Why retiring at 65 could become a thing of the past

I've asked him to tell me his future income stream, he's failed to answer the question. (Am I to guess that CFM is ALSO a 'Mechanical Engineer') :laugh:

That's where you made a mistake. You don't ask me those types of questions. You aren't to the level in life to be able to do that. If I want you to know, I'll tell you.

That's where you made a mistake. You don't ask me those types of questions. You aren't to the level in life to be able to do that. If I want you to know, I'll tell you.

Thank You. You've answered the Question.

Oh, I get it. You're another Micawber type nigger lover that uses the "because I said so" argument.

I PM'd you specific directions where you could come and see the proof in person. When are you going to show?

:laugh:

I rest my case. You're not the first one that got those directions and ran like a pussy. LV got the same ones after claiming he would do all sorts of things if we met face to face. Haven't had a response from him since getting them.

If there are all these wonderful programs,how come there are millions of homeless,millions more living in cars!You're naive to the plight of the American underclasses.

If you think governmental programs can solve these problems you are the naive one.

"Los Angeles officials are bracing for the release of a report that’s likely to show little or no progress in reining in homelessness, despite the $619 million they spent last year to grapple with the crisis."

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-homeless-housing-count-20190511-story.html

If you think governmental programs can solve these problems you are the naive one.

"Los Angeles officials are bracing for the release of a report that’s likely to show little or no progress in reining in homelessness, despite the $619 million they spent last year to grapple with the crisis."

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-homeless-housing-count-20190511-story.html

Did I ever say government programs were the answer?
Bandaid for some at best.

Say at age 20 you make $30,000/yr ($2500/mo) and pay 6.2% of your income into a fund matched by your employer, and continue this practice until you retire at age 65. After 45 years in a slight risk investment (and with a 45 year term it is almost inconceivable that a "slight risk" investment would have any risk), earning 7%, you would have slightly under $1.2 million in the bank. (Let's forget inflation here because we will assume that your raises would at least keep up with inflation.) At that time, you would transition to a lower risk investment, and at a yield of 5%, never touching the principle, you would be able to draw $4900 in interest per month upon retirement. That's almost twice your pre-retirement income.

Plus, that money could be left to your heirs and government does not have the burden of pay SS benefits.

That would be the ideal solution. Some of our liberal posters don't like the idea that stock brokers would make some money despite the worker being better off.

Back