Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say

Dogs can be unpredictable, and yes, the breed and DNA is a huge factor. I grew up with a German Shepherd who was a trusted guardian to us kids, but would eat a man alive if he ever touched any one of us. I've been bit in the face by my nephew's dog, a Shepherd mix, when I was examining something in it's ear. My elderly neighbor's little 8# POS pure bred almost bit my finger off when I handed her a package.
I'm pretty sure my dog would bit you too. Maybe it's not the dog? ;)

Such a little man with a big mouth. Don't allow your dogs to bite me and you have nothing to worry about. Let them bite me and you do.
I've always considered a dog, provoked or unprovoked, biting a child as a death penalty offense. In fact biting most anyone would be a death penalty offense in my eyes but definitely if they bite a child.

Then explain why it's usually Pits, Rotts and other dogs that have been selectively bred as fighting, guard or attack dogs?

That is not to say that a Pitt can't make an excellent pet. They can. A significant percentage of them don't because they have been selectively bred to be aggressive. I do agree with you that you can't condemn a whole breed by the actions of a few, particularly if they have knuckle headed owners or owners not capable of managing the dogs, as what probably happened in this case. If she was 6' tall and 200#'s the attack probably wouldn't of happened.

Having said that these are dogs that are not for everyone and represent a huge responsibility and those who are not committed or capable of that responsibility should not own one. This young lady would have probably been better off with a Labradoodle.
Why is any dog selected to be bred to fight, guard, or attack? Unless, it's for official purpose. I don't think anyone has the answer for that kind of insanity...

Why is any dog selected to be bred to fight, guard, or attack? Unless, it's for official purpose. I don't think anyone has the answer for that kind of insanity...
Oh yes they do. By doing so, be extension of your dog, you've made yourself a badass. These are the types who should never own any kind of pet. Let alone a dog.

QUOTE=Mott the Hoople;2143200]I've always considered a dog, provoked or unprovoked, biting a child as a death penalty offense. In fact biting most anyone would be a death penalty offense in my eyes but definitely if they bite a child.[/QUOTE]

2013-08-30_18.07.41.jpg[
Children have to be taught to respect animals. I've spent a great deal of time working to reverse total, learned fear of animals when it comes to children/young people...We have a husky and there are some kids in the neighborhood who thought he was a wolf and were totally terrified.
Everyone loves Scooby (a rescue from a Southern Ohio puppy mill) now. And we always teach them about how to interact, or not, with other dogs. It just takes a little bit of time and interaction.:)

Last edited:
Children have to be taught to respect animals. I've spent a great deal of time working to reverse total, learned fear of animals when it comes to children/young people...

Yes, because it's so easy to teach an infant to respect and don't touch the pit bull.

WTF is wrong with ppl like you? Blame the victims, always.

Oh yes they do. By doing so, be extension of your dog, you've made yourself a badass. These are the types who should never own any kind of pet. Let alone a dog.
We work on prosecuting those kind of "badasses" to the fullest...any who abuse or neglect their animals. In any way.

Such a little man with a big mouth. Don't allow your dogs to bite me and you have nothing to worry about. Let them bite me and you do.

1. I don't let my dogs bite anyone,
2. I trust my dogs more than I trust people,
3. if my dog bites someone, that person is not to be trusted,
4. so if you fuck with my dogs, I will fuck you up. you can test how 'little' i am at your convenience, you weaselly assed cock sucker.

I've always considered a dog, provoked or unprovoked, biting a child as a death penalty offense. In fact biting most anyone would be a death penalty offense in my eyes but definitely if they bite a child.

that's pretty damned moronic. I've seen the gentlest of dogs endure torment at the hands of a child pulling it's ears, tail, and anything else the kid can get it's hands on, but if the dog has enough of the torment and bites, is it the dogs fault or the parents?

Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
"Yes, because it's so easy to teach an infant to respect and don't touch the pit bull.
WTF is wrong with ppl like you? Blame the victims, always."

What a ignorant comment and completely disrespectful and thoughtless considering what's been shared here. That's why I have her on ignore, and I'm not always happy to see quotes.
Shame on her.

Dude there is something fucking wrong with your brain if you need to verify the political leanings of some random woman who died to determine if you feel sympathy for them or not.

Sorry, but that is propaganda nonsense. Pitbulls turn on their owners more than any other dog, regardless of how they're raised. It's in the DNA, and has nothing to do with rearing. I owned a pitbull many years ago, he was raised as a family dog with lots of love and not as a fighting dog. He turned one day, and mauled my infant daughter. She did not survive.

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Back