Why retiring at 65 could become a thing of the past

CFM is such a dumb fucking hillbilly hick he responds to people who can't even see what shit he's puking.

I grew up in a working class family with two working parents. Neighbors with stay-at-home moms made a decent living with one working parent, but they usually had less than we did. We had air-conditioning (but not at my school).

I had friends and family where both had to work to eat.

I had friends and family where both had to work to eat.

I knew families like that also. So, it is nothing new which was my original point--life has always been like that. But today we have welfare, food stamps, unemployment compensation, educational grants, housing assistance, EITC, to make it easier.

I knew families like that also. So, it is nothing new which was my original point--life has always been like that. But today we have welfare, food stamps, unemployment compensation, educational grants, housing assistance, EITC, to make it easier.

You are clueless to how that works!Welfare that you assume people get ended with the Newt Revolution,without kids,you get a few foodstamps.
Unemployment is only for those,laidoff,not for those who quit or got fired.House assistance is for few!
Why do you think we have millions of homeless!

You are clueless to how that works!Welfare that you assume people get ended with the Newt Revolution,without kids,you get a few foodstamps.
Unemployment is only for those,laidoff,not for those who quit or got fired.House assistance is for few!

The point was that many of these programs did not exist until the 1960's and people who could not make ends meet did not have this assistance.

Welfare did not end, it required a person to work after collecting for two years but it made many exceptions and often uses rather loose interpretations for "work."

Of course people don't get unemployment if they quit or get fired (with exceptions).

You do not have to have kids to get food stamps. You may be able to get SNAP benefits if you are:
Working for low wages or working part-time;
Unemployed;
Receiving welfare or other public assistance payments;
Elderly or disabled and are low-income; or
Homeless.
The average SNAP household received $256 a month or $127 person.

Number of people receiving:

SNAP (food stamps): 36 million
TANF (welfare): 3.1 million
Housing assistance: 10.4 million
WIC: 13.9 million
EITC: 22 million
SSI: 8.3 million
Social Security Retirement: 65 million
free school lunch program: 20.2 million
Medicaid: 74 million

There are 128 federal programs for low income. If you cannot make ends meet these programs will certainly help in that regard which people did not have many years ago.

No, individuals ought to be voluntarily charitable, not extorted to by force of government. Religion has nothing to do with government redistribution of wealth. Aren't you liberals always carrying on about separation of church and state?

The secular Humanists have voted to 'Love our Neighbors'. You could always go somewhere else and start your own Country though.

The point was that many of these programs did not exist until the 1960's and people who could not make ends meet did not have this assistance.

Welfare did not end, it required a person to work after collecting for two years but it made many exceptions and often uses rather loose interpretations for "work."

Of course people don't get unemployment if they quit or get fired (with exceptions).

You do not have to have kids to get food stamps. You may be able to get SNAP benefits if you are:
Unemployed;
Homeless.

There are 128 federal programs for low income. If you cannot make ends meet these programs will certainly help in that regard which people did not have many years ago.

If there are all these wonderful programs,how come there are millions of homeless,millions more living in cars!You're naive to the plight of the American underclasses.

Unemployed;
Homeless.

Those Welfare figures are people with kids.

When I retired at 66, it was just a retirement from working for the man, for me personally.

There is a new boss in town- and that's me. Now, I'm the boss, and if I want to sleep till noon, I will, and then get up and make more money, in my underwear, than I ever thought possible. I make money in my sleep now anyway. Making money is fun now.

Here is what you need to know- if you are 66 years old or older, and you still have your great healthy condition- YOU ARE ALREADY RICH!

Because if you are old, sick, and dying- NOT EVEN A FORTUNE COULD SAVE YOU!

You people take care of yourselves now- Hear?

Last edited:

That's a lot of food stamps for the $1.1 trillion spent on social welfare between federal, state, and local levels.

Is that why billions and billions are spent on low income housing each year?

I know why there are millions of homeless. People like you that CLAIM to have concern for them refuse to bring them into YOUR homes. Instead of personally doing what you say should be done, you support ways of taxing someone else.

yes

because I studied and got educated and figured out how to do what I needed to make my retirement solid

save save save and live very sparsely until I could buy a house (at fucking 11 percent interest)

and do everything I could to fix it up

I then saved saved saved and lived very sparsely to do it again

rented one and lived I the other

then max out the 401k with as much as I could do

refinanced when the rates went real low

and now both houses are nearly paid off and worth nearly triple of WHAT PAID FOR THEM

I have found the average person who votes right like my parents did have no idea how finances work

they think wealthy people must be brilliant for getting so wealthy

truth is it more about what they started with

but the wealthy sure think they are smarter

they are not

they are mostly inflated egos

No one that understands how finances work buys a house at 11% interest. So much for your claims.

The secular Humanists have voted to 'Love our Neighbors'. You could always go somewhere else and start your own Country though.

The secular Humanists have voted for someone else to pay for the love you claim to have. If you truly believed what you said, it wouldn't involve a vote, it would involve you personally providing for those you claim to love.

CFM is such a dumb fucking hillbilly hick he responds to people who can't even see what shit he's puking.

Nomad is so inferior that when his superiors demand he prove he's a coward, he immediately does it.

Do it again, boy. I command you.

Back