The Official Debate Championship Shit Talking Thread!

I don't think so. Bender would bribe the judges, bang Grinds ugly sister or have you assasinated to get to the gun control topic in the semi finals. He wants that one so bad he can taste it.
Of course I would. And knowing Grind, he would place me arguing FOR gun control (the other judges wouldn't care). Of course knowing this, and with the way the question is formed, I have already figured out not one, but TWO bullet proof arguments for gun control (within the scope of the debate topic of course). And if the judges were to give me against gun control, I could post it in my sleep.

I don't have the article anymore; but it was about a cat that lived in a nursing home or a hospice.

It seems he could sense when someone was close to dying and he would lay next to them, during their final hours.
The cat was so accurate that it caused a doctor to rethink his diagnosis of a patient.
He thought everything was OK; but after seeing the cat refusing to leave the patients bed, he ran some more tests and actually discovered a severe life threatening problem.

I used to have a cat that would wake me up, if I overslept, by softly touching my face with her paw.

People don't like cats; because they act to much like humans.
They can be aloof and they're not usually subserviant.

You smack a dog and it will forgive you.
You smack a cat and you better watch your back. :cof1:

We have had two dogs that can tell when my wife is about to have a migraine.

Cats are not even close to the companions that dogs are. Cats occupy the same house, while dogs share your home. Dogs will protect their families and face death for those they love. It is not uncommon for a dog to grieve itself to death when an owner dies.

Cats? Yeah, I guess its better than a goldfish.

And the thing about shedding, I had rather vacuum dog hair up than watch another cat hack up a furball.

We have had two dogs that can tell when my wife is about to have a migraine.

Cats are not even close to the companions that dogs are. Cats occupy the same house, while dogs share your home. Dogs will protect their families and face death for those they love. It is not uncommon for a dog to grieve itself to death when an owner dies.

Cats? Yeah, I guess its better than a goldfish.

And the thing about shedding, I had rather vacuum dog hair up than watch another cat hack up a furball.

Maybe it's just the cat's that you've been around.

Maybe it's just the cat's that you've been around.

I've been around a good many cats. The only one I ever really liked was a bobcat I adopted years ago. Got it from a guy in Louisianna who was mistreating it. It had been declawed so it couldn't be released into the wild.

Now he was a cool animal. Not much of a snuggly pet though.

where is the list of future round topics?
These though I have heard from the Judges that they may change the topic for debate #12 to one about the use of torture. Any suggestions for changing topics should be submitted to the Judges and not me. Once the first round is complete the topics for the second round (quarter finals) will be frozen.

Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople
Quarter Final Topics will be (The Judges will decide who takes which side of a topic.);

Debate #9. Winner of Debate #1 and #3.
Topic - Should certain books be banned from public libraries?

Debate #10. Winner of debate #2 and #4.
Topic - Should we still have an Embargo on Cuba?

Debate #11. Winner of Debate # 5 and #7.
Topic - Is atheism a religion?

Debate #12. Winner of Debate # 6 and #8.
Which is the superior economic system, Keynesian or Supply Side?

Topics for the Semi-finals will be (again Judges choose who defends which side of a topic).

Debate #13. Winners of Debate #9 and #11.
Topic - Should the federal government fund embryonic stem cell research?

Debate #14. Winners of Debate #10 and #12.
Topic - Is gun control the answer to crimes involving guns?

And the Topic for the Championship (Debate #15) will be........

Should Americans be required to pay for Health Care Insurance?

I've been around a good many cats. The only one I ever really liked was a bobcat I adopted years ago. Got it from a guy in Louisianna who was mistreating it. It had been declawed so it couldn't be released into the wild.

Now he was a cool animal. Not much of a snuggly pet though.

Probably because it wasn't held much, when it was little.
That and the mistreatment.

That would really scare the crap out of the neighborhood dogs.

LOL

These though I have heard from the Judges that they may change the topic for debate #12 to one about the use of torture. Any suggestions for changing topics should be submitted to the Judges and not me. Once the first round is complete the topics for the second round (quarter finals) will be frozen.

Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople
Quarter Final Topics will be (The Judges will decide who takes which side of a topic.);

Debate #9. Winner of Debate #1 and #3.
Topic - Should certain books be banned from public libraries?

Debate #10. Winner of debate #2 and #4.
Topic - Should we still have an Embargo on Cuba?

Debate #11. Winner of Debate # 5 and #7.
Topic - Is atheism a religion?

Debate #12. Winner of Debate # 6 and #8.
Which is the superior economic system, Keynesian or Supply Side?

Topics for the Semi-finals will be (again Judges choose who defends which side of a topic).

Debate #13. Winners of Debate #9 and #11.
Topic - Should the federal government fund embryonic stem cell research?

Debate #14. Winners of Debate #10 and #12.
Topic - Is gun control the answer to crimes involving guns?

And the Topic for the Championship (Debate #15) will be........

Should Americans be required to pay for Health Care Insurance?

They asked you to compile the debates and the topics, so I think they should respect what you've done and leave things the way they are.

Probably because it wasn't held much, when it was little.
That and the mistreatment.

That would really scare the crap out of the neighborhood dogs.

LOL

The noises he could make would send chills up your spine.

The only time I ever saw him back down was when he jumped onto the cage of a blue & gold Macaw and reached in for the bird. The bird didn't appreciate that and charged him. He wisely retreated. I think he retreated for 2 days behind the dryer.

um... yeah... I knew where the current rounds topics were... Mott was referencing future round topics... but thanks for trying. It is appreciated.
Your next debate will be against Nigel on should we still have an embargo on Cuba. The judges will decide which side of this topic you two will debate.

I will be debating Winter on should certain books be banned from public libraries.

They asked you to compile the debates and the topics, so I think they should respect what you've done and leave things the way they are.
I tend to agree, though they asked me if they would mind if they changed topic # 12 since debates on economics are...well...boring. I think if they change a topic now they might be opening a can of worms they wish they hadn't. That is up to the judges to decide though.

I tend to agree, though they asked me if they would mind if they changed topic # 12 since debates on economics are...well...boring. I think if they change a topic now they might be opening a can of worms they wish they hadn't. That is up to the judges to decide though.

Exactly my point.

I wouldn't mind changing #12 either. Just thinking about it is boring the shit out of me.

I can't believe all the bitching and moaning that is happening, over the debate topics.

Mott was practically begged to take control of this and he agreed to do it.
I don't always agree with Mott; but this is getting asinine.

I guess the next debate should just be everyone choose the topic they want and then hope that they can find someone to be part of it.

All this whining is totally unbecoming.

If you think you're a good debater, then you should be able to gather information and present what ever side you are assigned.

Being able to play the "Devil's Advocate" is what being a good debater is about.

Some of you should be ashamed of the way your acting. :palm:

Mott:
I give you major props for not telling everyone to fuck off.

Back