What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Tom Waits - Ice Cream Man (Closing Time Version)

Saw Tom Waits on his last tour a couple of yrs ago. You either get it and love his music or you hate him. I have a few favorites, Small Change, Alice and own all of his cds. Great stuff

When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off
You too, boy, if ya fuck with me
The police are gonna have to come and get me
Off yo' ass, that's how I'm goin' out
For the punk motherfuckers that's showin' out

The memorable words, there, of President Abraham Lincolns directed to the Confederate President, Jefferson Davis, following the collapse of the Peace Conference of 1861. Yes, old Abe could spit a rhyme with the best of them and, as even General Robert E. Lees admitted, “cuz be rockin' that hat like a fly motherfucker”. One still curses his decision to leave his gatt on the sideboard the day he went to the theatre.

You Americans have always liked your guns. A chap can quite understand that. You other Americans don't like guns quite so much. A chap can understand that as well. What I don't understand is the need to clutter up the board with three billion threads laboriously detailing why the Second Amendment is inviolable or not, in between calling each other idiots, of course. I can understand one or two, five or six even, but there are just so, so, many of them. Everywhere. I swear I saw two of them breeding by the entrance to APP this morning. What can there possibly be left to say to each other that hasn't already been said a thousand times already?

Some of us have real concerns you know. For example, my neighbour, in his infinite wisdom, has chosen to erect, what can only be described as, 'a big face' in his garden. A big plastic face. Nailed to a tree it is. Looking at me. Firstly, who the fuck buys big plastic faces? (yes, my neighbour, obviously) Secondly, when did big plastic faces become acceptable garden decorations? I'm not entirely unreasonable. I would, grudgingly, accommodate a gnome or, perhaps, a small collection of decorated stone hedgehogs in a selection of amusing poses, but a cove has to draw a line somewhere. With Neville Chamberlains it was the invasion of Poland. For this discontented cove it is opening one's blinds of a morning, only to behold that gawping cellulose countenance, daring me to go all Abraham Lincolns on its ass.

I bid you Good Morning.

Daft Punk – 'Face to Face'

The memorable words, there, of President Abraham Lincolns directed to the Confederate President, Jefferson Davis, following the collapse of the Peace Conference of 1861. Yes, old Abe could spit a rhyme with the best of them and, as even General Robert E. Lees admitted, “cuz be rockin' that hat like a fly motherfucker”. One still curses his decision to leave his gatt on the sideboard the day he went to the theatre.

You Americans have always liked your guns. A chap can quite understand that. You other Americans don't like guns quite so much. A chap can understand that as well. What I don't understand is the need to clutter up the board with three billion threads laboriously detailing why the Second Amendment is inviolable or not, in between calling each other idiots, of course. I can understand one or two, five or six even, but there are just so, so, many of them. Everywhere. I swear I saw two of them breeding by the entrance to APP this morning. What can there possibly be left to say to each other that hasn't already been said a thousand times already?

Some of us have real concerns you know. For example, my neighbour, in his infinite wisdom, has chosen to erect, what can only be described as, 'a big face' in his garden. A big plastic face. Nailed to a tree it is. Looking at me. Firstly, who the fuck buys big plastic faces? (yes, my neighbour, obviously) Secondly, when did big plastic faces become acceptable garden decorations? I'm not entirely unreasonable. I would, grudgingly, accommodate a gnome or, perhaps, a small collection of decorated stone hedgehogs in a selection of amusing poses, but a cove has to draw a line somewhere. With Neville Chamberlains it was the invasion of Poland. For this discontented cove it is opening one's blinds of a morning, only to behold that gawping cellulose countenance, daring me to go all Abraham Lincolns on its ass.

I bid you Good Morning.

Have you met 007 yet? He is an ex-pat now living in Boston but originally from Huddersfield, I think?? Such a nice chap, he has just come back from a a two month ban.

I bid you Good Morning.

LOL Perfect.

So true too, I have been talking about this with Christie and Rana off board...not your neighbor's face of course. But the proliferation of gun threads. Every single person here (of those who insist on posting to them) says the same thing on every single one of them. It's ridiculous. The only small amusement I get out of it all is watching other righties try and pretend that STY isn't bugfucking nuts and imagining their faces if he moved in next door to them.

Back