The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill; "The wind comes under the gold gate & on good days screams into the valley.. "
Jack: :) Oh. That's how it works.

You sound like you are in a good place, close enough to San Fran if you want to go there, but far enough away to avoid the Chaos. 'The Delta', I've never heard that term before, but I guess it makes sense if you are way east of the Bay.

I live about 40 miles east of downtown N.O. Not far from the Mississippi line. Esplanade, always a nice drive on that avenue. The Quarter has spilled over into the Faubourg Marigny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faubourg_Marigny

The delta is the confluence of the two main rivers in Calif, the San Joaquin, which come up from the San Joaquin valley, & the Sacramento river coming down from the north, the sacramento valley.. When referring to them both, it is called the central valley, which is huge..

I use to go out there fishing, over the other side of the lake. Went to Gulf pO't & Biloxi on occasion

Your in the Bayou out there...lol HOT & HUMID!!!! A small town?? They were all small when I was there..

The delta is the confluence of the two main rivers in Calif, the San Joaquin, which come up from the San Joaquin valley, & the Sacramento river coming down from the north, the sacramento valley.. When referring to them both, it is called the central valley, which is huge..

I use to go out there fishing, over the other side of the lake. Went to Gulf pO't & Biloxi on occasion

Your in the Bayou out there...lol HOT & HUMID!!!! A small town?? They were all small when I was there..

Hot & Humid ... you got it.
Central Valley. Makes sense to me.
What were you doing on Esplanade? Why did you come? Why did you leave?

Hot & Humid ... you got it.
Central Valley. Makes sense to me.
What were you doing on Esplanade? Why did you come? Why did you leave?

Got out of the Army, lived there for a few years then moved on to NYC for a few then back to Calif..

Got out of the Army, lived there for a few years then moved on to NYC for a few then back to Calif..

Sounds fun. Always good to travel. One thing about NYC, it sure makes you feel good that you don't live THERE!.

Yeah. It's nice to find a place you like, get an agreeable job, find a babe to lay up with, start to settle down, and plan a future.

Sounds like your future is there?? I don't think I could handle that humidity any more...

Uh, don't curse me Bill. I have Plans on moving to New Mexico. After my 'Road Trip 2019', where I scope it all out, I'm thinking of eastern NM. Right around the Panhandle is where the humid Gulf air gives way to the dry air of the desert. Maybe Taos, maybe Roswell, maybe ... ?

Course, something always came up to scrap my '2017 Road Trip' and my '2018 Road Trip'. :(

Uh, don't curse me Bill. I have Plans on moving to New Mexico. After my 'Road Trip 2019', where I scope it all out, I'm thinking of eastern NM. Right around the Panhandle is where the humid Gulf air gives way to the dry air of the desert. Maybe Taos, maybe Roswell, maybe ... ?

Course, something always came up to scrap my '2017 Road Trip' and my '2018 Road Trip'. :(

I wouldn't move where they set off the atomic bomb,for another 10'000 years

I haven't liked parts of New Mexico much, since the speed trap on our 09 trip.

Does it snow there?

I think so, but not too much. No where near up near, Toledo, especially lately. Not even registering compared to me. Only slightly more then the US average. Of course that includes the whole country.
CO_9605.gif

https://www.visitmontrose.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back