Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say

If you don't have a tethering ordinance in your community, check into seeing what you can do to help get one!!!No dog deserves to live their life at the end of a chain, tied up outside without proper shelter, food, water, attention, and activity.
And if you are one of those people who think that's ok, just don't get a dog. Or call a rescue and they will come and find your pup a loving home.
My Father had a dog he kept tethered 24/7. After years of that I called the friend who gave the dog to my father and he took the dog back and found him an appropriate home.

My Father had a dog he kept tethered 24/7. After years of that I called the friend who gave the dog to my father and he took the dog back and found him an appropriate home.
That was the right thing to do. Hopefully those laws will apply nationwide very soon. They're in place here...
I've just never understood why anyone would get an animal and not keep it inside. Especially at night and in the extreme heat or cold. Dogs are very social animals and keeping them locked down, they deteriorate pretty quickly.
This is one ongoing case that's very sad...sometimes people won't tolerate abuse even it if means they have to take personal risks.
http://wncn.com/2017/12/12/woman-faces-criminal-charges-for-rescuing-starving-dog/
The case has been continued again, but we're all hopeful about the outcome. The point is that it should never come to a situation like this...

Last edited:
That was the right thing to do. Hopefully those laws will apply nationwide very soon. They're in place here...
I've just never understood why anyone would get an animal and not keep it inside. Especially at night and in the extreme heat or cold. Dogs are very social animals and keeping them locked down, they deteriorate pretty quickly.
My mother is a farmers daughter and has always insisted dogs should be kept outside. Incredibly stubborn despite all evidence that this was cruel she didn’t care. Dogs are less than livestock to her. Same with cats. To many farming folk the notion of pets is an odd and strange notion. I know a lot of rural and farm folks who are that way. They have dogs and cats but they are not pets and the certainly don’t live in your house.

In fact in the farming community where my mother grew up having a pet in your home was considered low class.

My mother is a farmers daughter and has always insisted dogs should be kept outside. Incredibly stubborn despite all evidence that this was cruel she didn’t care. Dogs are less than livestock to her. Same with cats. To many farming folk the notion of pets is an odd and strange notion. I know a lot of rural and farm folks who are that way. They have dogs and cats but they are not pets.
Oh, I know that's true. We have friends who raise cattle and the dogs are often kept outside (though they do come in occasionally). But "outside" means the barn and a very appropriate place for them to be. I have some pictures from outside rescues around here that are just sad...
A 20 pound chain that's a foot long, frozen water, and a two small plastic dog house just doesn't do it.
It's a little easier to handle the situations that are "local" now thanks to the new law...
Did you know that now there is also a free spay/neuter program available for dogs? Hopefully, that will help the homeless canine population around here...It just passed...;)

bf2b0c9e121948ae728c5812112c77e9--stop-animal-cruelty-so-sad.jpg

I guarantee you that my dog could do some damage... Great Dane. As is, I can walk her on a piece of yarn and she stays right with me, doesn't pull, tug or ignore my vibe or my commands.
Dogs have different temperaments, and it takes a responsible owner to guide them. They are pack animals, and their alpha dog...their human master... is who makes them into what they are.
Statistics are fine, but they don't tell the real situation a dog finds itself in, from owner to environment to proper exercise. Even small dogs can be triggered, and when the little ones snarl and growl, many owners smile and call them cute, not realizing that even the little ones can do some damage. Don't fault a pit for being muscular and powerful.
Some people shouldn't have animals, and most shouldn't have powerful dogs.

Sorry, but that is propaganda nonsense. Pitbulls turn on their owners more than any other dog, regardless of how they're raised. It's in the DNA, and has nothing to do with rearing. I owned a pitbull many years ago, he was raised as a family dog with lots of love and not as a fighting dog. He turned one day, and mauled my infant daughter. She did not survive.

Sorry, but that is propaganda nonsense. Pitbulls turn on their owners more than any other dog, regardless of how they're raised. It's in the DNA, and has nothing to do with rearing. I owned a pitbull many years ago, he was raised as a family dog with lots of love and not as a fighting dog. He turned one day, and mauled my infant daughter. She did not survive.

Oh my god.

I am so sorry.

My heart goes out to you for your loss, and I say that very sincerely.
But You can't apply that "will turn on you because of genetics" generalization to an entire and specific type of dog, though. It's just not true.

Last edited:

Wow that's terrible CB. :(

Dogs can be unpredictable, and yes, the breed and DNA is a huge factor. I grew up with a German Shepherd who was a trusted guardian to us kids, but would eat a man alive if he ever touched any one of us. I've been bit in the face by my nephew's dog, a Shepherd mix, when I was examining something in it's ear. My elderly neighbor's little 8# POS pure bred almost bit my finger off when I handed her a package.

But You can't apply that "will turn on you because of genetics" generalization to an entire and specific type of dog, though. It's just not true.

I freely admit my opinion is heavily biased on this subject. But in the years since my daughter was killed, I've read countless stories just like this one. There is no question that the Pitbull is an extremely dangerous, and utterly unpredictable animal.

sorry for your loss, but that is complete ignorance.

Lay off the recreational drugs, sonny.

You obviously can't handle them.

I'm still waiting for you to say something relevant to the conversation instead of just tossing in some non-sequitur bullshit.

The ppl who think pitbulls are great animal companions are fucked up. The ppl who think that pitbulls are totally awesome animal companions and just like having a huge bunch of guns so you can walk around saying FUCK YOU to people with impunity are even more fucked up.

Poor woman. And poor dumb animals who were probably (hopefully) euthanized.

I freely admit my opinion is heavily biased on this subject. But in the years since my daughter was killed, I've read countless stories just like this one. There is no question that the Pitbull is an extremely dangerous, and utterly unpredictable animal.
Again, my deepest sympathies to you and your family, and while I completely understand your bias, I am going to continue to stand behind what I believe... however, I won't further debate this issue with you personally, obviously because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Again, my deepest sympathies to you and your family, and while I completely understand your bias, I am going to continue to stand behind what I believe... however, I won't further debate this issue with you personally, obviously because of the sensitivity of the situation.

I will also respectfully agree to disagree.

I have to tell you how much your respectful tone and empathy mean to me. It is greatly appreciated. While this happened over thirty years ago, it is something you never really heal completely from. Talking about it does pick at the scab a bit, but is worth it if even one person heeds my warning.

Thank you.

The ppl who think pitbulls are great animal companions are fucked up. The ppl who think that pitbulls are totally awesome animal companions and just like having a huge bunch of guns so you can walk around saying FUCK YOU to people with impunity are even more fucked up.

Poor woman. And poor dumb animals who were probably (hopefully) euthanized.

:youracunt:
not only that, but you're an ignorant cunt of the highest order

Get yourself three or four pitbulls Top,prove us wrong.

I walk my beagles in the park every day. We have been involved in about 6 serious incidents. All of them were by pit bulls. I even had top throw my dog in a trash can to keep her safe. Every time'" that is the first time he ever did that" Check the stats. Pits kill more people than any other dog. This girl getting killed by her dogs is no big shock.

Back