Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
your oline almost got the QB killed several times last year, I expect a first time starter with a few sanps under his belt will be on his back early and often. And not just when LSU does it.
you will be lucky to beat Auburn and Ark.

your oline almost got the QB killed several times last year, I expect a first time starter with a few sanps under his belt will be on his back early and often. And not just when LSU does it.

I had to go back a ways to find this, but in August of '09 you talked about McElroy the same way.

"and your QB with ZERO starts is going to go on the road in the SEC and beat two top ten teams. OK got it.".

Last year they tried to turn Bama into a passing team, and were killed for it. We will be back to the run game heavy, and pass enough to keep the secondary from blitzing. The offense will be fine.

Our D is what will win the NC. Did you see what they did against Michigan State? Everyone is finally healthy and ready to kick ass. Ark might be a little bit of a problem. Auburn is no sweat.

Ark would not shock me to win it all, their QB is capbable of being better than Mallet.

We smoke the much respected Texas A&M, and yes you smoked the little ten fraud like you should have.

The loss will be painfull to either of us whoever wins, I'm not over confident that we will even beat Oregon who averaged 500yrds of offense and has the QB and Hiesman contender RB back.

Ark would not shock me to win it all, their QB is capbable of being better than Mallet.

We smoke the much respected Texas A&M, and yes you smoked the little ten fraud like you should have.

The loss will be painfull to either of us whoever wins, I'm not over confident that we will even beat Oregon who averaged 500yrds of offense and has the QB and Hiesman contender RB back.

The loss will hurt either of us, you are right about that. I think ya'll will beat Oregon. They put up monster numbers on offense, but not against SEC caliber defenses. Auburn's defense killed them, and the aubbies didn't have anything close to a typical SEC defense.

47 days until the Crimson Tide's 2011 season begins.

Ok, so Kent State isn't exactly the toughest opponent....

I'm jonesing for some football!!!!

I think our pass D will be excellent. Lester had the most interceptions in the SEC (2nd in the nation) last year, and Mark Barron is one of the best safeties in the nation. Throw deep at your own peril.

I read an interesting quote this morning: "Well, the next time you hear talk about how a team has to have an experienced quarterback, strike back with this nugget: Three of the past four - and five of the past nine - national champions have had first-year starters at quarterback."

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1241203

I read an interesting quote this morning: "Well, the next time you hear talk about how a team has to have an experienced quarterback, strike back with this nugget: Three of the past four - and five of the past nine - national champions have had first-year starters at quarterback."

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1241203

Good luck with that, can it happend obviously
Given a choice any coach would take a 3 year starter over a first year

Good luck with that, can it happend obviously
Given a choice any coach would take a 3 year starter over a first year

Well duh, but considering that at the end of that 3 years you have to get a new one, every coach will have to have new starters.

And I'm not sure any coach would take a 3 year starter over a first year. There are QBs out there who have started but never managed to become really top level QBs.

I like watching top flight RB better than QB's. Latimore was a beast last year and Richardson has been for two.
Richardson should be a Hiesman candidate.

Anyone see the cover of the SEC Media Guide?

I thought it was excellent!!

Alright, here's who I'd LOVE to see there... Tennessee. Here's who we'll see there... Bama. I bleed orange, and I cry orange, too. When in God's Holy Name are we going to get some damn recruits? I guess we're going to wind up the Cleveland Browns of college ball.

Alright, here's who I'd LOVE to see there... Tennessee. Here's who we'll see there... Bama. I bleed orange, and I cry orange, too. When in God's Holy Name are we going to get some damn recruits? I guess we're going to wind up the Cleveland Browns of college ball.

TN will be back. It just takes time and they fell at a bad time. The SEC started loading up (and spending money) on high quality coaches who could recruit. Dooley will be an excellent coach. But when you are recruiting against Saban, Myers, Spurrier, Miles and Tubberville its hard to nail down the best players. Add in that the Volunteers have had a rough couple of years, while other teams in the SEC have been winning championships, and it gets worse.

When things settle, TN will be winning most off its games. Ya'll will still lose to Bama (love the 3rd saturday in Oct.), but if someone would count the players on the field, you would have already beaten LSU.

Back