Which Poster Hates Freedom the Most?

Who Hates Freedom?!!?

• Total voters
is he forced at gunpoint to eat in my restaurant?

I thought he was talking about pollution, not consumption?

This is why I am 100% sold on the Clean Air Act, but can make arguments against the Pure Foods Act, and against on-going assaults on fast food. You can pick-and-choose where you shop, and in today's world of watchdog organizations such as Consumer Report, you can easily find out what's safe for you to purchase, and who's coloring their expired peas green with lead paint.

You can't choose what air to breath and which water sources to be exposed to. There is a public interest in ensuring everyone's right to life is maintained through clean air standards. I consider second-hand smoke to be negligible, and thus cigarette bans to be idiotic, but factory emissions and dumping are crucial areas to be concerned about.

Just wait, it's about to get better.

Soc, how do you think he'll try and spin this?
How he spins this is anybodies guess. You know have him on his disrespect of property rights and his belief that the government has the right to make you do ANYTHING they want you to do with YOUR property.

I thought he was talking about pollution, not consumption?

This is why I am 100% sold on the Clean Air Act, but can make arguments against the Pure Foods Act, and against on-going assaults on fast food. You can pick-and-choose where you shop, and in today's world of watchdog organizations such as Consumer Report, you can easily find out what's safe for you to purchase, and who's coloring their expired peas green with lead paint.

You can't choose what air to breath and which water sources to be exposed to. There is a public interest in ensuring everyone's right to life is maintained through clean air standards. I consider second-hand smoke to be negligible, and thus cigarette bans to be idiotic, but factory emissions and dumping are crucial areas to be concerned about.

so you're saying that the government can indeed regulate and/or ban smoking in my enclosed bar or restaurant?

STY: to give you examples, you have the Right to:

• blow your brains out, but not if I have to clean up the mess;
  • put your manhood in consenting adult bowels, but don't call it healthy and moral;
  • fill your lungs up with soot, so long as you don't get soot in mine.

so your opinion is that business' open to the public do not have private property rights?
Straw man.

Business that are open to the public have to comply with health regulations.

By the way, you can operate a bar and allow smoking. It just has to be private, for members only. You can charge $1 for a lifetime membership, have them sign in at the door and your issue goes away.

so you're saying that the government can indeed regulate and/or ban smoking in my enclosed bar or restaurant?

Do you approve of some basic pollution fighting standards? we were headed down a bad path until basic protections were put in place.

Of course declaring c02 a pollutant is an insane thing to do, but we don't have to have an extremist reaction to that and declare that all environmental regulations are bad.

Straw man.

Business that are open to the public have to comply with health regulations.

By the way, you can operate a bar and allow smoking. It just has to be private, for members only. You can charge $1 for a lifetime membership, have them sign in at the door and your issue goes away.

I knew you were against freedom, preferring a government agency to regulate behavior instead.

Its beyond extreme. Its like saying women are bad, Jews are bad, etc., except that its far less commonly said, and usually men who say women are bad are simply being emotards, and not serious...

wrong. it's the only way to be truly free from the totalitarian yoke of currency manipulation.

Sm, by your assertion that you have a right to breath clean air in an establishment, I, by the same logic, have a right to breath filthy air in an establishment. And your ban infringes upon my rights as consumer.

Sm, by your assertion that you have a right to breath clean air in an establishment, I, by the same logic, have a right to breath filthy air in an establishment. And your ban infringes upon my rights as consumer.

My right to breathe clean air (potential permanent health issues) overrides yours to smoke in a public place (filthy habit postponed).

Back