Other Forums Sent Me Here.

I haven't noticed any overt racism and bigotry in my in-laws, almost all of whom are Trump supporters. But I don't mention politics to them any more either.
It is the rule with my family. We don’t talk politics or religion. It’s a good rule.

I must have missed that. Did he retell it 3 or 4 times? A new version every time??
That's the "Stories for Every Occasion" method...

He did mention composing an "essay" about the alleged swingin' time, which certain credulous critters cretinously considered conclusively convincing.

It is the rule with my family. We don’t talk politics or religion. It’s a good rule.

My kids and I do, but not with the in-laws. I was disappointed that two of my kids voted 3rd party in 2016, but I held my tongue because I am glad that they are voting and are politically-involved even if we disagreed about that.

Wait a minute...you golf with ardent right-wingers? How can you "still love them"...and express such hate for everyone here like you do?

I treat my right-wing friends like friends...because they are not being assholes like most of the asshole right wingers here in this forum.

I don't "hate" anyone here...even the assholes. If any of you assholes come into town (NYC) lemme know. We can have a drink together...or a coffee.

It would be fun...and I would enjoy meeting anyone here.

Well, I guess it's better you take out all your frustrations here rather than on real people...don't lose friends because you don't like the government. That never ends well.

What are you babbling about here, TOP?

What frustrations?

What makes you think I do not like the government?

I think the government of the US is a fine one...and I hope it survives that piece of shit now sitting in the Oval Office.

I see you got your last DT shot in for the post....;)

I have no idea of what a "DT shot" is.

Save all that enthusiasm for the golf course and your long game might improve....

???

I treat my right-wing friends like friends...because they are not being assholes like most of the asshole right wingers here in this forum.

I don't "hate" anyone here...even the assholes. If any of you assholes come into town (NYC) lemme know. We can have a drink together...or a coffee.

I think the government of the US is a fine one...and I hope it survives that piece of shit now sitting in the Oval Office.
Many of us who are assholes here is because we can be as anonymous posters. It's a place for some of us to vent our frustrations without retribution.
In my opinion you behave like an asshole here, but I've no doubt you're far different in real life. You can't be a professional bartender being an asshole. I sometimes post semi-outrageous stuff just to ruffle some feathers.
Just yesterday I came home frustrated as hell.
Because of the nature of my business I can't collect payment until after services are performed.
As what happens occasionally I performed a procedure, the guy walks past the front desk without paying, I stop him, tell him to pay up, he says he has no money, and there's nothing I can do. It's like shoplifting without trying to hide it.
So I come here and purposely annoy a favorite target (usually McSlawber over AGW topics) and feel a little better.

I won't get personal with any individual poster. We don't know one another.

In general, however, right wing conservative values are so seethingly repugnant to me that there is no place in my life for anyone who holds those despicable views.
I know that they're as sincere about their views as I am about mine, and I wouldn't expect them to like me either.

This is the ultimate failure of the American experiment. Half of the nation will ALWAYS loathe the government, no matter who is in power. Perhaps we should follow the example of Yugoslavia and the old Soviet Union. People should all have a government that they can respect--and it will never happen in unified America.

bullshit

the reason this democracy is messed up right now is republicans cheating in elections and the lies of Fox news

They didn't like my political comments on golf sites and the like.

Can't say that I blame them.

I'm 71 and should be chilling, but instead, all of my baby-boomer, 60's kid issues are burning me up.

The hardest debates are always with other progressive liberals.

Debate requires stipulation.

If two people want a similar kind of world, they might reasonably debate the means to get there.
They may get passionate about their views.

Today's conservatives and liberals have absolutely nothing to debate.
They want to live in totally different worlds.
If you want totally different things, there's nothing to debate.
It's us and them, not right and wrong. There's no way to conclude whether chocolate or strawberry ice cream is better. You just go for the one that you want.
We're no longer political opponents; now we're ideological enemies.

Moderation is for the consumption of adult beverages. Politics are about passion. In a polarized society, the energy is at the poles. Centrism is now irrelevant.

The male anatomy is not designed to be comfortable straddling a fence.

But now, it's worse than ever. I don't speak to people who've been friends for forty or fifty years. I have cousins who are dead to me. Five fellow retirees and I have had a standing breakfast date, once a month, since we retired more than a decade ago. Politics have recently broken it up.

I'm not an Evangelical Christian. I don't believe in salvation by faith alone. That's an excuse to be a bastard in the temporal world.
People who voted for Trump stuck a rusty dagger in America's liver, and therefore in mine. That's irredeemable. Not for some imaginary afterlife, but for being accepted in decent society right now.

fox news lies and election cheating by the republicans is why we are so divided

It would be fun...and I would enjoy meeting anyone here.

What are you babbling about here, TOP?

What frustrations?

I have no idea of what a "DT shot" is.

???
I doubt if you speak to your conservative friends like you rage here. What do you think they would say if they saw what you post here? You obviously take your frustrations out here rather than ranting to them. That's good. I doubt they'd be impressed...or maybe they wouldn't even recognize you....
"DT" is Donald Trump
If you spent less time here shouting, you'd have more energy...and that long game might improve...
Always a pleasure chatting with you....don't sell your soul to the coven....you'll never get it back...never ever...
(NYC? Thought you were in Jersey. )

Chapter 12 The Pineapple Massacre
Chapter 13 How to get Obamacare for next to nothing when you're a millionaire....

I doubt if you speak to your conservative friends like you rage here. What do you think they would say if they saw what you post here? You obviously take your frustrations out here rather than ranting to them. That's good. I doubt they'd be impressed...or maybe they wouldn't even recognize you....
"DT" is Donald Trump
If you spent less time here shouting, you'd have more energy...and that long game might improve...
Always a pleasure chatting with you....don't sell your soul to the coven....you'll never get it back...never ever...

In other words, Frank, do as I sanctimoniously command you to do, and not as I hypocritically do myself. lol

I doubt that you go to some school like you've claimed and tell the staff there the racist jokes and comments you've made here and elsewhere, and they all laugh and think it's so funny.

Hey, maybe you should spend less time here shouting and hoping some lady in Virginia goes out of business, and more time doing all that charity work, cooking for huge crowds, and dog rescue you claim. Just a thought.

PS--NYC is next to Joizy.

Pay no attention to her, Frank....you can see she's not well;(
Don't you find it odd that she gets so "personal" with a complete stranger? And that she finds it necessary to answer a post to you? Hmmm...stay clear of that one....I promise, you won't be sorry...

Are you compiling the book? If so, you have plenty of resources. Just keep in mind to keep it short, variations of the same old lies
and hypocrisy tend to become boring.

You know, RB, you're the only Amazonian I think is consistently worth having around due to insightful comments like this one.

They didn't like my political comments on golf sites and the like.

Can't say that I blame them.

I'm 71 and should be chilling, but instead, all of my baby-boomer, 60's kid issues are burning me up.

The hardest debates are always with other progressive liberals.

Debate requires stipulation.

If two people want a similar kind of world, they might reasonably debate the means to get there.
They may get passionate about their views.

Today's conservatives and liberals have absolutely nothing to debate.
They want to live in totally different worlds.
If you want totally different things, there's nothing to debate.
It's us and them, not right and wrong. There's no way to conclude whether chocolate or strawberry ice cream is better. You just go for the one that you want.
We're no longer political opponents; now we're ideological enemies.

Moderation is for the consumption of adult beverages. Politics are about passion. In a polarized society, the energy is at the poles. Centrism is now irrelevant.

The male anatomy is not designed to be comfortable straddling a fence.

But now, it's worse than ever. I don't speak to people who've been friends for forty or fifty years. I have cousins who are dead to me. Five fellow retirees and I have had a standing breakfast date, once a month, since we retired more than a decade ago. Politics have recently broken it up.

I'm not an Evangelical Christian. I don't believe in salvation by faith alone. That's an excuse to be a bastard in the temporal world.
People who voted for Trump stuck a rusty dagger in America's liver, and therefore in mine. That's irredeemable. Not for some imaginary afterlife, but for being accepted in decent society right now.

No it's just that globalization is retarded.

I doubt if you speak to your conservative friends like you rage here.

I doubt if Yanky has any friends, let alone conservative ones.

Of course, he said he wrote an essay about his "friends" Francis and Gina, so there's that.

I doubt if you speak to your conservative friends like you rage here.

I see! Actually, I don't give a flying shit what you doubt.

What do you think they would say if they saw what you post here?

I've made copies of some comments...and the comments in return. They laugh. We're golfers. We know busting balls like you will never know.

You obviously take your frustrations out here rather than ranting to them. That's good. I doubt they'd be impressed...or maybe they wouldn't even recognize you....

They would recognize me. With no trouble at all.)

"DT" is Donald Trump

Oh, that fucking asshole. Okay.

Please refer to my first response here.

Jesus H. Christ. NYC and Central New Jersey are hooked at the hip. I spend (or at least, used to spend) as much time in the City as in Jersey. It is a great place to meet with people from around the country...and there are many of us from several forums that meet regularly.

By the way...I am beginning to understand the comment of people who think your phony nice-nice talk is sickening.

But...continue it. I get a chuckle out of it.

Back