What is the meanest thing you've ever done to someone?

Pretty much the same here. I have been thinking about this, and I can't really come up with a truly mean thing that I have done intentionally. See, to me, taking the time to do something ugly means that I care enough about you to bother. Why waste time on someone I have no use for?

Although, I will say that my pet peeve is picking up a call and having the caller say "Who is this?". I launch.
I just say, "You called me, who do you want to talk to?"

Yep! Sometimes it takes a little bit of brutal honesty. It's not bitterness, it's just reality. She had a fiancee. What would happen had she kept calling you and trying to get some on the side while with her fiancee. You would have been an enabler to her vice.

addicts are another ball of wax. I wouldn't even take their $hit from my child. But I don't think a relationship with someone would warrant that kind of response to brain cancer at all. if you have good reason to think they are lying, then maybe that is something different, but if you know your ex had brain cancer and you couldn't muster a "I'm sorry to hear that I'll pray for you" or some kind of other encouragement, that's pretty weak.

addicts are another ball of wax. I wouldn't even take their $hit from my child. But I don't think a relationship with someone would warrant that kind of response to brain cancer at all. if you have good reason to think they are lying, then maybe that is something different, but if you know your ex had brain cancer and you couldn't muster a "I'm sorry to hear that I'll pray for you" or some kind of other encouragement, that's pretty weak.

But why would an ex just call out of the blue and say they have brain cancer? They are looking for a pity fuck... that's it.. lol

Have you had someone very close to you get cancer? I mean like a close friend or someone who you've had to really share experience with?

That's a fair statement. But unless they are family, you have to ask yourself, how they got into your life. I've always had a nack for avoiding crazy people. One crazy move and I'm outta there.

Yeah, I don’t have any of these stories either. Nobody I was with was ever that fucked up to begin with, so I guess that’s why the split would go a lot better.

Yep! Sometimes it takes a little bit of brutal honesty. It's not bitterness, it's just reality. She had a fiancee. What would happen had she kept calling you and trying to get some on the side while with her fiancee. You would have been an enabler to her vice.

They were together four years. If I was diagnosed with a terminal disease, I can see wanting to tell someone I used to love and who used to love me. I look at this totally differently.

I'd actually be offended and hurt if one of them didn't tell me and I found out 3rd or 4th hand.

But why would an ex just call out of the blue and say they have brain cancer? They are looking for a pity fuck... that's it.. lol

If you’ve ever really loved someone, and spent years with them, they will always be part of you and you them. It can be hard to fathom that this person shouldn’t know that you will no longer be in this world. I know that I have a couple of exes who I would want to know that.

And too, if you are facing death you may want to make amends, not die with any bad blood. Some people believe that carries over.

I'd actually be offended and hurt if one of them didn't tell me and I found out 3rd or 4th hand.

I have two exes who, if I read about their deaths in a newspaper, it would be a blow to me that I wouldn’t recover from right away.

They were together four years. If I was diagnosed with a terminal disease, I can see wanting to tell someone I used to love and who used to love me. I look at this totally differently.

To me, it just sounds like an excuse to get her foot back in the door. If it were an STD the right thing to do would be to call your ex-lovers, but something like a terminal illness, you would be doing more harm than good if you are currently with someone and started calling your ex's. Damo couldn't reverse her cancer or anything. Her current lover would most likely find it as an insult to his standing in her life.

If you’ve ever really loved someone, and spent years with them, they will always be part of you and you them. It can be hard to fathom that this person shouldn’t know that you will no longer be in this world. I know that I have a couple of exes who I would want to know that.

And too, if you are facing death you may want to make amends, not die with any bad blood. Some people believe that carries over.

Ok, I guess I can back off my statements, that makes more sense to me.

Have you had someone very close to you get cancer? I mean like a close friend or someone who you've had to really share experience with?

I've actually had someone tell me they had it and they didn't. The people that have gotten cancer were family members.

People, be careful. Epi's name is his to share not ours to give.

Since when? Where was I when this happend? How come no one told me? And I mean WTF - it USED to be his USERNAME it's not a big secret..lol

"Epi"... what's the deal sir?

Since when? Where was I when this happend? How come no one told me? And I mean WTF - it USED to be his USERNAME it's not a big secret..lol

"Epi"... what's the deal sir?
It was since he changed his username and made a big ole speech about how he wanted to not use that name anymore while online.

I find this a perfectly reasonable reaction to this person. When people lie to you to manipulate you there is no reason to ever trust them again. I would have assumed the Brain Cancer story was a lie. I think you acted with restraint Damo. You merely told here you were not the person to bring this information to.

For the first time EVER - DESH GETS GRIND POINTS.

+10

I have no idea how that happened. sometimes I'll copy what someone said and then write their name on it, but i didn't do it in this case.

Its probably Grind messing around trying to start another coup.

nope you're just retarded and don't know how to quote correctly... carry on

I would tell them too but it would be to guilt them and make them feel bad that they treated me like shit and now I have brain cancer.

Back