What can we do about disability and welfare fraud?

Again kudos for the deflection veterans are a totally separate discussion, they are not trying to get out of work, they SERVED their country. Damn, it is evident you will do or write anyting to discuss anythign but the actual thread topic. How old are you?

I am a combat veteran but never went to the VA for anything.

People who work in productive jobs also serve their country.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rokin Kat

Yep kinda hard for me to wodk when on morphine and such.
Not been able to drive for well over a year even with a wheelchair capable van.

I will trade places with the pocket rocket guy any day.
He can even have my couple of million of net worth.
Would be nice to be able to drive around and work and have all my parts work and NO PAIN!

And yes I am on SS disability because it was the only way I could get health ins.
No one would sell private insurance to me.
Since I have outlived my doctors estimates by quite a bit I should I have spent all my money by now instead of taking advantage of an insurance policy (SS) I had been paynig into all my working life?

Big hugs to you...

Ditto....

I have inquired about his status and two more with the SS office. Unfortuantely thie leadership we have in this country is turning a blind eye to such behavior and encouraging it even more.

The leadership? Nope. It is your friend that is the criminal.

You know the ones I am referring to. You know the ones that limp or seem crippled in public where they live but playing volleyball on vacation or riding motorcycles on long trips.

Have you ever run into one? I have: What do you do for a living? "I am on disability" Really?:rolleyes:

For what? " I have this tingle in my back that prevents me from working" And it doesn't tingle when you are riding on these rough roads for 8 hours/day? or all that walking while here in Sturgis? WOW! that is amazing!

Has anyone else noticed the trend?

I think things like you tube and the local news stations would be interested in some of these cases, especially the guys and gals that walk perfectly ok when out of their home area. We need to band together as a nation and get this under control.

We do not owe them a living.

Thoughts?

I haven't read the entire thread so maybe someone has already mentioned this but not every disability shows itself on a continuous basis. Someone with severe epilepsy may not have continuous seizures. People with back problems are not continually bed ridden. The point being for someone to hold a job they need to be able to work a full 8 hours, 5 days a week. Not 2 or 3 hours and, maybe, 2 or 3 days a week depending on when their illness/disability flares up.

Try getting a job after telling the interviewer you may or may not show up for work depending on how your illness/disability manifests. Being unemployable does not mean a person is incapable of doing anything. It means they are not capable of doing everything a specific job requires.

I haven't read the entire thread so maybe someone has already mentioned this but not every disability shows itself on a continuous basis. Someone with severe epilepsy may not have continuous seizures. People with back problems are not continually bed ridden. The point being for someone to hold a job they need to be able to work a full 8 hours, 5 days a week. Not 2 or 3 hours and, maybe, 2 or 3 days a week depending on when their illness/disability flares up.

Try getting a job after telling the interviewer you may or may not show up for work depending on how your illness/disability manifests. Being unemployable does not mean a person is incapable of doing anything. It means they are not capable of doing everything a specific job requires.

Why can't they work out of their home? Many sales people across the country do it. I know someone that has seizures and her employer supports her 100%.

Our government enables these people to do this, I did not say he was my friend. Same way with farm subsidies. Another fleecing of America.

So, basically, you believe that all disability should be ceased because people commit fraud? Is this your solution?

Why can't they work out of their home? Many sales people across the country do it. I know someone that has seizures and her employer supports her 100%.

How many companies are willing to hire people to work from home?

Some conservatives state that liberals are the pop eyed optimist. You believe that all disabled people can work from home! If only there were a perfect world, where everyone did what was right!

So, basically, you believe that all disability should be ceased because people commit fraud? Is this your solution?

Show me where I stated that. You can't, because it is your bullshit, not mine. I think we should manage these programs better and put the people back to work that are fucking the system.

How many companies are willing to hire people to work from home?

Some conservatives state that liberals are the pop eyed optimist. You believe that all disabled people can work from home! If only there were a perfect world, where everyone did what was right!

I have been working from home since 95'. I know hundreds more just like me. Nearly all professional salespeople, consultants, and auditors work from home now. They may have a base office that they go to twice a year but they work from home.

Many hospitals employ people for data entry that work from home. Those jobs are out there for people that are interested in finding them.

Show me where I stated that. You can't, because it is your bullshit, not mine. I think we should manage these programs better and put the people back to work that are fucking the system.

How exactly would you propose to stop all fraud? How do you determine who is committing fraud? How would you better manage the program? Have you researched the required paperwork for disability? Have you researched how cases are handled by the person determining the disability?

Is it possible to stop all fraud?

I have been working from home since 95'. I know hundreds more just like me. Nearly all professional salespeople, consultants, and auditors work from home now. They may have a base office that they go to twice a year but they work from home.

Many hospitals employ people for data entry that work from home. Those jobs are out there for people that are interested in finding them.

There are five initial questions that are asked before you even start the process, do you know those five questions?

Can you work is one of those questions, you have to prove that you are unable to work. I would imagine, but will have to confirm that would include working at home.

I hope you never have an autistic child or other disability in your family.
As you grow older you will perhaps learn to understand.
I have a son with an autism spectrum diagnosis.
He was diagnosed.
Then the diagnosis was reversed.
Now it has been put back in place.

He says he is not autistic, I agree, his dr agrees.
Then his mother gets on the Drs case and he is autistic again!!
That's ex wives for ya!
Fuck up a kids life to get back at you!

Sure there are plenty of loopholes. I never said there wasn't. The bottom line here is there are a lot of people on disability who could be doing something but would rather not. Are you really trying to argue that there aren't some collecting disability -- who aren't really disabled at all?

You're the one who has now brought "loopholes" into the equation.
I've never said that everyone on disability, were legitimate.

Because you have already stated that you do not have a problem with someone out riding for fun when they could be working. That makes YOU part of the problem

I'm very much aware of what I've posted and once again you've arrived at an erroneous assumption.

Would you care to post where I said anything close, to what you think you read?

Back