Slaving for 28.8 hours ?

on a side note, its amazing how selfish and petty Americans can be... everything is about how we are the best this or best that... Like IHG says w/ his post about dominating markets... or how we live in the best country in the world, who cares, and it makes us look snobbish and shows a lack of respect for other countries...

no actually your lower middle class, b/c thats what i am. chap told me... so in Europe id move up to middle class right away... that would mean better lifestyle...

I remember when he said that and I believe that such a delineation is completely arbitrary. Being middle class is about how you life.

Rob you are a college educated white collar professional who makes over 50K per year. You do not have a family to support beyond your mother and you do not have any significant liabilities.

You are middle class.

mine is

"if you wanna play, you gotta pay"

thats what i tell myself when i come into work hungover sometimes or being out partying all night.

Very true.

on a side note, its amazing how selfish and petty Americans can be... everything is about how we are the best this or best that... Like IHG says w/ his post about dominating markets... or how we live in the best country in the world, who cares, and it makes us look snobbish and shows a lack of respect for other countries...

I didn't say we are the best. I said US and Eastern Asian markets dominate compared to western Europe. That isn't saying we are the best. Every country has fine points. I will say though that the typical American will find the best home in the US just as the typical Italian will be most at home in Italy.

Nothing snobbish in that.

I serious Rob take a look at the BLS tables for you age group. Comparing yourself to a 50 something (traditional upper middle) who's had 30 years to get there is self defeating.
I bet you are kicking the dog shit outta your pear group. You certainly are education wise, and job wise.

on a side note, its amazing how selfish and petty Americans can be

Rob many people would consider paying 150 dollars for sunglasses to be selfish and petty. Careful of how you throw those stones.

there's nothing degrading about keeping the best of america, but learning from others in areas where they have had success.

There is great opportunity to make wealth in this country. Just don't expect to become rich within five years of Graduating college and you'll be fine. Good things come to those who wait. I'm sure when topspin was your age Rob he didn't have a million dollars to his name.

a lot of it is jealousy
Cypress is right we should learn from others. I'm sure in many cases we do. Let get that medical care thing learned up quick. LOL

Rob read what I said more carefully. I'm not saying that domination the worlds financial markets indicates a greater moral or intellectual character for our nation.

Would it be snotty if Brazil said their nation dominated in Soccer?

a lot of it is jealousy
Cypress is right we should learn from others. I'm sure in many cases we do. Let get that medical care thing learned up quick. LOL

Things I'd like to learn from the Dutch:

How to legalize pot
How to have a viable universal health care system
How do they keep their abortion rates so much lower than us - even though they are "pro-choice
How do they keep their poverty rate so low?

and how the fuck do they build such awesome levees? We need some of those in N.Orleans.

America has always been built from borrowing from other countries. Most of our practices aren't indigenous. This will continue. The US is a nation of the world's peoples and cultures.

Too much of americans self esteem depends on net worth and posessions. the real worth of a person seems to get lost.

Yep, europe is doing well off our longf hours of work, so is China and India :)
A german company just bought uthe public water suppoy and distribution network in Lexington , KY. And have done so in many other parts of the country. We support the broader middle calss in european countries....

Back