Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say

I'm sorry but I disagree. There are stories out there of pit bulls snapping and mauling their owners, family members. The instinct to kill other dogs and animals is common of the breed. Terriers in general are very predatory although not all of them have the capability to do the damage of a pit bull.

you're a complete ignoramus. shut up.

us very real animal lovers, also pit bull lovers, abhor dog fighting and if i ever come across one in my area, they will found out that I am very effective with my handgun. so pull your ignorant head out of your ass.

If I PM you some locations in north Texas where dog-fighting is known to occur, will you kill the people you find there?

Sometimes it can be reversed, sometimes not. It isn't all about how they've been raised. Someone could neglect and beat a retriever within an inch of it's life and it wouldn't as much growl at someone. Pit bulls have been docile, alleged 'family dogs' and mauled children to death out the blue, with no provocation.

this statement shows just how ignorant and misinformed you truly are. i've worked with dog rescue for years and have had the most abused pit bulls show such appreciation for my affection and then had retriever and lab mixes show such fear and agression.....you really need to shut up and go back to researching.

craptastic load of bullshit.

us very real animal lovers, also pit bull lovers, abhor dog fighting and if i ever come across one in my area, they will found out that I am very effective with my handgun. so pull your ignorant head out of your ass.

assuming just makes you a moron.

do you have video proof that the dogs were the ones who mauled her? other than the speculation of a government enforcement agent?

and now we know your true motive.............psycho

You really are Dumber than Shit.

don't go away mad, just go the fuck away.

redneck-triggered.jpg

:rofl2:

was 'don't care' too simple for you?

Is a "yes" or a "no" too difficult for you?

You have stated that you will "without remorse" show people "that I am very effective with my handgun".

If I PM you some locations in north Texas where dog-fighting is known to occur, will you kill the people you find there?

without remorse

Under Texas law, does that statement rise to the level of a terroristic threat?

"Yes", or "no"?

Pit bulls are unpredictable

2016 dog bite fatality statistics

31 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2016. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 71% (22) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population.(3)

Together, pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (2), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 77% of the total recorded deaths in 2016. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 12-year period of 2005 to 2016.
The breakdown between these two breeds is substantial over this 12-year period. From 2005 to 2016, pit bulls killed 254 Americans, about one citizen every 17 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 43, a citizen every 102 days (Related graph).

In 2016, the combination of pit bulls (22), their close cousins, American bulldogs (2), and rottweilers (2) contributed to 84% (26) of all dog bite-related fatalities. Both American bulldog cases involved dogs acquired in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Labradors and their mixes contributed to 3 deaths in 2016, followed by 6 breeds, each with 2 deaths: American bulldog, Belgian malinois, doberman pinscher, German shepherd, mixed-breed, rottweiler and 2 cases with unreleased breed data.
Annual data from 2016 shows that 42% (13) of the fatality victims were children ages 9-years and younger and 58% (18) were adults, ages 30-years and older. Of the total adults killed by canines in 2016, pit bulls were responsible for 67% (12).

In 2016, female victims (16) were greater in number than male victims (15). Among children ages 9-years and younger, male deaths were greater, 62% vs. 38% and among adults 59-years and older, female deaths outpaced males, 75% vs. 25%.

In 2016, infants 3 to 6-days old accounted for 31% of all child deaths. In one case, a pit bull-mix was lying in bed with the baby and its parents when it attacked. The family had adopted the dog 5-months earlier from the San Diego Humane Society.
42% (13) of all dog bite fatality victims in 2016 were either visiting or living temporarily with the dog's owner when the fatal attack occurred, up from 32% in 2015. Of this subset of 13 fatalities, 77% (10) were inflicted by pit bulls.

In 2016, 32% (10) of attacks resulting in death involved a dog or person new to a household (0-2 month period). Children 9-years and younger accounted for 80% (8) of these deaths. Of this subset of 10 fatalities, 70% (7) were inflicted by pit bulls.

In 2016, 61% (19) of all fatalities involved more than one dog, up from the 11-year average of 44% (2005 to 2015). 35% (11) of all deaths involved 2 or 3 dogs and 26% (8) involved a pack attack of 4 or more dogs, up from the 11-year average of 14%.
29% (9) of all dog bite fatalities in 2016 involved breeding on the dog owner's property either actively or in the recent past; pit bulls accounted for 67% of these deaths. 3% (1) involved tethered dogs, down from the 11-year average of 10%.

Dog ownership information for 2016 shows that non-family dogs inflicted the majority of deaths, 55% (17). Of this subset, 59% (10) were inflicted by pit bulls. Conversely, only 19% (6) of attacks resulting in death occurred off the dog owner's property.
Family dogs inflicted 45% (14) of all deaths in 2016; family pit bulls accounted for 86% (12) of these deaths, up from an 11-year average of 63%. Of the 22 fatal pit bull attacks, 55% (12) involved a family or household member vs. 45% (10) non-family.

In 2016, only 6% (2) of all deadly attacks resulted in meaningful criminal charges; the lowest level on record.4 2016 also marked the first time a police officer's "personal" attack-trained K-9 killed a person; he was charged with two felonies.
California led all states in fatal attacks in 2016 incurring 6 deaths; 67% of these deaths were inflicted by pit bulls. Florida, North Carolina and Texas each followed with 3 deaths. South Carolina, a routine dog bite fatality state, incurred no deaths.

Source: https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2016.php

Well, you're about to discover that many on this site are fans of pit bulls, and dog lovers in general.

That's fine. Some people are fans of assault weapons, venomous snakes, and Carrot Top. Post #137 explains a bit more on why I hold the opinion I do regarding this breed.

If you're really dog lovers, and you have an ounce or more of brains in your head (questionable re: Trumptards) you'd be pissed off over the thought of people breeding these poor creatures to fight, maul and kill each other.

Not to mention the smaller, defenseless dogs these assholes sacrifice to teach their fighter dogs to love the taste of blood.

Guess none of that ever occurred to you though, did it?

1) You're an idiot. Her quote was about Pit Bulls as pets, not about the ones from the article.
2) I really do not like dogs, and much prefer having cats for pets.
3) Guess learning to read never occurred to you.

Back