Republicans running scared, Iraq War closer to its end.

Lmao...

Who the fuck gets proud over melanin pigment in one's skin?

I've got no problem of people being proud of their irish, italian, german, african, or japanese background. It's way cool to be proud of your heritage.

Being proud of a skin pigment doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

BUSTED!...Tell that to 'Blackascoal' never mind he claims to be 'Chocolate!:FootMouth:

Who the fuck gets proud over melanin pigment in one's skin?

I've got no problem of people being proud of their irish, italian, german, african, or japanese background. It's way cool to be proud of your heritage.

Being proud of a skin pigment doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

How about pride in european achievements in general, clothes, houses, machines, refinement, an actual real god instead of animistic gnomes, sprites, and entities, etc.

How about pride in european achievements in general, clothes, houses, machines, refinement, an actual real god instead of animistic gnomes, sprites, and entities, etc.

Be proud of yourself and your own accomplishments, and if you have none, then don't go thinking that because a white man wrote In Search Of Lost Time, you are somehow responsible for it.

This attitude befuddles me, but it's been around for a long time. I think it's a male thing. Simone de Beauvoir wrote of it in The Second Sex, remarking that since there was a Proust, all men, seem to believe he reflects on them.

African-Americanascoal was already taken. :)

Besides, it didn't have the same ring to it.

And who cares if ones screenname is white as snow? That makes a lot more sense than AssHatZombie.

For those who wonder, African-Americans/blacks have had a different and unique experience in America. My screenname merely acknowledges that experience. When I was growing up in the 60's, we were almost ashamed of our blackness. It says that my perspective is not just black, it's black as coal.

I see no reason why that should be offensive to anyone.

African-Americanascoal was already taken.

And who cares if ones screenname is white as snow? That makes a lot more sense than AssHatZombie.

For those who wonder, African-Americans/blacks have had a different and unique experience in America. My screenname merely acknowledges that experience. When I was growing up in the 60's, we were almost ashamed of our blackness. It says that my perspective is not just black, it's black as coal.

It is not, at all. I just don't understand how you can think that it makes more sense than AssHatZombie? ;)

Be proud of yourself and your own accomplishments, and if you have none, then don't go thinking that because a white man wrote In Search Of Lost Time, you are somehow responsible for it.

This attitude befuddles me, but it's been around for a long time. I think it's a male thing. Simone de Beauvoir wrote of it in The Second Sex, remarking that since there was a Proust, all men, seem to believe he reflects on them.

Is black pride ok? is it wrong for blackascoal to be proud of being black?

"Claim to know this...nor do I know for a fact that he or she is actually what he or she claims they are...take notes: What actual 'African American' would take on a personna of "Blackascoal" for a screen name...after all 'They' did away with the "Black is beautiful" and went with 'African American" "Black" is so very old hat...this is what led me to believe he is a fraud!...end of story!"

Are you too drunk to realize that you just contradicted yourself?

It did not offend me...

African-Americanascoal was already taken. :)

until you started challenging my background...fair is fair NO?

Is black pride ok? is it wrong for blackascoal to be proud of being black?

I am so sick of your stupid questions.

Were white people ever told to be ashamed of their skin color, or afforded second and third class status in society because of it?

Figure it out, dummy.

As he himself mentions, it does not necessarily mean that he is proud of his pigmentation... it is more descriptive of his perception on life. That said, even if he was proud of "being black"... there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. That said, I would agree with Cypress that being proud of heritage makes more sense.

No...not drunk..nor..

"Claim to know this...nor do I know for a fact that he or she is actually what he or she claims they are...take notes: What actual 'African American' would take on a personna of "Blackascoal" for a screen name...after all 'They' did away with the "Black is beautiful" and went with 'African American" "Black" is so very old hat...this is what led me to believe he is a fraud!...end of story!"

Are you too drunk to realize that you just contradicted yourself?

Do I use drugs...you seem to though...hey next time ya are out for a beer or two with damo...ask him if I am for real or not...he knows my history from another board...a certain person got really nasty with me and challeged my background...he lost big time...enough said!

"Were white people ever told to be ashamed of their skin color, or afforded second and third class status in society because of it? "

yes... just not in this country.

The answer is YES...

Were white people ever told to be ashamed of their skin color, or afforded second and third class status in society because of it?

Figure it out, dummy.

a little walk in history of the US try the Irish and Italians...not that long ago!

until you started challenging my background...fair is fair NO?

Until you called Darla a "bitch" I had nothing at all to say to you.

I usually stick to the topics and don't engage in verbal jousting, but I can.

I suggest that you jump off me and we can all peacefully get back to the issues with no hard feelings.

"Do I use drugs...you seem to though...hey next time ya are out for a beer or two with damo...ask him if I am for real or not...he knows my history from another board...a certain person got really nasty with me and challeged my background...he lost big time...enough said!"

Tool.... I am not questioning your background. I am questioning your current sobriety and sanity. Are you too drunk/stoned to be able to distinguish between the two?

Figure it out, dummy.

Yes. We're encouraged to be ashamed of ourselves as a people, and to accept racial discrimination against ourselves and our children to "make up" for our awfulness.

"a little walk in history of the US try the Irish and Italians...not that long ago!"

Um... it was because of their HERITAGE (country of origin)... not because of the color of their skin. Or are you saying that white people discriminated against white people for being white?

Back