What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z97Ht_8k8P8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

It made me cry Damo.

Calling all disciples of the deficit, enthusiasts of endogenous growth theory and dedicated followers of fiscal fashions. The appointed day has arrived for it am Budget Day.

Will UK plc meet its targets for industrial growth? Will projected borrowing targets set last year be met? Does this Inheritance Tax threshold make me look fat? Did my GDP used to be a man?

AlistairDarling.jpg

Chancellor Alistair Darling: tipped to reduce sales taxes on black marker pens

All poignant questions which will, probably, be discussed round a "water cooler" by some extraordinarily grey people from accounts. No, let them have their fun for tomorrow it will be back to the cut and thrust of paper-clip requisitions and frozen peas.

However, for the average gentleman on the Clapham omnibus, the real meat lies in the booze and the fags. Personally, i only have two vices smoking and masturbation. For my sins i am a forty a day man...wait for it...and i smoke like a chimney.

Do not fret health watchdogs that was merely a joke funny. I do not smoke the cigarette, which is just as well as they will soon be one hundred pounds a packet. No, my concerns lie elsewhere, namely the demon drink. Hopefully the cruelly overlooked wines and spirits market will bear the tax burden for once, leaving beer to frolic and gambol in the fields once more.

'Strapped For Cash' - Fountains of Wayne

Calling all disciples of the deficit, enthusiasts of endogenous growth theory and dedicated followers of fiscal fashions. The appointed day has arrived for it am Budget Day.

Will UK plc meet its targets for industrial growth? Will projected borrowing targets set last year be met? Does this Inheritance Tax threshold make me look fat? Did my GDP used to be a man?

AlistairDarling.jpg

Chancellor Alistair Darling: tipped to reduce sales taxes on black marker pens

All poignant questions which will, probably, be discussed round a "water cooler" by some extraordinarily grey people from accounts. No, let them have their fun for tomorrow it will be back to the cut and thrust of paper-clip requisitions and frozen peas.

However, for the average gentleman on the Clapham omnibus, the real meat lies in the booze and the fags. Personally, i only have two vices smoking and masturbation. For my sins i am a forty a day man...wait for it...and i smoke like a chimney.

Do not fret health watchdogs that was merely a joke funny. I do not smoke the cigarette, which is just as well as they will soon be one hundred pounds a packet. No, my concerns lie elsewhere, namely the demon drink. Hopefully the cruelly overlooked wines and spirits market will bear the tax burden for once, leaving beer to frolic and gambol in the fields once more.

'Strapped For Cash' - Fountains of Wayne

lololololololol - forty a day :clink:

They frigging well privatised the Clapham omnibus. Bastards. Does the 53 still go over Westminster Bridge or have they stuffed that up too?

Jeez if beer goes up even more I'll have to postpone the trip. Bad enough with our dollar against the quid but if I can't get a pint of decent bitter (better make that ten pints) without having to go out and deal drugs for the loot then I'll have to go somewhere else again.

Snowed Under - Keane

lololololololol - forty a day :clink:

They frigging well privatised the Clapham omnibus. Bastards. Does the 53 still go over Westminster Bridge or have they stuffed that up too?

Jeez if beer goes up even more I'll have to postpone the trip. Bad enough with our dollar against the quid but if I can't get a pint of decent bitter (better make that ten pints) without having to go out and deal drugs for the loot then I'll have to go somewhere else again.

Snowed Under - Keane

4p on a pint of beer, 14p on a bottle of wine, 55p on a bottle of spirits.

All this in the name of curbing the spectre of "teenage binge-drinking". Hitting them hard, there. Despite the fact that pissed-up teenagers are not generally found in the pubs but in public spaces causing a bloody nuisance with booze they've bought from offies, some say bottle shops.

The young shavers drink of choice, the super-strength jumbo bottle of cider, manages to attract a punitive tax rise of three, yes, three pence a litre.

"i was willing to pay just under three quid for a three litre bottle, of something which smelled and tasted a little like turps, but once it goes over three pounds i'm giving up boozing and starting that accountancy course", one eleven year old told me yesterday. Temperance Britain is merely a matter of time.

I can't help you with the number 53 bus, i'm afraid. As a northern monkey i'm not a frequent visitor to that there London village. With the privatised train network's prices continuing their vertical climb into orbit, i find it is cheaper to hop on a plane to Rome, Madrid or Athens.

Er...'Special Brew' - Bad Manners

49 Percent - Royksopp

The 53 bus does still run from Woolwich to Whitehall, when I lived in New Cross I got it regular like.

Reverend LB?

I suppose, being Easter and all, this is a timely resurrection from the cyber grave. It has been a long time, no?

Damo, if you're reading this, get yourself down the obese calf emporium, pick a nice plump one and make haste with the slaughter. In the, ultimately fruitless, words of Colin Welland - "The British are coming".

3D's theme song!

'Achy Breaky Heart'...Billy Ray Cyrus

[ame]www.mtv.com/overdrive/?vid=69892[/ame]

Sorry could not get the youtube version to play in here!

Reverend LB?

I suppose, being Easter and all, this is a timely resurrection from the cyber grave. It has been a long time, no?

Damo, if you're reading this, get yourself down the obese calf emporium, pick a nice plump one and make haste with the slaughter. In the, ultimately fruitless, words of Colin Welland - "The British are coming".
Yeah, I noticed. Our prodigal has returned.

Hello guys - hope life has been treating you well, I see that fullpolitics is now officially dead apart from Midcan talking to himself.

That makes it two politics sites we have seen the back of, well, lets see how this one works, must say, I love the format!

Charver - how is life and ting? Have you enjoyed this year of our Gord? I must say, life has been a bit hectic in my line of work since August last year, that plus child plus house move plus another house move has left precious little time for setting the world to rights on politics websites.

Hello guys - hope life has been treating you well, I see that fullpolitics is now officially dead apart from Midcan talking to himself.

That makes it two politics sites we have seen the back of, well, lets see how this one works, must say, I love the format!

Charver - how is life and ting? Have you enjoyed this year of our Gord? I must say, life has been a bit hectic in my line of work since August last year, that plus child plus house move plus another house move has left precious little time for setting the world to rights on politics websites.

Hey, word up Rev! Nice to hear from "the other Brit." :clink:

Two Brits and an Aussie. Sounds like the title to a bad movie.

So we have Two Brits, one Aussie, and two Canadians....

We're getting positively flush with internationals...

:D

Back