states where the most people go hungry

Also, too, not factoring the time costs associated with preparing healthy foods is asinine.

Elaborate... how much time does it take to do so vs. running into a fast food place... lets use a single working mom on the way home from a double shift as Darla mentioned earlier.

Don't think the protein source matters all that much - but agree with therest of this
Food is expensive - decent food, and then having to prepare it too.

Prices flucuate, to be able to go to different stores take time and money too. None of this is easy, then this is assuming the people actually want healthy foodstuff.
It's a fulltime thought on how to aquire decent food and eat healthy - if you have chidren even moreo.

Wonder why our country has an obesity problem? Just look around at the cheaper foods, they are usully higher in calorie, or lower in nutrition, or both.

Again, that is pure nonsense.

Again, that is pure nonsense.
in regards to rice/beans - I agree.

In regards to whole grain bread vs. enriched crap -yes. In regard to cheaper cuts of meat -yes.
I only drink organic milk - im not going to drink a bovine excretion that has been treated with growth hormones.
It's a mixed bag. No one statement fits all

in regards to rice/beans - I agree.

In regards to whole grain bread vs. enriched crap -yes. In regard to cheaper cuts of meat -yes.
I only drink organic milk - im not going to drink a bovine excretion that has been treated with growth hormones.
It's a mixed bag. No one statement fits all

Eggs, Chicken, oatmeal, lettuce, grapes, bananas, etc... take a look at the article I posted... there are numerous foods that are not only good for you, but also cheap. That doesn't mean that everything you want to eat will be cheap and good for you. It means that a person of any means can eat healthy if they choose.

Elaborate... how much time does it take to do so vs. running into a fast food place... lets use a single working mom on the way home from a double shift as Darla mentioned earlier.

How much time does it take to cook a meal, serve it, and then clean up and do the dishes and put them away? A fuck of a lot longer than it takes to run into SUbway that's how long.

Pot... kettle

Lonely and bitter that is moi! I only hope that some day, somewhere, some man will take an interest in me. Maybe if I stop eating those 99 cent cheeseburgers you've pointed out I'm so fond of, I will smell better and be thinner, and then one of them might take a second look at me...well, where there is life there is hope. Thanks Doctor.

In Grind's defense it wasn't that long ago he was rushed to the hospital because his intestines literally exploded in revolt against his carb only diet.

So to him eating a box of pasta a day and nothing else is perfectly sensible.

man that was a bad bad year.

bad memories.

the doctors said they had never seen something so bad (or heard about something so bad) in the history of their profession. Especially for someone my age. I was a total freak case.

man that was a bad bad year.

bad memories.

the doctors said they had never seen something so bad (or heard about something so bad) in the history of their profession. Especially for someone my age. I was a total freak case.

I remember. I bet some here thought I was joking.

Eggs, Chicken, oatmeal, lettuce, grapes, bananas, etc... take a look at the article I posted... there are numerous foods that are not only good for you, but also cheap. That doesn't mean that everything you want to eat will be cheap and good for you. It means that a person of any means can eat healthy if they choose.
Thanks,I have a very good diet, I just have to watch the junk food (sweet tooth).
can easily pick up weight. I work out EVERY DAY - to keep it off. And for cardio/strength.

30 minutes on the stationary bike today, at a decent clip / upper body workout with a machine, I try to swim at least 3 times a week.
Treadmill for cardio, etc. I do this just about every day now, as i get closer to 60. I walk around sore. lol

No smoking/drinking/drugs/crap -

How much time does it take to cook a meal, serve it, and then clean up and do the dishes and put them away? A fuck of a lot longer than it takes to run into SUbway that's how long.

really, if the person is working two jobs and barely making ends meet, they are probably on public transportation... waiting for the next bus takes time.

and no... it doesn't take much time to cook it. You pretend that the single parent is the only one that can do anything. Again you are no longer arguing about affordability, but instead convenience.

Lonely and bitter that is moi! I only hope that some day, somewhere, some man will take an interest in me. Maybe if I stop eating those 99 cent cheeseburgers you've pointed out I'm so fond of, I will smell better and be thinner, and then one of them might take a second look at me...well, where there is life there is hope. Thanks Doctor.

doubt that will help... but you keep on dreamin!

Thanks,I have a very good diet, I just have to watch the junk food (sweet tooth).
can easily pick up weight. I work out EVERY DAY - to keep it off. And for cardio/strength.

30 minutes on the stationary bike today, at a decent clip / upper body workout with a machine, I try to swim at least 3 times a week.
Treadmill for cardio, etc. I do this just about every day now, as i get closer to 60. I walk around sore. lol

No smoking/drinking/drugs/crap -

wasn't questioning your diet, just your assertion that a healthy diet couldn't also be inexpensive.

really, if the person is working two jobs and barely making ends meet, they are probably on public transportation... waiting for the next bus takes time.

and no... it doesn't take much time to cook it. You pretend that the single parent is the only one that can do anything. Again you are no longer arguing about affordability, but instead convenience.

Leave it to you to call being exhausted from actually working "convenience".

You may not be comparing them to fast food, but others were, which is why I provided the article to begin with. I never said it was as 'easy' as running into McDonalds, but time wise you can eat healthy and not spend much more time than going into a fast food place.

As for the protein, there are a wide range of sources. You are using the American mentality to pinpoint meat as a 'better' place to get the protein. Chicken breasts (as you showed) are cheap and have protein. Eggs are cheap. Beans are a great source of protein.

You point to food that is not necessarily good for you as things the 'poor' would have to buy. That again is false.

I'm not saying the poor would "have" to buy those things, just that those things are cheap when you have mouths to feed and little money. I think this article sums it up nicely.
[h=1]5 Reasons Poor People Don’t Eat Healthy[/h]

wasn't questioning your diet, just your assertion that a healthy diet couldn't also be inexpensive.
not if you work at it.
very easy not to do so though, and just not take the time or energy. or money to travel around to different stores, or stock up on sales....

Staying alive AND well, if it was so easy, why is our society grossly not so? (rhetorical - you can answer or not)

Back