Questions for survivalists

I explained why it was irrelevant. If STY made a claim about 5 people being trained with firearms, showing a collection of clips of people being stupid has no bearing. Why do you think it is relevant.

"If" he made a claim?

5 people in my home. all are adults and all know how to use guns.

So now that I've refreshed your memory again, the video depicts various gunlovers training each other in the use of guns. You'd have known that if you'd watched it, wouldn't you?

I could, but I answered the question. You danced and refused to show any corrolation to post after post about the medical definitions of "paranoia", but you want me to give specifics of my personal life?

Asking you about occasions in which having stored foods and supplies have been very beneficial is demanding specifics of your personal life?

Obviously I disagree with you. Now the urban areas will be more difficult, but it will still be possible. But most people who fit the term "survivalist" won't be in an urban area.

How do you know most people who fit the term "survivalist" won't be in an urban area?

"If" he made a claim?

So now that I've refreshed your memory again, the video depicts various gunlovers training each other in the use of guns. You'd have known that if you'd watched it, wouldn't you?

And the video showed people training? Really? I think you should have watched your own video. The basic rules of firearm safety were ignored in some. The other clips were of people who were obviously not trained and simply handed guns that were much to powerful for them. That was not training. It was practical jokes using firearms.

Please tell me what bearing that video has on the statement STY made? Does it refute his claim that there are 5 adults that have been trained with firearms? No. Does it show actual firearms training? No. So please elaborate on why you think make it relevant.

And the video showed people training? Really? I think you should have watched your own video. The basic rules of firearm safety were ignored in some. The other clips were of people who were obviously not trained and simply handed guns that were much to powerful for them. That was not training. It was practical jokes using firearms. Please tell me what bearing that video has on the statement STY made? Does it refute his claim that there are 5 adults that have been trained with firearms? No. Does it show actual firearms training? No. So please elaborate on why you think make it relevant.

It showed gunlovers helping novice or less experienced gunlovers to gain familiarirty with various weapons - just as I said.

Did I say it 'refuted' SmarterThanFew's claim? Link up.

Can you explain how one gunlover showing another how to fire a weapon is not "actual" firearms training?

Are you prepared to state that none of the interactions in the video was conducted by a certified instructor?

Can you state how the training conducted in the video differs from the training SmarterThanFew claims his 5 adults received?

Can you answer these questions, or do you think I'm demanding that you reveal personal information?

Asking you about occasions in which having stored foods and supplies have been very beneficial is demanding specifics of your personal life?

Here is a recap of our conversation with your posts in Bold.

“What are you preparing for? Be specific.”
“Be specific? The preparations are nonspecific. I am preparing for any time that having supplies will help my family. Be it a lay-off, storm damage, social collapse, sunspots, or whatever. The entire point of such preparations is that we cannot possibly know what will happen in the future.”
“And you regard this as prudent and rational?”
“Indeed I do. In fact, these preparations have proved invaluable in the past.”
“Really? How so?”
“There have been occasions in which having stored foods and supplies have been very beneficial.”

Now, you were originally asking if I thought this was prudent and rational. Next you wanted to know how my preparations have been beneficial. Now you want more specifics? I have answered the question well enough for the topic. But I am still waiting for you to show any corrolation between the definition or diagnosis of paranoia and the people posting here.

It showed gunlovers helping novice or less experienced gunlovers to gain familiarirty with various weapons - just as I said.

Did I say it 'refuted' SmarterThanFew's claim? Link up.

Can you explain how one gunlover showing another how to fire a weapon is not "actual" firearms training?

Are you prepared to state that none of the interactions in the video was conducted by a certified instructor?

Can you state how the training conducted in the video differs from the training SmarterThanFew claims his 5 adults received?

Can you answer these questions, or do you think I'm demanding that you reveal personal information?

I saw not one example of actual training. If you would like to give the time stamp on the video concerning the point at which you saw training, I would be happy to reexamine it.

Training is much more than "Here, shoot this."

I saw not one example of actual training. If you would like to give the time stamp on the video concerning the point at which you saw training, I would be happy to reexamine it. Training is much more than "Here, shoot this."

Is there a standard for "actual training"? Post a link.

Now, you were originally asking if I thought this was prudent and rational. Next you wanted to know how my preparations have been beneficial. Now you want more specifics? I have answered the question well enough for the topic. But I am still waiting for you to show any corrolation between the definition or diagnosis of paranoia and the people posting here.

So you are afraid to answer because you suspect that I am planning to harm you? Interesting.

So you are afraid to answer because you suspect that I am planning to harm you? Interesting.

Did I say that?

But your initial question was about whether it prudent or rational. That was answered.

When you asked "How so?", I answered that as well. So now isn't it time for you to answer my questions?

I am curious about how you came to the "...because you suspect that I am planning to harm you?" conclusion. Have I said anything that supports that conclusion or assumption?

Last edited:
The NRA is the civilian standard for firearms training. http://www.nratraining.net/

Were you unable to find anything in the video that would constitute "training"?

I saw quite a bit that fits the definition of training. In fact, the video is even describe by the uploader as a cautionary vehicle for proper firearms use. How'd you miss that? I wonder if you really watched it. After all, you are an admitted liar.

Training is a process in order to change a human being's attitude, knowledge, skills and behavior. The term training refers to the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies as a result of the teaching of vocational or practical skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Training

Are you saying that non-NRA training is not training?

SmarterThanFew has said that NRA stands for Negotiate Rights Away. Do you think his 5 adults were NRA trained?

BTW, where does someone say "here, shoot this" in the video?

I saw quite a bit that fits the definition of training. In fact, the video is even describe by the uploader as a cautionary vehicle for proper firearms use. How'd you miss that? I wonder if you really watched it. After all, you are an admitted liar.

Training is a process in order to change a human being's attitude, knowledge, skills and behavior. The term training refers to the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies as a result of the teaching of vocational or practical skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Training

Are you saying that non-NRA training is not training?

SmarterThanFew has said that NRA stands for Negotiate Rights Away. Do you think his 5 adults were NRA trained?

BTW, where does someone say "here, shoot this" in the video?

I knew what the video was about, including the obvious examples of someone being handed bigger guns than they were prepared to shoot.

I saw nothing that constituted training. I saw people shooting guns that were too big for them. I saw people using bad form and ignoring standard safety rules.

As for my "here, shoot this" comment, I never claimed anyone said that. But it was obvious that is exactly what happened.

I knew what the video was about, including the obvious examples of someone being handed bigger guns than they were prepared to shoot. I saw nothing that constituted training. I saw people shooting guns that were too big for them. I saw people using bad form and ignoring standard safety rules. As for my "here, shoot this" comment, I never claimed anyone said that. But it was obvious that is exactly what happened.

So you claim that your interpretation should prevail, yet you cannot state why? Is this another instance in which you answered without giving exmaples?

I see you backed off on your claim that some people are too stupid to have guns. Stupidity isn't mentioned in the Second Amendment, is it?

I saw not one example of actual training. If you would like to give the time stamp on the video concerning the point at which you saw training, I would be happy to reexamine it. Training is much more than "Here, shoot this."

Is that good debate technique?

I answered the question. You kept asking and I decided not to continue that line. It is much like the "what did the pilgrims and indians trade?". I answered your initial question and you simply kept pressing towards irrelevant information.

Back