What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Ahhh...My late condolences...

I realised that the anniversary of my father's death passed unnoticed for the first time this year. I miss him...

Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years

So I dedicate... 'I Did It My Way'...Frank Sinatra version to your Pappa!

I realised that the anniversary of my father's death passed unnoticed for the first time this year. I miss him...

Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years

A milestone in grief, you begin to only remember their lives and not just the moments surrounding their last times.

Heres to your dad who was a Good enough man to leave you with great memmories, were it that all fathers were this accomplished.

My condolences.

It is Bastille Day today.

C'est magnifique ne pas? That's French you know. Oh yes, quite the culture vulture, what?

Anyway, for those who are unaware of our Gallic cousin's exploits, back in the day, i shall elaborate. Apparently, some Frenchies had a little disagreement with the King and so, with no bunch of flowers and fawning apology forthcoming, the Frenchies decided to storm the local prison, or federal penitentiary, if you prefer.

According to Wikipedia “When the crowd proved to be a fair match for the fort's defenders, the commander of the Bastille, Governor de Launay, capitulated”. Well there's a fucking turn up for the books.

'Hiding on the Staircase' – New Young Pony Club

WANTED
Large yellow ball of gas. Answers to the name 'Sun'. Last seen early May. Generous reward offered. All help gratefully received.

'Don't Steal Our Sun' – The Thrills

Dastardly Russians. Veiled threats. Checkpoint Charlie. Double-cross. Expelled diplomats. “I expect you to die Mr Bond”. Marvellous.

Welcome to Britain's new Cold War.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6902046.stm

Here we are, waiting for Mr Poot to retaliate against Britain's somewhat extreme overreaction to the export of State sponsored murder on the streets of London by chucking out four Russian diplomats, some say spies. I'm sure it was an easy mistake to make, what with Polonium-210 looking almost identical to a common or garden tea-bag and usually stored in hotel restaurant tea-pots. Doh!

Good job we have friends in the international community to stand by us...hello...er...they were shoulder to shoulder with us a minute ago. Never mind they'll probably turn up later.

'Radiation Vibe' – Fountains of Wayne

Closing out the night with...

"Time is on my Side'...original by Tracy Nelson...covered by the 'Rolling Stones'...later on and mo betta..dedicated to all ya liberal wimps..from me to you!

It turns out our new Home Secretary, Jacqui Smith, has more in common with AnyOldIron than anyone thought. No, she's not fully equipped with the old 'meat and two veg' but she liked a smoke of drugs.

"I did break the law... I was wrong... drugs are wrong," Ms Smith, 44, said.

I knew there was something shifty about her and knowing she was injecting cannabis smoke into her veins explains a lot, not least the stupid spelling of her name. However, minor indiscretions some 25 years past should not be held against her now she'd probably back the death sentence for users of skunks, L.E.D. and paracetamol. We forgive you Jacqui, and i for one would never stand for you being labelled a drug addled hypocritical cow.

'Planet of Weed' - Fountains of Wayne

Childline are apparently preparing for an avalanche of calls from children, distraught at the expected death of a "key character" in the final book of the Harry Potter series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6907677.stm

So, if you're at your wits end about the death of a fictional character just pick up the phone to contact a counsellor who, with any luck, will tell you to "grow up you spoiled little shit, it's a fucking book". However, if you're content to congest the phonelines with trivial whingeing while children being abused by their parents or bullied into suicide are attempting to get through, then you just go ahead you selfish snivelling waste of space.

Is this what my grandfather fought and died for, at the hands of the Assyrians, in the Battle of Goose Green?

I think not and i shall bid you Good Day.

'Suicidal Thoughts' - Notorious B.I.G.

Childline are apparently preparing for an avalanche of calls from children, distraught at the expected death of a "key character" in the final book of the Harry Potter series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6907677.stm

So, if you're at your wits end about the death of a fictional character just pick up the phone to contact a counsellor who, with any luck, will tell you to "grow up you spoiled little shit, it's a fucking book". However, if you're content to congest the phonelines with trivial whingeing while children being abused by their parents or bullied into suicide are attempting to get through, then you just go ahead you selfish snivelling waste of space.

Is this what my grandfather fought and died for, at the hands of the Assyrians, in the Battle of Goose Green?

I think not and i shall bid you Good Day.

'Suicidal Thoughts' - Notorious B.I.G.

I am starting to look forward to these posts.

Back