Tops General Store

Well, that's good news...;)
We spent most of yesterday building an ark....

The "good news" is that I called the owner of the dealership that my car was in and he was there getting things ready to open Friday
so I got my car back yesterday.
Today, my mother and I are going to the cemetery to put flags and flowers on my father's (and uncle's) grave site. When we get back
I'm getting my car out and taking her out for lunch to a great restaurant and ice cream place that has many outside picnic tables to
accommodate their customers during this China virus pandemic. You wouldn't think a 93 yr. old woman would love to go for a ride in a
"race car with a license plate" that is excessively loud, uncomfortable, engulfs you with exhaust fumes at every stop and rides like a
skateboard on a stone alley, but she can't wait! What's funny are the looks we get when we stop someplace and they see her get out
of my car!

The "good news" is that I called the owner of the dealership that my car was in and he was there getting things ready to open Friday
so I got my car back yesterday.
Today, my mother and I are going to the cemetery to put flags and flowers on my father's (and uncle's) grave site. When we get back
I'm getting my car out and taking her out for lunch to a great restaurant and ice cream place that has many outside picnic tables to
accommodate their customers during this China virus pandemic. You wouldn't think a 93 yr. old woman would love to go for a ride in a
"race car with a license plate" that is excessively loud, uncomfortable, engulfs you with exhaust fumes at every stop and rides like a
skateboard on a stone alley, but she can't wait! What's funny are the looks we get when we stop someplace and they see her get out
of my car!
That sounds just lovely....have a wonderful day....
I can't believe it's almost Memorial day...we've got some special plans for this year... Most Everyone seems to be adjusting very well to making the changes necessary to move on safely...

That sounds just lovely....have a wonderful day....
I can't believe it's almost Memorial day...we've got some special plans for this year... Most Everyone seems to be adjusting very well to making the changes necessary to move on safely...

Thanks, it's supposed to be nice today, maybe we'll go for a long ride if she wants to.
Not sure what is going on around here for Memorial Day, we're going to her sister's for a picnic.

Hope your trip went well....Last year this time it was car shows/trophies....that will return, I'm sure;)

Was too cold! Mom said she'd take a rain check. I went for a long drive last evening, wore a sweatshirt and it wasn't too bad.
Going for a cruise with 2 friends later this morning, it's gonna be cold if it doesn't start warming up...soon!

Was too cold! Mom said she'd take a rain check. I went for a long drive last evening, wore a sweatshirt and it wasn't too bad.
Going for a cruise with 2 friends later this morning, it's gonna be cold if it doesn't start warming up...soon!
It was pretty chilly yesterday...and rainy....it just won't stop...hope it warms up a bit for you....
Our first Farmer's Market of the year is this afternoon....I'm glad things are slowly getting back to "normal"....even if it's a new kind of normal

It was pretty chilly yesterday...and rainy....it just won't stop...hope it warms up a bit for you....
Our first Farmer's Market of the year is this afternoon....I'm glad things are slowly getting back to "normal"....even if it's a new kind of normal

I am afraid we will be wearing masks for months to come. But it's a small price to pay for some sense of normalcy.

RB
What do you do if you get caught in a sudden rain storm?

Be glad you don't live in Florida, we get rain in bright sunshine.

2 yrs. ago I checked the weather on 3 different weather sites and they all said rain would be coming around 6:00 PM. I figured the car show would be over at 3, an hour drive home I'd be home by 4,no problem. Of course, it started to pour around 2. An hour drive home turned into an hour and a half in a heavy downpour! My friend and I were soaked till we got home. People we passed looked at us like we were nuts!
It's all part of owning a car with no top, I knew sooner or later I'd get caught in a rainstorm. The 2 full days spent cleaning it are worse than getting soaked. It's easier to change clothes than cleaning this car!

Back