Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say

I freely admit my opinion is heavily biased on this subject. But in the years since my daughter was killed, I've read countless stories just like this one. There is no question that the Pitbull is an extremely dangerous, and utterly unpredictable animal.

My youngest daughter takes my little grand-daughter to her sister-in-law for day care while she's at work. Lily is two and a half now and has been going to Kiffon's since she was an infant. When this arrangement was first proposed, I was 100% against it because Kiffon had a pit bull mix. My daughter was also against it but caved under pressure from the in-laws. You can imagine how worried and heartsick I was every day, thinking about that baby around that dog. They kept it locked in the basement while Lily was there, but accidents happen. Sure enough, Kiffon's kid let the dog out, it escaped the yard, and attacked and bit a Fed Ex guy. They had to keep it in home quarantine (what a joke) for 10 days. Shortly after that, the kid again let the dog out and that time it went after the next door neighbor and her kids. It bit the adult. They ended up taking it to a "trainer" to be "rehabilitated." And thankfully decided to leave it there. What if one of those attacks had been Lily rather than an adult?

Again, I am so sorry for your experience. It must be hard to even think on it, let alone share it.

I walk my beagles in the park every day. We have been involved in about 6 serious incidents. All of them were by pit bulls. I even had top throw my dog in a trash can to keep her safe. Every time'" that is the first time he ever did that" Check the stats. Pits kill more people than any other dog. This girl getting killed by her dogs is no big shock.

Actually, it's German Shepards.

they are also most abused

and most abandoned in a shelter

Young men thinking they can look TUFF with a pitty next to them

then they cant or wont care for them and then abandon them or lose them

Those "young men" are always the gutter trash of society, too.

I dont agree

many are just KIDS who were rasied to be tuff guys

people are not in posession of an adult mind until the age of 25

its just scientific fact

So many people who know not a thing about dogs, let alone pits... really should become more informed. You know who you are;)

Last edited:
So many people who know not a thing about dogs...really should stop commenting.

STFU bitch!Anyone with half a fucking brain has seen numerous
incidents of death and injuries from pitbulls.
Of course a dumb cunt like you would be a pit lover!

I freely admit my opinion is heavily biased on this subject. But in the years since my daughter was killed, I've read countless stories just like this one. There is no question that the Pitbull is an extremely dangerous, and utterly unpredictable animal.

They are not a dog for little ones, no matter how well raised they are. The biggest mistake some make with dogs is not getting one that's compatible. Having a toddler around with certain breeds is just asking for trouble, and turning your back on for a moment, or leaving an infant unattended is like leaving around a meat flavored chew toy. The dog may see you as it's Alpha, but there's no guarantee a dog can even tell what a baby is to you. Hopefully you can help get the message out for the dangers of getting an incompatible breed. Great dogs for families, are Labs, Corgis, Beagle, Golden Retrievers, and believe it or not, I think Newfoundlands.

Oh, I know that's true. We have friends who raise cattle and the dogs are often kept outside (though they do come in occasionally). But "outside" means the barn and a very appropriate place for them to be. I have some pictures from outside rescues around here that are just sad...
A 20 pound chain that's a foot long, frozen water, and a two small plastic dog house just doesn't do it.
It's a little easier to handle the situations that are "local" now thanks to the new law...
Did you know that now there is also a free spay/neuter program available for dogs? Hopefully, that will help the homeless canine population around here...It just passed...;)
Yes I was aware but the hard part is getting people to get off their ass and to quit sucking down Budwieser and Nachos with cheese whiz long enough to go do it! LOL

My heart goes out to you for your loss, and I say that very sincerely.
But You can't apply that "will turn on you because of genetics" generalization to an entire and specific type of dog, though. It's just not true.
There are always exceptions. Maybe you're ok with a dog who could turn on you. That just ain't the dog for me.

Sorry, but that is propaganda nonsense. Pitbulls turn on their owners more than any other dog, regardless of how they're raised. It's in the DNA, and has nothing to do with rearing. I owned a pitbull many years ago, he was raised as a family dog with lots of love and not as a fighting dog. He turned one day, and mauled my infant daughter. She did not survive.
Thank you for sharing that. It's kind of like talking about Islamic terrorist. Same it seems with dogs. It's usually the same characters. Just like you've probably never heard of a plane being hijacked by radical Norwegians you rarely hear of people getting mauled to death by a Labrador retriever (and yes...they are capable of doing that).

My guess about what happened is that she was taking them out for a walk and the dogs started playing with her. One probably started getting a bit over aggressive and that probably triggered the other to attack and then they both attacked and she didn't stand a chance cause she wasn't big enough to stop the first one. I saw that happen once with a friends son who was about 8. They had two pits. One was playing with the boy and had him by his coat sleeve and was shaking it. The kid started to squeal and that triggered the second one who attacked, the first dog then attacked. Fortunately there were a number of adults nearby who stopped the dogs and it took three grown men to stop those two pits from tearing that kid apart. Fortunately the kid wasn't hurt bad but it scared the hell out of him.

Get this...we could not convince the moron hill jack who owned the dogs that they had to die. He was convinced they were just playing.

There are always exceptions. Maybe you're ok with a dog who could turn on you. That just ain't the dog for me.
Well, then don't get a pit bull, if that's how you feel. That was easy. But don't generalize.
I treat each dog that we have, whether it's foster or adoption, as an the individuals that they are. Because every dog is different.
There are always "exceptions", no matter what the breed or type.

My heart goes out to you for your loss, and I say that very sincerely.
But You can't apply that "will turn on you because of genetics" generalization to an entire and specific type of dog, though. It's just not true.
Then explain why it's usually Pits, Rotts and other dogs that have been selectively bred as fighting, guard or attack dogs?

That is not to say that a Pitt can't make an excellent pet. They can. A significant percentage of them don't because they have been selectively bred to be aggressive. I do agree with you that you can't condemn a whole breed by the actions of a few, particularly if they have knuckle headed owners or owners not capable of managing the dogs, as what probably happened in this case. If she was 6' tall and 200#'s the attack probably wouldn't of happened.

Having said that these are dogs that are not for everyone and represent a huge responsibility and those who are not committed or capable of that responsibility should not own one. This young lady would have probably been better off with a Labradoodle.

Back