What can we do about disability and welfare fraud?

Many of them live better than their working counterparts riding motorycles, going fishing, it is ridiculous

Add in the taxes they don't pay (revenue) and the cost is very high

yes, please show us a pic where you are pushing that beast, we know it weighs more than 10 lbs. , please show us you legs elevated while riding, bottom line, people that do this are living off the backs of others.

Since you see to have a problem remembering things, I'll refresh your memory.
At no time have I said that I push my trike and I've already explained why riding it actually helps my back.
Since you obviously just want to complain about things you don't understand, you'll never accept anything that doesn't coincide with your narrow view.

Many of them live better than their working counterparts riding motorycles, going fishing, it is ridiculous

Add in the taxes they don't pay (revenue) and the cost is very high

From: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_maximum_Social_Security_disability_benefit

"Typically, a disabled worker may expect to receive $1,067 in disability payments every month. However, if the claimant has a spouse and a child, the average monthly social security benefits may increase up to $1,813. Monthly SSI benefits are lower and single beneficiaries may receive $674 monthly but for couples, the payment may increase to $1,011.

In 2010, the maximum individual benefit is $2,346, which assumes 35 working years paying the maximum FICA contribution. A disabled person with a family can receive a maximum family benefit for a qualifying spouse and children of $4,222.80.

These numbers are unrealistic for most people, however. In 2010, the average disability benefit is $1,065.90. The average payment for qualifying minor dependents is $317.10 each, terminating the month before the child turns 18 (or 19 if still in high school). Under certain circumstances, the spouse of a disabled individual may also collect a small monthly stipend, averaging about $286.70 per month."

So the average annual income for someone on disability is $12,790.80 ($21,756 if they have a spouse). Yeah, I can see that being a gold mine. They ride motorcycles and fish? lol A motorcycle is the cheapest way to get around, so far as gas mileage goes. And fishing is about as cheap a hobby as you can get, plus you can feed your family what you catch.

The annual salary for someone drawing the maximum disability from Social Security is $28,152.00. I couldn't live on that, could you?

Last edited:
Since you see to have a problem remembering things, I'll refresh your memory.
At no time have I said that I push my trike and I've already explained why riding it actually helps my back.
Since you obviously just want to complain about things you don't understand, you'll never accept anything that doesn't coincide with your narrow view.

you mean your narrow view, play while the rest of us work, we get it.

From: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_maximum_Social_Security_disability_benefit

"Typically, a disabled worker may expect to receive $1,067 in disability payments every month. However, if the claimant has a spouse and a child, the average monthly social security benefits may increase up to $1,813. Monthly SSI benefits are lower and single beneficiaries may receive $674 monthly but for couples, the payment may increase to $1,011.

In 2010, the maximum individual benefit is $2,346, which assumes 35 working years paying the maximum FICA contribution. A disabled person with a family can receive a maximum family benefit for a qualifying spouse and children of $4,222.80.

These numbers are unrealistic for most people, however. In 2010, the average disability benefit is $1,065.90. The average payment for qualifying minor dependents is $317.10 each, terminating the month before the child turns 18 (or 19 if still in high school). Under certain circumstances, the spouse of a disabled individual may also collect a small monthly stipend, averaging about $286.70 per month."

So the average annual income for someone on disability is $12,790.80 ($21,756 if they have a spouse). Yeah, I can see that being a gold mine. They ride motorcycles and fish? lol A motorcycle is the cheapest way to get around, so far as gas mileage goes. And fishing is about as cheap a hobby as you can get, plus you can feed your family what you catch.

The annual salary for someone drawing the maximum disability from Social Security is $28,152.00. I could live on that, could you?

You left out the part where their spouses can still be working, where they can earn up to $12k more on top of their disability. For those that have everything paid for it does not take that much money to live. Meanwhile the rest of us pay more so they can work less.

You left out the part where their spouses can still be working, where they can earn up to $12k more on top of their disability. For those that have everything paid for it does not take that much money to live. Meanwhile the rest of us pay more so they can work less.

Everything paid for? If the spouse makes another $12k, their annual income is $33,756. That is hardlly living in the lap of luxury. So your statement of "Many of them live better than their working counterparts riding motorycles, going fishing, it is ridiculous" has been soundly debunked.

Could you and your wife live on $33k a year? Ok, if you got a gov't subsidized apt you might be able to live on it. I lived in one for a few years when my kids were little and I was in school. If you think that is living better than much of anyone, you are mistaken.

I am not saying that fraud is right, nor should it be ignored. But the bullshit that has been spewed in this thread is amazing. The claims that diagnosed medical disabilities are "faux illnesses" and that people on disability live the good life are both just hatred and venom spewed at the tiniest percentage of why we are up to our ears in national debt.

And I notice you didn't care to see the part of the quote "In 2010, the maximum individual benefit is $2,346, which assumes 35 working years paying the maximum FICA contribution."

Progressive Liberals are the ones playing here, with out country hanging in the balance. They think money grows on trees and we can keep living off credit. The housing bubble is evidence that living off credit won't work.

I would be ashamed to be seen on my bike or out boating while being on disability. People that do that shit are a disgrace.

In the past 150+ posts you have accused others of supporting fraud; just because they don't support your limited understanding.

You have attempted to make it appear that you know more about what is and isn't a disability, then professionals do.

You've refused to accept information, that doesn't fall into lock step with your way of thinking.

You've accused me of certain things; without showing a single comment of mine, to support your accusations.

In reards to your lastest comment; I can truly say that you're an idiot.
You have no idea of what you're attempting to discuss and you couldn't find a fact to support you, if it was tattooed on your ass, you were standing in front of a mirror, and there was a map of how to find your ass, taped to the mirror.

The next time I wake up and have to take my meds, just to be able to get dressed and walk, I'll be thinking of you and feeling pity for you.
By the same token; the next time I'm having a "good day" and go for a ride on my trike, I'll be laughing at you.

Everything paid for? If the spouse makes another $12k, their annual income is $33,756. That is hardlly living in the lap of luxury. So your statement of "Many of them live better than their working counterparts riding motorycles, going fishing, it is ridiculous" has been soundly debunked.

Could you and your wife live on $33k a year? Ok, if you got a gov't subsidized apt you might be able to live on it. I lived in one for a few years when my kids were little and I was in school. If you think that is living better than much of anyone, you are mistaken.

I am not saying that fraud is right, nor should it be ignored. But the bullshit that has been spewed in this thread is amazing. The claims that diagnosed medical disabilities are "faux illnesses" and that people on disability live the good life are both just hatred and venom spewed at the tiniest percentage of why we are up to our ears in national debt.

And I notice you didn't care to see the part of the quote "In 2010, the maximum individual benefit is $2,346, which assumes 35 working years paying the maximum FICA contribution."

There is no benefit in continuing to educate this fool; because he's unable to listen.
His pathetic little mind is made up and he has no attention of learning anything.

He doesn't want to talk about disability fraud or how to solve it; because he hasn't shown that he believes any disability is a fact.

•the inability to lift up to ten pounds
I know plenty of people who ride motorcycles they couldn't lift if they dropped it. Also, pushing a bike into a parking spot does not require much strength.

•the inability to stand or walk for more than a combined total of two hours a day
This would not effect their ability to ride a motorcycle at all.

•the use of medically required hand-held devices to help walking
This might be an issue if their medical problem has to do with balance, but most often it is a joint issue (like knee or hip). That would not prevent them from riding a motorcycle, since the joint would not be bearing weight.

•the need to keep one leg elevated
This might actually prevent them from riding. So you get one.

•the inability to use an arm because of amputation above the elbow
Depending on the prosthesis, they could still ride very well.

•the inability to sit for six hours out of an eight hour work-day.
When they ride they can stop whenever they need to stop. This would also not prevent them from riding a motorcycle.

There is no benefit in continuing to educate this fool; because he's unable to listen.
His pathetic little mind is made up and he has no attention of learning anything.

He doesn't want to talk about disability fraud or how to solve it; because he hasn't shown that he believes any disability is a fact.

You are probably right. He just wants to blame "lazy people" instead of discussing facts.

You have just shown with the post above that you are either the biggest liar on this board or very good at talking out of your ass, which is it?

•the inability to lift up to ten pounds
I know plenty of people who ride motorcycles they couldn't lift if they dropped it. Also, pushing a bike into a parking spot does not require much strength.

•the inability to stand or walk for more than a combined total of two hours a day
This would not effect their ability to ride a motorcycle at all.

•the use of medically required hand-held devices to help walking
This might be an issue if their medical problem has to do with balance, but most often it is a joint issue (like knee or hip). That would not prevent them from riding a motorcycle, since the joint would not be bearing weight.

•the need to keep one leg elevated
This might actually prevent them from riding. So you get one.

•the inability to use an arm because of amputation above the elbow
Depending on the prosthesis, they could still ride very well.

•the inability to sit for six hours out of an eight hour work-day.
When they ride they can stop whenever they need to stop. This would also not prevent them from riding a motorcycle.

Your post above shows your stupidity, 10 lbs weight restrictions keep you from riding legally. No use of an arm would as well.

The next time I wake up and have to take my meds, just to be able to get dressed and walk, I'll be thinking of you and feeling pity for you.
By the same token; the next time I'm having a "good day" and go for a ride on my trike, I'll be laughing at you.

Poor baby, can't deal with pain so he can work but can put up with it on a fun day. Had you pegged all along. Thanks for proving most if not all my points.

You have just shown with the post above that you are either the biggest liar on this board or very good at talking out of your ass, which is it?

I've provided your own statements, to back up my previoius comments; whereas you make comments and expect others to dicsount them.
I'm more then willing to review any statement you've made, that is counter to my conclusion.

Poor baby, can't deal with pain so he can work but can put up with it on a fun day. Had you pegged all along. Thanks for proving most if not all my points.

So now my disability makes me a "poor baby"!

Was that a Clinical description or one made by someone who's been proven to just be a whiner?

By the way; your myopic vision obviously didn't allow you to see my inclusion of "a good day".

I'm not aware of any one who rides, who CARRIES their bike; maybe you have an example of someone doing so.

When I took my test for my license in TN many years ago, one requirement was to push the bike in a perfect figure 8 to show you could maintain control of the bike if it would not run. If you failed during that procedure you failed the test. There is no way someone with a 10 lb weight restriction could do that with any Harley.

So now my disability makes me a "poor baby"!

Was that a Clinical description or one made by someone who's been proven to just be a whiner?

By the way; your myopic vision obviously didn't allow you to see my inclusion of "a good day".

You are the one that decided to go off because I have stated that I don't like to see guys that are supposedly disabled out riding motorcycles when the rest of us are working to support them and take up the slack.

When I took my test for my license in TN many years ago, one requirement was to push the bike in a perfect figure 8 to show you could maintain control of the bike if it would not run. If you failed during that procedure you failed the test. There is no way someone with a 10 lb weight restriction could do that with any Harley.

Maybe in TN they consider it safer if drivers like you push their bikes, then actually ride them; but you'ld have to ask, because I've never heard of such a stupid fucking test.
Or maybe in TN, they don't allow kickstands.

Do you now why you should never push a chain?

You are the one that decided to go off because I have stated that I don't like to see guys that are supposedly disabled out riding motorcycles when the rest of us are working to support them and take up the slack.

But then; I'm not aware that you agreeing with or liking something, had anything to do with what anyone else does or decides.

Back