The Darla Theme Song

Was up last nite trying to make some thunder
How long would it take I sat and wondered
Started readin a magazine from 1962
Yeah waiting for the bowellmove

Cause I'm all bound up with cheese thats turned to glue
Praying for a bowellmove

think bob Seeger...

He linked to the thread where you said you were 'fat'.

Damo sometimes I wonder at just how thick you are.

I am fat. I wasn't questioning that I had said it.

What I was questioning was his use of the word "admitted".

Prak, you better drag out those class action lawsuit posts you used to make to cawacko about reading comprehension.

Fat is such a subjective word.

Everything about looks is. People have always said to me on the net, oh I bet you're really hot, and I bet you look like this or you look like that. Based on what? Based on what they want me to look like. This is for all women, it's universal. Do our words mean less if we're "ugly"? If we don't fit into a size 5? It's so stupid. So I'd rather, in cyberspace, if someone is going to want to read my posts, that they want to read them because of what I'm writing.

I once sent my picture to a few people on a message board. (I lived to regret that and will never do it again, but that's another story). But later, I decided to meet in person someone from there. And they weree one I didn't give a picture to first. Neither one of us were largely concerned with that aspect.

It wasn't a mistake. We got to know each other, without all that bs, first. People are way too wrapped up in looks. Meanwhile, one year later a person can fall apart. I've seen it happen, especially after a health incident. There better be awhole lot of other stuf there.

For the purposes of discourse in a realm dominated by men it is wise of you to conceal your appearance.

Men can just be man when we debate but if you are attractive woman to another they will go easy on you perhaps where they would be harder on a guy. If you aren't attractive to them they may use that fact in ad hominem later. I'm sure you wouldn't want either.

I think its only natural to be somewhat curious about the physicality of those we communicate with through text on a screen but it can be counter productive.

Sometimes its best to just be seen as a brain in a box.

For the purposes of discourse in a realm dominated by men it is wise of you to conceal your appearance.

Men can just be man when we debate but if you are attractive woman to another they will go easy on you perhaps where they would be harder on a guy. If you aren't attractive to them they may use that fact in ad hominem later. I'm sure you wouldn't want either.

I think its only natural to be somewhat curious about the physicality of those we communicate with through text on a screen but it can be counter productive.

Sometimes its best to just be seen as a brain in a box.

LOl, yeah like Sargon.

Prak, you better drag out those class action lawsuit posts you used to make to cawacko about reading comprehension.
Sometimes I wonder how thick you are too, Darla. We seem to speak the same language and others understand me, but you so often miss the point of my posts... especially when I am being sardonic.

:rolleyes: I guess I'll have to give clues with smilies from now on....

Reposting this because Darla lied to cawacko and said I had no idea what she looked like, she has said more than once that she is fat.

Back