Usha Vance earned what MAGA morons call useless liberal arts degrees

Prior to getting her JD at Yale, Usha Vance got a bachelor's degree in history from Yale and a master's degree in philosophy from the University of Cambridge.

History and philosophy are really good background for law school.
Jeezuz Christ. That’s exactly what one does with a useless degree. Either go back and take more courses in STEM , join the military or go to law school. If not you work at seven eleven or Starbucks. So what’s your point?

^^^ Claims to have studied philosophy in college, but remarkably somehow does not intuitively understand how the Socratic method, formal logic, and the dialectic could be a useful background for law school.
You can get a degree in basket weaving and go to law school dummy.
I’ve said this several times on this board. I personally dated a dingbat with a 2.4 GPA in Home Economics from LSU that was accepted and graduated from Tulane law school.

Last edited:
Post your proof that she knew she was going to law school as an 18 or 19 year old undergraduate. She didn't even go straight to law school after undergraduate. She went to England after her bachelors degree and earned a Masters in philosophy.

Even if she did, then explain how that diminishes the value of a degree in the humanities. A philosophy and history background is probably better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology.
I have a friend that got his undergraduate degree in chemical engineering, worked for two years, got experience in the field then went to law school.
Almost Nobody with a law degree has a clue how to handle the cases he does. He’s made a fortune.
Btw he considered law school a cakewalk.

I call

th

It's not nearly as simple as you say (try a MAZAK language), and I don't for a moment believe you know anyone who built a CNC.
Oh, and it's more complicated than "a few straight lines." Just shows you know nothing of what you speak.
You seem confused. The internet is filled with videos of people that have built their own CNC router, CNC plasma, and CNC laser machines. This only proves that liberal arts majors are more informed than you are because they know that CNC isn't restricted to lathes and mills. You can't seem to understand anything outside your limited area of alleged expertise.

Underwater basket weaving is an idiom referring pejoratively to supposedly useless or absurd college or university courses and often generally to refer to a perceived decline in educational standards

so derp derp back at you trollolol
An idiom used by idiots. It's about as old as "the bees knees."

Jeezuz Christ. That’s exactly what one does with a useless degree. Either go back and take more courses in STEM , join the military or go to law school. If not you work at seven eleven or Starbucks. So what’s your point?
Nope. Three of my best friends majored in history, one teaches at the US Naval academy, one is a technical writer, one works at the National Archives.

Since you never went to college, I’ll invest some time explaining it to you.

How exactly do your complaints diminish the value of a degree in the humanities? A philosophy and history background is probably better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology.

Philosophy teaches formal logic, and history imparts institutional knowledge of human cultural, legal, civil, political, and governmental traditions. Both degrees involve considerable efforts at independent research, writing and composition, analysis, logic, public speaking. That’s exactly the kinds of things that are a good prep for law school.

Last edited:
Nope. Three of my best friends majored in history, one teaches at the US Naval academy, one is a technical writer, one works at the National Archives.

How exactly does your complaints diminish the value of a degree in the humanities? A philosophy and history background is probably better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology. A philosophy and history background is probably better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology.

Philosophy teaches formal logic, and history imparts institutional knowledge of human cultural, legal, civil, political, and governmental traditions. Both degrees involve considerable efforts at independent research, writing and composition, analysis, logic, public speaking. That’s exactly the kinds of things that are a good prep for law school.
Anonymous is very stupid. It is no act. He genuinely does not understand simple ideas.

The problem you have is that you used the phrase wrong. No one other than idiots refer to a college degree as underwater basket weaving. It is used to refer to meaningless courses that don't contribute to a degree.
we still pretending you were not lost and confused?

You can go play house all alone - the etymology of the phrase was "majoring in underwater basket weaving"

How exactly does your complaints diminish the value of a degree in the humanities? A philosophy and history background is probably better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology. A philosophy and history background is probably better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology.

Home Ec too I suppose. In fact that degree apparently so well prepares one for law school you can get in to a competitive school like Tulane with a 2.4 GPA.

Anonymous is very stupid. It is no act. He genuinely does not understand simple ideas.
MAGA morons who never went to college actually do think basket weaving is a real degree, and that everyone with a history degree is working at Walmart.

An idiom used by idiots. It's about as old as "the bees knees."
I've been hearing the basket-weaving degree "joke" since the 1980s.

Satire and sarcasm are only funny if there is a kernel of truth underlying them.

And that is exactly why you hardly ever see Rightwing comedians on the comedy circuit. Rightwingers don't get sophisticated humor.

My key takeaway is that you were lying. It seems I was correct.
My key takeway is you are a retard that chooses to ignore real points and problems.

We live in a world where an established man with good credit can come up with a detailed analysis for a business idea, go to a bank for funding and be denied

Whereas a kid with no credit history, income, or assets can get a student loan for some pretty ridiculous future plans.

And now we need to forgive student loans because costs have gotten excessive...which is going to happen when you lend in such a manner

Back