The jury

I thought Cohen went to prison for tax evasion and lying to either Congress or the FBI?
Cohen went to jail on campaign-finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud. The campaign -finance thing was the hush money stuff.

I don’t recall anybody going to jail for lying to Congress.

Idiot. The trial was about the conspiracy to commit election fraud. You just whined about Daniels' testimony. She had the right to prove there was sex...however bad.

Are you this confused?
It was irrelevant. Relevant was an FEC expert that wasn't allowed to testify on federal election law for the defense because the judge (not an expert on federal election law) thought his testimony might confuse the jury over his own jury instructions...

It was irrelevant. Relevant was an FEC expert that wasn't allowed to testify on federal election law for the defense because the judge (not an expert on federal election law) thought his testimony might confuse the jury over his own jury instructions...
yes, he was. His running off into petty and disputable arguments was limited. The judge did not want the trial to go off into a disputable and confusing territory.

But his business record fraud was done in New York, and it was done for the express purpose of committing a crime. The first part is what the jury was deciding, the second part is only relevant to the extent that it informs the jury's decision on the first part. No charges on the federal campaign fund crime are needed, they just needed to be convinced that a crime was committed and that crime was the underlying reason for the business record fraud.
What business record fraud??

No, I'm pretty sure the DA will protect the identity of these jurors. If I was a juror, I would ask to the state for a permit to carry a conceal firearm for a while just in case?!! It would be a big mistake for one of Trump supporters to harm anyone involved in this trial?!!
You forget that they are in the SOTNY. No such permits allowed.

yes, he was. His running off into petty and disputable arguments was limited. The judge did not want the trial to go off into a disputable and confusing territory.
Blatant lie. The judge intentionally took it there. He broke the law and also tainted the jury.

Because they only have limited resources, and his classified documents theft and Georgia election fraud cases are slam dunks.
They had enough resources to prosecute Cohen for paying off Stormy, but not enough to prosecute Trump? 🤣

The "another crime" that you are referring to is a case that multiple agencies of the federal government declined to take up.
Everything seems to have been done according to the letter of the New York State laws. This case will be appealed...and other courts will be asked to determine if this original court made a mistake in the law. If they determine that mistakes were made in the application of the law, the conviction will be overturned.

Question if I may: With all due respect, why do you suppose that you know more about the applications of New York State law than the prosecutors and judge in this case?

Cohen went to jail on campaign-finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud. The campaign -finance thing was the hush money stuff.

I don’t recall anybody going to jail for lying to Congress.

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress in new deal with Mueller in Trump-Russia probe​

Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime fixer, former personal attorney and confidant, pleaded guilty on Thursday to lying to Congress about a prospective Trump real estate project in Moscow in a new deal with special counsel Robert Mueller.

It was relevant to impeach the defense counsel's claim that the two minutes of sex never happened. What isn't relevant, is some trump supporter from the FEC who would give his opinion on facts not relevant to the case.

They just guaranteed his win in November

Yes I'm sure being guilty of 34 felonies is wonderful to have on your resume.:ROFLMAO:

Donald Trump Handed Troubling News in Back-to-Back Polls​

Donald Trump has been handed bad news in the form of two polls that suggest his felony conviction could hurt his chances of defeating President Joe Biden in November. 10 percent of Republican voters said were "less likely" to vote for Trump due to his conviction.

Multiple polls taken before the verdict hinted that Trump's status as a felon may be enough to decide the winner of the close election, with polls conducted in April and May finding that the ex-president would lose between 5 and 7 percent of the overall vote with a conviction.

Back