks like a corporate instructional video
3:56 man instructs child
6:31 man instructs woman

I stand corrected, there is some training. Not anything I would begin to call adequate.

But considering STY's military background, what he would call "trained" is much different.

I didn't back off at all. Must I repeat everything in every post? lol I can state why. Here are some examples of what I have said: In the video at 00:11 The shooter is obviously untrained. The stock is badly out of position, the rear grip is wrong, and they are completely unprepared for recoil. At 00:26 The shooter has his finger on the trigger before he is ready to fire. That is a violation of a VERY basic safety rule. At 00:33 the shooter moves his head over behind the receiver. Not a smart move when shooting a 12 gauge with only a pistol grip. (this would fall under 'Too Stupid') 00:44 shows a kid shooting an adult rifle in a caliber that is obviously too big for him. 1:25 shows someone shooting a gun for which they are totally unprepared. The laughter shows it to be a joke. 2:04 shooting too much gun and not holding it properly

Fail. The shooter being trained is by definition untrained. That's why they're being trained. Non-examples are also excellent training.

If laughter shows something to be a joke, then survivalism is a joke, because I laugh when I watch survivalists justify their activities.

Would you advocate a policy of registration or certification to your standards before allowing people to own firearms? That is clearly unconstitutional.

I stand corrected, there is some training. Not anything I would begin to call adequate. But considering STY's military background, what he would call "trained" is much different.

I imagine the gunlovers of America are mightily impressed with your opinion. I saw a couple of uniformed military personnel in the video, too. Strange that you missed that.

What SmarterThanFew claims and what he can prove are vastly different.

How do you know he was in the military?

Fail. The shooter being trained is by definition untrained. That's why they're being trained. Non-examples are also excellent training.

If laughter shows something to be a joke, then survivalism is a joke, because I laugh when I watch survivalists justify their activities.

Would you advocate a policy of registration or certification to your standards before allowing people to own firearms? That is clearly unconstitutional.

And nothing in that video has any bearing on STY's statement. As much as you want it to be relevant, it is still nothing more than an amusing video.

And nothing in that video has any bearing on STY's statement. As much as you want it to be relevant, it is still nothing more than an amusing video.

Interesting that you find people being injured amusing.

I imagine the gunlovers of America are mightily impressed with your opinion. I saw a couple of uniformed military personnel in the video, too. Strange that you missed that.

What SmarterThanFew claims and what he can prove are vastly different.

How do you know he was in the military?

And how does one prove that theyhave been trained or that they were in the military without posting their actual name on an open forum?

Interesting that you find people being injured amusing.

I find it interesting that you continue to dance, dodge and try to find the slightest detail you can attack.

And yet, you refuse to answer questions, rely on Cut & Paste, and focus on items that are irrelevant to the topic.

I gave examples in a previous post. Can you debate without answering questions?

Apparently you think so.

Be specific? The preparations are nonspecific. I am preparing for any time that having supplies will help my family. Be it a lay-ff, storm damage, social collapse, sunspots, or whatever. The entire point of such preparations is that we cannot possibly know what will happen in the future.

Why would someone whose employer is happy with their work be concerned about a layoff?

It's not like you spend all day on internet message boards or anything.

you seem preoccupied with looking like a fucktard. i'm just trying to help you. what part of the constitution prevents me from helping you look like a fucktard?

The part that you swore to uphold, protect, and defend....or did you?

I find it interesting that you continue to dance, dodge and try to find the slightest detail you can attack. And yet, you refuse to answer questions, rely on Cut & Paste, and focus on items that are irrelevant to the topic.

Did you say the video was amusing? Does it show people being injured?

You're sick.

Back