The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No a little Teriyaki marinade lightly brushed on and that is it.
Try a brine sometime....little honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt, in a baggie...for just an hour or two on the counter...grill at room temp....not too long on each side, you know...
Soulicious;)

Good morning. I see president Trump has arrived at Buckingham Palace and meet with the queen. I saw nothing about thousands of protesters has anyone?

Maybe it was decided to:

32k5z1.jpg

Good morning all. Great news the fence will be installed next week, and the new doors will be installed on the 19th! There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train this time. :laugh:

Good morning all. Great news the fence will be installed next week, and the new doors will be installed on the 19th! There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train this time. :laugh:
Permits...finally....about time;)

Good morning Top. Grilled a couple of steaks last night and they were almost right. Red warm center which the bride likes. I like red hot center. Grilling chicken tonight for the grand kids drum sticks and wings any suggestions on heat setting and time?

Jack is in New Orleans, I'm in Fla.

Oh s**t, I knew there was something I liked about that guy...:) The Moose lived there, as did I many years ago......

We will 99 here today in dry Calif.. That would be like about 84-86 there.....

Oh s**t, I knew there was something I liked about that guy...:) The Moose lived there, as did I many years ago......

We will 99 here today in dry Calif.. That would be like about 84-86 there.....

Are you in NoCal?

Yep, south of Sacramento by the Delta..

Mmmm. Don't know much about that area. Went up there briefly with a friend. Stayed there the night, then went through Donner Pass to Reno. Sat next to Bobbie Gentry at a Blackjack Table. She left with someone to go get ice cream. When I mentioned that was Bobbie Gentry to the Blackjack dealer, she said something about her wearing an expensive Rabbit Fur jacket. She had pretty bad complexion. I like Reno "Biggest Little City in the World". :)

Mmmm. Don't know much about that area. Went up there briefly with a friend. Stayed there the night, then went through Donner Pass to Reno. Sat next to Bobbie Gentry at a Blackjack Table. She left with someone to go get ice cream. When I mentioned that was Bobbie Gentry to the Blackjack dealer, she said something about her wearing an expensive Rabbit Fur jacket. She had pretty bad complexion. I like Reno "Biggest Little City in the World". :)

Where I am @ is essentially the center of the central valley.. The valley is hot & we have winds usually @ night that blow in from the ocean(hopefully tonight..lol)

Don't go to Reno much, mostly Truckee & Tahoe..

You in NOLA now??

Where I am @ is essentially the center of the central valley.. The valley is hot & we have winds usually @ night that blow in from the ocean(hopefully tonight..lol)

Don't go to Reno much, mostly Truckee & Tahoe..

You in NOLA now??

I've always heard it called the 'San Joaquin Valley'. Gee, it's surprising you would get any wind off the ocean, unless it goes up the mountains, then down the mountains. Is it still a 'wind' when it gets to you?
My little granddaughter has kinfolk around Yosemite National Park (says the lake water is very cold up there), do you live anywhere near that?
Tahoe ... you must be one of those Rich Guys I always hear about. :)

Yeah. I got stuck here about 50 years ago. I keep talking about moving, but ... those are the kind of people that talk a lot, but never fucking leave, so ... may end up dying here. :)

I've always heard it called the 'San Joaquin Valley'. Gee, it's surprising you would get any wind off the ocean, unless it goes up the mountains, then down the mountains. Is it still a 'wind' when it gets to you?
My little granddaughter has kinfolk around Yosemite National Park (says the lake water is very cold up there), do you live anywhere near that?
Tahoe ... you must be one of those Rich Guys I always hear about. :)

Yeah. I got stuck here about 50 years ago. I keep talking about moving, but ... those are the kind of people that talk a lot, but never fucking leave, so ... may end up dying here. :)

Well @ least your not stuck in Lodi..lol (Not a bad place actually)

U r in NOLA?? Where abouts I use to live off the Espanade..

The wind comes under the gold gate & on good days screams into the valley.. While it is 99 here, right off the coast can be foggy & low 50's... That is about 80 miles away..

So I am about 2 1/2 hours from SF (traffic) about the same from Reno, Tahoe & half hour more in Yosemite..

There are many great small communities in that area around Yosemite.. I have not lived there, although I have hiked up there a few times last month..

Here is weather underground, Fairfield, ca 20-30 mile an hour winds SO we will cool off.. :) the water in the bay is about the same as the ocean mid-50's so that breeze is nice.

Bill; "The wind comes under the gold gate & on good days screams into the valley.. "
Jack: :) Oh. That's how it works.

You sound like you are in a good place, close enough to San Fran if you want to go there, but far enough away to avoid the Chaos. 'The Delta', I've never heard that term before, but I guess it makes sense if you are way east of the Bay.

I live about 40 miles east of downtown N.O. Not far from the Mississippi line. Esplanade, always a nice drive on that avenue. The Quarter has spilled over into the Faubourg Marigny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faubourg_Marigny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back