Republicans absent from March on Washington

You've known me for many years. You know that I have always spoken to getting past identity politics .. but the murder of Trayvon Martin and the celebration of it was my last days of appealing to those who hate us.

It's war they want, now it's what I want as well.

you've gone off the deep end.....

who knows....maybe after another decade of no jobs and lousy schools that will change......
so that is the GOP's strategy? Play the long game? Do nothing to improve schools or the employment situation and then hope that minorities will gradually come over to your side? That's great.

You've known me for many years. You know that I have always spoken to getting past identity politics .. but the murder of Trayvon Martin and the celebration of it was my last days of appealing to those who hate us.

It's war they want, now it's what I want as well.
we all fight our own wars, I haven't the stomach for it, not any more.

I did during Vietnam, I've committed to a non-partisan p.o.v. / otherwise I simply go insane with the "gotcha politics"

Much respect for you as always - i know you lead the principled life

Is that why Senator Scott wasn't invited to speak? The Democrats were afraid their hate-filled, racist base would punish them at the polls?

One more time for idiot trolls...

Senator Scott wasn't invited to SPEAK because he'd previously DECLINED TO ATTEND THE EVENT.

I don't think they realize that many many people turned out that were NEVER invited by anyone.

why did the Rs need a special invitation in their minds?

Because they don't feel like they belong with black people and need to be invited

we all fight our own wars, I haven't the stomach for it, not any more.

I did during Vietnam, I've committed to a non-partisan p.o.v. / otherwise I simply go insane with the "gotcha politics"

Much respect for you as always - i know you lead the principled life

I'm still in the firing line and at war. I don't have the option to opt-out, nor would I want to simply watch from the sidelines.

This war is not of our choosing, but neither will we run from it.

so that is the GOP's strategy? Play the long game? Do nothing to improve schools or the employment situation and then hope that minorities will gradually come over to your side? That's great.

???.....the Dems have been in charge for five years.....who is it that is doing nothing?......

One more time for idiot trolls...

Senator Scott wasn't invited to SPEAK because he'd previously DECLINED TO ATTEND THE EVENT.

bullshit repeated is still bullshit....they had no intention of asking him to talk when they sent his "invitation" in a bulk email to all Congressmen....

bullshit repeated is still bullshit....they had no intention of asking him to talk when they sent his "invitation" in a bulk email to all Congressmen....

Who cares? What could R's say at that event with a straight face when they believe and all their actions are attempts to turn back the clock on race relations?

Thanks for at least admitting that all members of Congress were invited. As far as your claim that the intention wasn't there to invite any of them to speak, you have no proof.

Back