Republicans absent from March on Washington

It's a free board and everyone can do what they want but I don't get why people respond to him. Sometimes he trolls as a liberal, sometimes he trolls as a conservative. He just likes to stir sh*t up. Why play into it?

Why?

Because every single day I have to put up with another clown trying to spread more RightWing lies and sometimes I am not in a position to correct the ill-informed puppet.

Here, I can take the time and respond to the same inane propaganda I hear out in the real world.

well darla I did say I was speculating and I didn't know all the details above. I am thinking out loud. This is D.C. though and it's certainly nothing that is so outside the box to be impossible. This type of stuff happens all the time. Don't you watch house of cards?

You do realize "House of Cards" is a FICTIONAL TV SHOW, right?

Just because you see something on the TV doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth.

I don't know, did they? and who are these people you are calling racist that did the inviting?

Oh stop acting "duh?"

I really blew a big hole in this liberal race card thread simply pointing out the number of blacks who weren't invited to the Democratic party political rally because Uncle Tom sellouts with Rs next to their names weren't welcome or invited there.

Now do all you furious liberals who kept claiming that the republicans didn't go because of their racist base finished with your meltdown yet?

Oh stop acting "duh?"

I really blew a big hole in this liberal race card thread simply pointing out the number of blacks who weren't invited to the Democratic party political rally because Uncle Tom sellouts with Rs next to their names weren't welcome or invited there.

Now do all you furious liberals who kept claiming that the republicans didn't go because of their racist base finished with your meltdown yet?

ROFLMAO!!! it's things like this - siwwy wabbit accusing others of melting down - that keep me from putting him on ignore. He is so funny in his stupidity!

Why?

Because every single day I have to put up with another clown trying to spread more RightWing lies and sometimes I am not in a position to correct the ill-informed puppet.

Here, I can take the time and respond to the same inane propaganda I hear out in the real world.

So was he a left-wing clown when he trolled as a liberal? Like I said man it's a free board. If talking to Legion makes you happy then more power to you.

Oh stop acting "duh?"

You are silly. Cant answer the question can you?

Really? Link.

The Senate’s only black lawmaker wasn’t invited to speak at Wednesday’s 50th anniversary March on Washington, because Tim Scott’s office declined an invitation to attend the ceremony as a spectator, according to a source connected to the event.

“Much of the speaking program was created based on those who were able to confirm availability to attend the event, and thus were able to speak at the event,” the source explained.

And based on an email exchange obtained by CQ Roll Call, the South Carolina Republican did receive an invitation to attend the festivities commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.’s delivery of the famous “I Have a Dream” speech.

The invitation, sent Aug. 8 from the Coalition for the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, appears to have been a form letter to all members of Congress, with invitees listed as “Representative” rather than by name.

Within a day, Rachel Shelbourne, a staff assistant to Scott, had replied to the email with the following message:

“Thank you for extending to Senator Tim Scott the invitation to the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington on August 28th. Unfortunately, the Senator will be in South Carolina during this time, so he will be unable to attend the event. Please do, however, keep him in mind for future events you may be hosting.”

http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/tim-scott-declined-invite-to-attend-march-as-spectator/

One link...as requested.

The Senate’s only black lawmaker wasn’t invited to speak at Wednesday’s 50th anniversary March on Washington, because Tim Scott’s office declined an invitation to attend the ceremony as a spectator, according to a source connected to the event.

“Much of the speaking program was created based on those who were able to confirm availability to attend the event, and thus were able to speak at the event,” the source explained.

And based on an email exchange obtained by CQ Roll Call, the South Carolina Republican did receive an invitation to attend the festivities commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.’s delivery of the famous “I Have a Dream” speech.

The invitation, sent Aug. 8 from the Coalition for the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, appears to have been a form letter to all members of Congress, with invitees listed as “Representative” rather than by name.

Within a day, Rachel Shelbourne, a staff assistant to Scott, had replied to the email with the following message:

“Thank you for extending to Senator Tim Scott the invitation to the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington on August 28th. Unfortunately, the Senator will be in South Carolina during this time, so he will be unable to attend the event. Please do, however, keep him in mind for future events you may be hosting.”

http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/tim-scott-declined-invite-to-attend-march-as-spectator/

One link...as requested.

ROTFLMAO, typical Republican, all bluster no facts.

Washington (CNN) - Organizers of Wednesday's 50th anniversary March on Washington did not invite the nation's only African-American senator to speak at the civil rights commemoration, his office said, a sign of the complicated politics of racial equality.

Republican Tim Scott of South Carolina was appointed to the position in January, is currently the only black senator and is one of only eight African-Americans to ever serve in the U.S. Senate.

"Senator Scott was not invited to speak at the event," his press secretary, Greg Blair, told CNN in a statement about the 50th anniversary gathering in Washington. Blair would not say if Scott would have accepted an invitation to speak, nor if he was disappointed at the lack of an invite.

"Today's anniversary should simply serve as an opportunity to reflect upon how their actions moved our country forward in a remarkable way," Blair demurred.

March organizers responded that they invited every member of Congress to attend the event, but anniversary spokesman Sarah Coppersmith told CNN she did not know whether Scott was invited to give remarks.

President Barack Obama was the prime speaker at the Lincoln Memorial event Wednesday, heading up a list that skewed Democratic, including Reps. Donna Edwards, D-Maryland, and Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio, former Democratic presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and the leaders of two major unions.

Some others at the podium, including Oprah Winfrey and actor Jamie Foxx, came from outside of politics.

He wasn't invited to SPEAK because he'd been previously invited to attend and he TURNED THEM DOWN.

One cannot expect to be asked to speak at an event one will not be attending...its seems pretty clear to me.

He wasn't invited to SPEAK because he'd been previously invited to attend and he TURNED THEM DOWN.

One cannot expect to be asked to speak at an event one will not be attending...its seems pretty clear to me.

This guy is what I would call a "low information voter."

399x60023.jpg

Senator Scott was not invited to speak at the event,” Greg Blair, a spokesman for the South Carolina lawmaker, said. “The senator believes today is a day to remember the extraordinary accomplishments and sacrifices of Dr. King, Congressman John Lewis, and an entire generation of black leaders. Today’s anniversary should simply serve as an opportunity to reflect upon how their actions moved our country forward in a remarkable way.”

Wouldn't it have made sense to have the first black president joined by the first black senator from South Carolina, which was a Jim Crow state when the original march on Washington took place?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-tim-scott-wasnt-invited-to-event-commemorating-mlk-march-on-washington/article/2534830

Again...he wasn't invited to speak because he had previously turned down an invitation to attend.

The Senate’s only black lawmaker wasn’t invited to speak at Wednesday’s 50th anniversary March on Washington, because Tim Scott’s office declined an invitation to attend the ceremony as a spectator, according to a source connected to the event. n to attend the festivities commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.’s delivery of the famous “I Have a Dream” speech. One link...as requested.

From a "source connected to the event"?

250px-Al_Sharpton_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Back