Reality check on electric cars

nothing has a 45 mile range, this has been explained to you. The range of the RIVIAN will be just over 300 miles. Why are you so determined to be a moron and a liar?

What does that have to do with what I posted? If this RIVAN has just over 300 miles range, then it's useless to me too. I have properties in rural AZ that are 150 + miles from my house one-way and there is no power on them and no charging stations anywhere near them. That means I'd run out of juice on a round trip unless I stopped somewhere there was a charging station (and I'd say right now there are none) and wasted an hour or more to charge back up.

Fuel cells are the way to go using hydrogen or anhydrous ammonia. Battery cars are a dead end and have been since about 1908...

Edison-Electric-Car.jpg

The Edison electric had a brief surge of popularity then died off like the albatross it was.

it's not instant. if you saved some up, you're good.

it's markedly better.
How old are you, really? What kind of work, if any, do you do?

Gasoline pumps are electric pumps.

For someone who favors anarchy, Fredo, you sure as shit don't know shit about what it would be like.

at least you acknowledge the seige warfare declared by oligarchs on all human individuals.

You are free to believe you win a gold star for 2th Grade Debate.

How old are you, really? What kind of work, if any, do you do?

Gasoline pumps are electric pumps, idiot.

For someone who favors anarchy, Fredo, you sure as shit don't know shit about what it would be like.

You are free to believe you win a gold star for 2th Grade Debate.

gas cans in peoples homes are not on electric pumps.

and I don't favor anarchy. im not an anarchist.

gas cans in peoples homes are not on electric pumps.

and I don't favor anarchy. im not an anarchist.

Really, Fredo? How many gas cans do you think most people have? How many gallons total? How long do you think those individual supplies will last?

What are you then? Just an America hater?

Really, Fredo? How many gas cans do you think most people have? How many gallons total? How long do you think those individual supplies will last?

Regardless of all those answers, gas is better, from a seige warfare perspective.

How did you get to anti-american, retarded fuck-nugget?

Oh. Another little wrong fact in your rant. In 2019, the cost for a new Volt ranged from $23,000 to $28,000.
So, it costs about the same, costs less to run for short trips and takes the same amount of time to drive across country.

And the Volt can charge in about 2.3 hours with a 240 volt charger.

at a higher cost that a full size truck, holy shit

If it were a long-term 'survival' thing, you could just go to wood gas instead...

068-wood-fueled-truck-01.jpg

Low tech and your fuel supply is pretty much omnipresent.

I have a 2015 Volt. It has the highest customer ratings over and over for any GM car. I get huge mileage
. I get about 45 miles per charge, a little less in winter. I very rarely drive more than 50 miles in a day. The computer sometimes runs the car on the motor because the gas will get stale if it just sits in the tank. The computer shows I get way over 100 MPG.
Depending on what kind of charger you have, the car can charge in less than an hour.
My son has a Volt and a Bolt.
The Volt has 50 miles of electric and over 300 of gas.

I drove 1246 miles last week, man that volt would have been a blast . LMAO

If it were a long-term 'survival' thing, you could just go to wood gas instead...

068-wood-fueled-truck-01.jpg

Low tech and your fuel supply is pretty much omnipresent.

You guys keep thinking like city people. A horse, or even a burro, would be better. Jesus; it would run off the grass on your lawn.

Go back to basics, not reenact Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. My guess is that most "survivalists" don't know shit about horses.

FG3MAFVV6N5TOJ4YCTKXPT5DRU.jpg

Regardless of all those answers, gas is better, from a seige warfare perspective.

How did you get to anti-american, retarded fuck-nugget?

WTF are you babbling about now, son? Siege warfare? How much do you know about war? What the fucking idiots in a militia told you? Some of those idiots are going to prison.

Fredo, clearly I will always be a more pro-American and intelligent American citizen than you.

As for cars, the new ones are hybrids as discussed. In a survival situation, hook it up to a windmill, but in that case you'll probably cut it down to a tractor flatbed.

I always loved Lincolns and Cadillacs.
Not the modern pieces of the crap but the 19 foot highway battleships of my youth.
They were big, comfortable, highly inefficient, and air polluting.
By the time I could afford them, the era was ending.
Before I knew it, I was stuck with Jeep Grand Cherokees instead.

But the Germans invented the gasoline engine powered automobile in the mid 1880s.
We're presently finishing off 2021.
Is it really unreasonable to expect that the replacement should be coming along about now?

not lying.....every item on the list are deductions from income taxes that are available to every US corporation........

look for example at "Intangible drilling oil & gas deduction ($2.3 billion)"......all that really means is that if a company spends money looking for a new source of oil and it turns out to be dry, they get to deduct their expenses from income earned on other oil wells........that is nothing more than a deduction of business expenses from income........tell me any company that isn't allowed to do that......

the second, "Excess of percentage over cost depletion ($1.5 billion)" is a short cut accounting method that benefits both the IRS and the taxpayers........it is an averaging of the cost of extraction to reduce the need for record keeping on individual oil wells or coal mines.....
Percentage depletion is a capital cost recovery method that is allowed for nearly all natural resources except timber.

The IRS sets different depletion rates for different resources. Some of the rates are as follows:

Oil and gas, 15% percent
Sand, gravel, and crushed stone, 5%
Borax, granite, limestone, marble, mollusk shells, potash, slate, soapstone and carbon dioxide produced from a well, 14%
Sulfur and uranium, 23%
Gold, silver, copper, iron ore, and certain oil shale from U.S. deposits, 15%
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/percentage-depletion.asp

thanks for giving me another opportunity to show that what I said was true and that your are as dense as limestone......(and thus, your thoughts are eligible for the percentage depletion allowance)......

Back