Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on, Mott. I have posted many, many times condemning racism, the use of the military for bullshit reason, and the lack of investment in infrastructure.

I have condemned the elected officials in the south and elsewhere for many, many reasons.

What I have not done is feed the stereotype and consider it factual.
You have personally called out the excesses of Southern radical politicans on many occasions and been vilified for it by the Dixies of this board and my post is not an attack on you personally but you still see the validity of my point. Many Southerners say the same thing as you but still these same radicalized politicians in the south continue to get elected. Why is that? Help me to understand.

hey needledick ,

you are insane.

go get help

you are delusional.

You live in a world that is NOT real.

you live in a bubble.

the country is NOT what you think it is.

step out into the REAL USA and get your ass back into the melting pot.

You see when your a melting pot country that does not mean only the new people go into the pot.

It means we forever live in a pot and forever are exchanging with the contents of the pot.

If that sounds scary to you then GET THE FUCK OUT

you are only one tiny speck in the pot.

live with democracy or get the fuck OUT
Ignore the silly rabbit Desh....were trying to have a serious conversation here and he's just trying to hijack it. Don't help him please.

You have personally called out the excesses of Southern radical politicans on many occasions and been vilified for it by the Dixies of this board and my post is not an attack on you personally but you still see the validity of my point. Many Southerners say the same thing as you but still these same radicalized politicians in the south continue to get elected. Why is that? Help me to understand.

For the same reasons that DY vilifies the Log Cabin Republicans. For the same reason people of any radical political stripe condemn those who disagree with them. It is not about the truth. It is not even about what is best for the nation. It is about their narrow view and about their party beating the other one, regardless of the effect on the nation.

For the same reasons that DY vilifies the Log Cabin Republicans. For the same reason people of any radical political stripe condemn those who disagree with them. It is not about the truth. It is not even about what is best for the nation. It is about their narrow view and about their party beating the other one, regardless of the effect on the nation.
Is it that partisan that they don't care about self interest? I vote mostly on the basis of self interest but not narrowly so. Often what is best for the majority is also in my self interest and often there are narrow interest that are in my interest but not for the many, I often vote down both lines and across party lines. Is ideology or belonging to a group so important in the South that they are willing to forgo their own best interest as it appears they often do?

Ignore the silly rabbit Desh....were trying to have a serious conversation here and he's just trying to hijack it. Don't help him please.

And here's the Marxist Hopel spewing out more of his progressive bullsh*t pulling out the race card on one of his enemies.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?53105-Pat-Buchannan-is-a-raciist

Hopel thinks this strategy in the name of his communist social justice mantra will immediately shut his enemies up ever believing in his narcissistic moral relevant superiority.

He's wrong when it comes to me. He's seriously miscalculating all who have bought into his act but now know better.

And here's football boy again sucking up and exchanging with his progressive peer and Marxist roommate, The Hopel again.

Does one ever wonder why his rap ore with this Marxist is always so smooth and agreeable?

This is the same statist progressive who has told me that he has soooo many conservative positions ala the "right leaning" Democrat newbie here with his grandma's southern recipes.

This is the same progressive who always gets thanks on his post from the forum leftists.

hey needledick ,

you are insane.

go get help

you are delusional.

You live in a world that is NOT real.

you live in a bubble.

the country is NOT what you think it is.

step out into the REAL USA and get your ass back into the melting pot.

You see when your a melting pot country that does not mean only the new people go into the pot.

It means we forever live in a pot and forever are exchanging with the contents of the pot.

If that sounds scary to you then GET THE FUCK OUT

you are only one tiny speck in the pot.

live with democracy or get the fuck OUT

And through computer nurturing, through communist indoctrinating in college, through hippy morals taught by mommy from the Woodstock mud hole, through feminist Jersey Shore power politics, we get this vile creature of collectivism, this morally relevant, baby killing, boy to queer manufacturing assembly line progressive twit from somewhere out in the liberal burbs.

These leftist birds of a feather always flock together and they are always knowing of their liberal mob mentalities when they press on for their victories at any and all costs. The ends justifies the means by any measures is the standard rule for these progressive nihilists.

And here's football boy again sucking up and exchanging with his progressive peer and Marxist roommate, The Hopel again.

Does one ever wonder why his rap ore with this Marxist is always so smooth and agreeable?

This is the same statist progressive who has told me that he has soooo many conservative positions ala the "right leaning" Democrat newbie here with his grandma's southern recipes.

This is the same progressive who always gets thanks on his post from the forum leftists.

Oh look! More name-calling and still no real facts or discussion. What a surprise!

Oh look! More name-calling and still no real facts or discussion. What a surprise!
Ignore him WB.

I think that there is a certain amount of self immolation in the south. The slave era trapped Southern cuture in a backward spiral that was ended by the civil war when the North enforced certain northern values upon the South. I think to this day the South still rejects those values in a manner that is self defeating as these values are superior values.

Take education for example. Universal public education and it's liberal support is one of the major cornerstone of our nations success in becoming the worlds major super power. Universal public education is one of our nations singular most important accomplishments. Yet many Southerners still hold the value that education is a private, personal and optional matter and not a public matter. The souths rejection of the Norths value of public education and its insistence on an archaic belief system about public education is a major lead anchor around the neck of the South which gives it a well earned reputation for academic backwardness.

Last edited:
I wanted to make Philly into a Southern straw man, but if he doesn't even like football, then I just can't do it.

Luckily, Jersey sucks, too.

Ignore him WB.

I think that there is a certain amount of self immolation in the south. The slave era trapped Southern cuture in a backward spiral that was ended by the civil war when the North enforced certain northern values upon the South. I think to this day the South still rejects those values in a manner that is self defeating as these values are superior values.

Take education for example. Universal public education and it's liberal support is one of the major cornerstone of our nations success in becoming the worlds major super power. Universal public education is one of our nations singular most important accomplishments. Yet many Southerners still hold the value that education is a private, personal and optional matter and not a public matter. The souths rejection of the Norths value of public education and its insistence on an archaic belief system about public education is a major lead anchor around the neck of the South which gives it a well earned reputation for academic backwardness.

And here we have the Hopel pimping his world imperialism and his delightful blend of industrialism and Marxism so prevalent on Wall Street, the worst kept secret of it's existence of being the nerve center of the American empire. The Hopel's world Marxist dream of secularism and his desperate claim of ownership of the country's public educational system which is used to produce the Hopels of America, ever the moral relativists and nihilists and gate keepers of the American Imperial empire which is imploding before the world's eyes with it's industrial base gone, overrun by third world immigrants, and constantly at war somewhere in the world with a military Hopel's government wont allow the promise of victory.

Hopel's celebration of the American republic that was turned into an empire by greedy men is now demonstrating why his head in the sand mentality and his narcissistic nihilism promotes his false mantra of progressivism / Marxism as the savior of the western world against all freedom loving constitutionalists that he simply dismisses while the progressive ship he launched continues to sink beneath the waves.

Last edited:
And here we have the Hopel pimping his world imperialism and his delightful blend of industrialism and Marxism so prevalent on Wall Street, the worst kept secret of it's existence of being the nerve center of the American empire. The Hopel's world Marxist dream of secularism and his desperate claim of ownership of the country's public educational system which is used to produce the Hopels of America, ever the moral relativists and nihilists and gate keepers of the American Imperial empire which is imploding before the world's eyes with it's industrial base gone, overrun by third world immigrants, and constantly at war somewhere in the world with a military Hopel's government wont allow the promise of victory.

Hopel's celebration of the American republic that was turned into an empire by greedy men is now demonstrating why his head in the sand mentality and his narcissistic nihilism promotes his false mantra of progressivism / Marxism as the savior of the western world against all freedom loving constitutionalists that he simply dismisses while the progressive ship he launched continues to sink beneath the waves.

Ok, I am trying to have some sort of discussion or discourse with you. But you continue to simply spout accusations without basis.

Would you care to tell me which of the points Mott made in his last post were inaccurate? Would you care to discuss what the south needs or doesn't need?

I am trying to get you to actually debate. Because if you can't, you aren't worth my time and will be ignored.

Ok, I am trying to have some sort of discussion or discourse with you. But you continue to simply spout accusations without basis.

Would you care to tell me which of the points Mott made in his last post were inaccurate? Would you care to discuss what the south needs or doesn't need?

I am trying to get you to actually debate. Because if you can't, you aren't worth my time and will be ignored.

Grandma's southern recipes goes here,

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Off-Topic-Forum

Football goes here,

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Sports-Hobbies-amp-Pictures

I'm not the one who's trolling this thread. You and your fellow progressive topic starter have been trolling this thread.

The topic is about the southern problem and what to do about it. This is a current events news and politics board, not a social networking board.

Tell me now exactly who these ignorant rednecks are.

Last edited:
Grandma's southern recipes goes here,

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Off-Topic-Forum

Football goes here,

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Sports-Hobbies-amp-Pictures

I'm not the one who's trolling this thread. You and your fellow progressive topic starter have been trolling this thread.

The topic is about the southern problem and what to do about it. This is a current events news and politics board, not a social networking board.

Tell me now exactly who these ignorant rednecks are.

No, you answer my questions first. You have made repeated accusations about what I believe and what I think, but you have provided no evidence to support your claims.

Let me make it easier for you. I'll list a few topics and you tell me what I believe or my opinion on them. You have had no problem posting what you claim I believe, so you have no excuse. Besides, I will keep to topics that I have posted on in these forums.

1) What do I think of the IRS and what is my preferred taxation plan?

2) Do I put more value on individual rights or the "common good"?

3) What is my stance on the 2nd Amendment?

4) What is my stance on the separation of church and state?

There are 4 simple questions. If you know me as well as you claim, it should be easy to answer them.

No, you answer my questions first. You have made repeated accusations about what I believe and what I think, but you have provided no evidence to support your claims.

Let me make it easier for you. I'll list a few topics and you tell me what I believe or my opinion on them. You have had no problem posting what you claim I believe, so you have no excuse. Besides, I will keep to topics that I have posted on in these forums.

1) What do I think of the IRS and what is my preferred taxation plan?

2) Do I put more value on individual rights or the "common good"?

3) What is my stance on the 2nd Amendment?

4) What is my stance on the separation of church and state?

There are 4 simple questions. If you know me as well as you claim, it should be easy to answer them.

No I wont answer your question first, you progressive communist bastard you until you tell me who the ignorant rednecks are who have been the center hate theme of this entire thread in between grandma's southern recipes and your stupid football.

I know who they are and where they're from and where they settled in America.

Now who are they?

I have to leave now but later when I have time, I'll come back here and go into detail. I will explain exactly why these so called ignorant rednecks are your arch enemies with you being a progressive statist.

No I wont answer your question first, you progressive communist bastard you until you tell me who the ignorant rednecks are who have been the center hate theme of this entire thread in between grandma's southern recipes and your stupid football.

Now who are they?

I have to leave now but later when I have time, I'll come back here and go into detail. I will explain exactly why these so called ignorant rednecks are your arch enemies with you being a progressive statist.

Since the point of the discourse between us has been your idiotic insistence that you know my political beliefs, my questions are quite valid.

And the "ignorant rednecks" to which I referred are the ignorant, racist, fools who want to blame everyone else for their lack of success. They claim the blacks & mexicans took their jobs, the jews run the world, and that the gov't is out to get them. They see the south as a victim in the civil war. They think a return to the antibellum world would make them a "somebody", and if the south could secede they would be set for life.

Now, answer those 4 simple questions of mine. In your posts you repeatedly call me a marxist, global collectivist ect ect ect, so you THINK you know what I believe.

Answer them and we'll continue our little chat.

Now who are they?

Also, my comment about "ignorant rednecks" is certainly not the central theme of this thread. The first time I mentioned "ignorant rednecks" was on page 25 of this thread. There were 362 posts before that.

I made a simple joke about football, and you have to go ballistic. So I called you on it. Deal with it.

Unless you want to retract what you have said about me or answer those 4 simple questions, I am tired of your baseless rants and nonsense. You are clueless about the south. You are clueless about what would happen if the south seceded. And you haven't got the balls to actually discuss or debate an issue.

So pony up the info/answers, or keep trolling while I ignore you. I'm betting you will choose the cowards way and be ignored.

Also, my comment about "ignorant rednecks" is certainly not the central theme of this thread. The first time I mentioned "ignorant rednecks" was on page 25 of this thread. There were 362 posts before that.

I made a simple joke about football, and you have to go ballistic. So I called you on it. Deal with it.

Unless you want to retract what you have said about me or answer those 4 simple questions, I am tired of your baseless rants and nonsense. You are clueless about the south. You are clueless about what would happen if the south seceded. And you haven't got the balls to actually discuss or debate an issue.

So pony up the info/answers, or keep trolling while I ignore you. I'm betting you will choose the cowards way and be ignored.
Well don't just talk about ignoring silly rabbit WB...do it! LOL

Now what about the points I was making? :)

Back