The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving a penny at the grave means simply that you visited. A nickel indicates that you and the deceased trained at boot camp together, while a dime means you served with him in some capacity. By leaving a quarter at the grave, you are telling the family that you were with the soldier when he was killed.
What do the coins on gravestones mean? | Wadena PJ

Well Phan you taught me something. I had never heard of the practice.
Of course I don't visit cemeteries so I guess that is understandable.

Well I've never seen "real" snow. It did snow here once many years ago, the roads froze and everything, for a few days, but that was it. As far as the real thing with piles of snow, never seen it.

The ocean is nice, but you can get the same peaceful feeling from looking at any body of water, really.

You've never seen snow?!? Holy cow. Well, you just come up here next January and we'll fix *that*. lol

Southern Cali or Northern Cali?

Inland Cali or Coastal Cali?

Be specific. Because if you say Bakersfield or Fresno is awesome........
There are so many places to me, the redwoods in the north, wine country, the farms....I’ve been, all over CA, there is so
much beauty. There are so many people in some areas. It’s a great place to visit.

Southern Cali or Northern Cali?

Inland Cali or Coastal Cali?

Be specific. Because if you say Bakersfield or Fresno is awesome........

long ago I told these people here what city

used to be Las Vegas for 15 years

I have been back in Ontario California for nearly a decade now

There are so many places to me, the redwoods in the north, wine country, the farms....I’ve been, all over CA, there is so
much beauty. There are so many people in some areas. It’s a great place to visit.

you want snow we got the mountains

want the desert we got it

want a lake we got it

want the ocean we got it

want farmland we got it

want redwoods we got it

want rolling hills we got it

we have everything

Except for Bakersfield and Fresno.... :)

I literally have lived on the entire coast of California. Well, not specifically in San Fransicko, but just north and south of it.

I grew up on the Central Coast and currently reside in San Diego.

After living overseas and in Hawaii I am actually thinking of settling in the north coast. Though I am wee bit concerned about the cold weather. However, I can buy a virtual mansion there and a heater :cool:

Except for Bakersfield and Fresno.... :)

I literally have lived on the entire coast of California. Well, not specifically in San Fransicko, but just north and south of it.

I grew up on the Central Coast and currently reside in San Diego.

After living overseas and in Hawaii I am actually thinking of settling in the north coast. Though I am wee bit concerned about the cold weather. However, I can buy a virtual mansion there and a heater :d
San Diego is my favorite.

San Diego is my favorite.

It is nice, however, the traffic and cost of living is ridiculous. IMO.

Want to go out to eat on the weekend?... Say hello to at least an hour, most likely two hour wait.

If I retire in, we'll years away :(, I would probably strongly consider Maui. Less expensive than Ohau, less city offerings of course, but probably doable.

It is nice, however, the traffic and cost of living is ridiculous. IMO.

Want to go out to eat on the weekend?... Say hello to at least an hour, most likely two hour wait.

If I retire in, we'll years away :(, I would probably strongly consider Maui. Less expensive than Ohau, less city offerings of course, but probably doable.
I was tired of isolation, Hawaii is nice to visit, but I love being able to jump in a car and go. Alaska and Hawaii are limited in where you can drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back