The media wants Biden out so that.....

and they wanted Obama just because he was black
No, that may have had a little to do with it, but it was not the only or even the main reason.

Yes, it was time for one of the parties to nominate a black candidate, but only as long as he was qualified.

And Obama was.

He was not just any old random black guy chosen just because he was black.

Obama was an excellent choice, and he became a great President who kept a steady hand on the wheel.

To say it was only because he was black, bespeaks your true partisan ignorance.

Actually she is much worse than a nobody. An unlikeable cackling old Ho to be exact. Bwaaaaa ha ha ha,....Rotsa ruck... :laugh:
Doubtful it would be her. An open convention, something the country hasn't seen in years, would galvanize the party and dominate the news.
Who knows, she might emerge from it as the nominee.

Meanwhile, Biden still has time to recover. But he won't do it being cautious.

Doubtful it would be her. An open convention, something the country hasn't seen in years, would galvanize the party and dominate the news.
Who knows, she might emerge from it as the nominee.

Meanwhile, Biden still has time to recover. But he won't do it being cautious.
So you are taking the CHOICE away from the actual voters?

Are you fucking insane?

I'm a member and past treasurer of my local Democratic Town Committee. If you had brains you would recognize that Biden's present difficulties with large numbers of his party were brought on only by Joe Biden himself. He can put them to rest but he has to do it. That none of this has
caused you concern shouldn't keep you from recognizing the trouble, including Biden's trouble with senior Democrats who have been smart enough to recognize that if the Biden we all saw in the debate is going to be the Biden voters see from now to Nov. 3 you will get Trump for a president.
I think you and Fume are both exaggerating your argument.

Biden is neither a guaranteed win, nor a guaranteed failure at this point.

People are still digesting Biden's condition right now and depending on how he performs publicly over the next month or so may determine how they'll make up their minds.

One thing that's fairly certain... as long as Biden is walking and talking under his own power and making sense in what he says, people who've been backing him previously, are not going to suddenly support Trump.

Those people know what Trump is and they don't want anymore of it.

On the other hand, if Biden did drop out, Harris would have a good shot at beating Trump.

Why?

Because she's not seen as a dangerous, unstable lunatic or a sleazy criminal shyster.

Trump has ten tons of baggage.

What choice?

The voters' choice comes when the party gives them a nominee, so for now it's the party's choice.
Have you ever heard of this thing called a primary vote?

We just had one

Guess who got the most Americans votes?

You are buying into the silly season panic

We need voters to chose

Do you understand WHY?

Do I need to explain it further to you?

It’s very fucking simple

Do you grok?

People are still digesting Biden's condition right now and depending on how he performs publicly over the next month or so may determine how they'll make up their minds.

One thing that's fairly certain... as long as Biden is walking and talking under his own power and making sense in what he says, people who've been backing him previously, are not going to suddenly support Trump.

On the other hand, if Biden did drop out, Harris would have a good shot at beating Trump.

Why?

Because she's not seen as a dangerous, unstable lunatic or a sleazy criminal shyster.

I agree she would be a good choice. There are others could defeat Trump, too. If Biden drops out the choice should be strictly on the basis of who would be the strongest candidate against him, not who has paid his or her dues.

Why?

I've made one argument: Biden hurt himself. Only he can fix it. So far he hasn't.

Own this

You need the VOTERS to win an election

You want to tell them to fuck off and just obey the delegates

Your acting like idiots
Don't waste your time on me, evince. Talk to these people, as reported in the Times a short time ago:

"At least four senior House Democrats told colleagues privately on Sunday that it was time for President Biden to end his campaign, during a meeting to discuss the future of his candidacy after a disastrous debate performance, according to three people briefed on the session.

Representatives Jerrold Nadler of New York, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee; Adam Smith of Washington, the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee; Mark Takano of California, the ranking member of the Veterans Affairs panel; and Joseph D. Morelle of New York, the top Democrat on the Administration Committee, all said Mr. Biden should withdraw, according to the people, who insisted on anonymity to discuss a confidential virtual meeting on a sensitive topic. The discussion, which was still in progress on Sunday afternoon, was organized by Representative Hakeem Jeffries of New York, the minority leader."

I agree she would be a good choice. There are others could defeat Trump, too. If Biden drops out the choice should be strictly on the basis of who would be the strongest candidate against him, not who has paid his or her dues.
I don't know of any Democrat Governors or Senators specifically who, under normal conditions in a normal Presidential race, could win against some other non-Trump Republican, but given that we're talking about Trump and all the baggage he's dragging behind him, I suppose there could be a few who'd have a decent shot at it, even though they normally wouldn't.

I don't know who they are, but I'm assuming they're pretty far to the progressive left, which is something I think would take away a little bit from their chances.

OTOH, there's a strong ant-Trump current in the country despite what we're being told the polls say, which ought to motivate a large turnout.

That's why I think it's too soon to be calling for Biden to throw in the towel.

Don't waste your time on me, evince. Talk to these people, as reported in the Times a short time ago:

"At least four senior House Democrats told colleagues privately on Sunday that it was time for President Biden to end his campaign, during a meeting to discuss the future of his candidacy after a disastrous debate performance, according to three people briefed on the session.

Representatives Jerrold Nadler of New York, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee; Adam Smith of Washington, the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee; Mark Takano of California, the ranking member of the Veterans Affairs panel; and Joseph D. Morelle of New York, the top Democrat on the Administration Committee, all said Mr. Biden should withdraw, according to the people, who insisted on anonymity to discuss a confidential virtual meeting on a sensitive topic. The discussion, which was still in progress on Sunday afternoon, was organized by Representative Hakeem Jeffries of New York, the minority leader."

So just because a handful of Democrats, most of whom few people have heard of are freaking out, that means the rest of us should too?

I wonder what these people's real motivation is?

Back