The Official Debate Championship Shit Talking Thread!

I can't believe all the bitching and moaning that is happening, over the debate topics.

Mott was practically begged to take control of this and he agreed to do it.
I don't always agree with Mott; but this is getting asinine.

I guess the next debate should just be everyone choose the topic they want and then hope that they can find someone to be part of it.

All this whining is totally unbecoming.

If you think you're a good debater, then you should be able to gather information and present what ever side you are assigned.

Being able to play the "Devil's Advocate" is what being a good debater is about.

Some of you should be ashamed of the way your acting. :palm:

Mott:
I give you major props for not telling everyone to fuck off.
Dude, I just offered a suggestion, saying that #12 was boring me and half my extended family to death. If the judges tell me to fuck off, I couldn't care less.

Dude, I just offered a suggestion, saying that #12 was boring me and half my extended family to death. If the judges tell me to fuck off, I couldn't care less.
It's all good. So far the debates have been going better then expected. Though I did organize this competition, I am now one of the competitors and any changes now are in the hands of the judges. Economics may be boring but it is an important political topic.

As for all the criticism. Water off a duck. What's the old saying
" Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, criticise." ;)

Then why can't people take the topics they were assigned and just debate them without all the whinging.

They could complain all they want, afterwards; but this is just looking pathetic.

Then why can't people take the topics they were assigned and just debate them without all the whinging.

They could complain all they want, afterwards; but this is just looking pathetic.
Then why can't you just let everyone else complain? Complaining about complaining looks fucking pathetic.

No one is forcing motts hand. I politely asked him if there we could inject a different debate into the list and he volunteered #12 as he thought it might be boring. There is no harm in asking a question. If mott felt strongly enough about it I would leave it as is.

That said I think switching out the economics one would make the competition more engaging. But that is just my opinion. We don't have to all cry out of our vaginas over switching a topic.

The only benefit I see from swapping out realistic topics for more lighthearted ones is that Dixie will be bitching more about the debates than he would be already...

These though I have heard from the Judges that they may change the topic for debate #12 to one about the use of torture. Any suggestions for changing topics should be submitted to the Judges and not me. Once the first round is complete the topics for the second round (quarter finals) will be frozen.

Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople
Quarter Final Topics will be (The Judges will decide who takes which side of a topic.);

Debate #9. Winner of Debate #1 and #3.
Topic - Should certain books be banned from public libraries?

Debate #10. Winner of debate #2 and #4.
Topic - Should we still have an Embargo on Cuba?

Debate #11. Winner of Debate # 5 and #7.
Topic - Is atheism a religion?

Debate #12. Winner of Debate # 6 and #8.
Which is the superior economic system, Keynesian or Supply Side?

Topics for the Semi-finals will be (again Judges choose who defends which side of a topic).

Debate #13. Winners of Debate #9 and #11.
Topic - Should the federal government fund embryonic stem cell research?

Debate #14. Winners of Debate #10 and #12.
Topic - Is gun control the answer to crimes involving guns?

And the Topic for the Championship (Debate #15) will be........

Should Americans be required to pay for Health Care Insurance?

Interesting... so if I won, I get Nigel and potentially a debate on the embargo of Cuba. Much better topic.

No one is forcing motts hand. I politely asked him if there we could inject a different debate into the list and he volunteered #12 as he thought it might be boring. There is no harm in asking a question. If mott felt strongly enough about it I would leave it as is.

That said I think switching out the economics one would make the competition more engaging. But that is just my opinion. We don't have to all cry out of our vaginas over switching a topic.

I would disagree with that.... I think the economics would be a great topic... I would state that the book banning is the weakest on that list... but that is just my opinion.

The only benefit I see from swapping out realistic topics for more lighthearted ones is that Dixie will be bitching more about the debates than he would be already...

Sounds like a good reason to swap topics

Back