Enceladus, Saturn's ocean world

Isn't Saturn a bit on the cool side for sustaining life?

It was my impression that life would need to be on a planet situated very similarly to our earth in another solar system,
but then again, my exposure to the subject has been limited.

I’ve actually read a lot about this, there are scientists who believe that geothermal heat inside of some of Saturns moons would create enough heat to sustain some forms of life as we understand it. There are also a lot of scientist, who believed that life could develop much colder environments, but it would be significantly and fundamentally different than what we understand life to be.

The Panspermia hypothesis suggests the biomolecules of life were delivered to Earth and possibly other planets from deep space. Supposedly organic compounds and amino acids are formed in regions of interstellar gas, get absorbed into asteroids, and ride around the galaxy seeding planets

And moons

I’ve actually read a lot about this, there are scientists who believe that geothermal heat inside of some of Saturns moons would create enough heat to sustain some forms of life as we understand it. There are also a lot of scientist, who believed that life could develop much colder environments, but it would be significantly and fundamentally different than what we understand life to be.

If it's carbon based life, I don't see any reason it would be radically different at the cellular level than life we have observed on Earth.

On the other hand, I've heard some wild speculations about possible exotic forms of life in the liquid methane lakes of Titan.

If it's carbon based life, I don't see any reason it would be radically different at the cellular level than life we have observed on Earth.

On the other hand, I've heard some wild speculations about possible exotic forms of life in the liquid methane lakes of Titan.

It would make sense that the beginnings are pretty much the same everywhere

It may be more varied in the conditions than we know on earth

But it’s the evolving that is mostly creating the variations that can emerge

^^Says the person who admitted they cannot understand math.

Where did I say that?

I said my mind has to work harder at it than those who’s brain structure created the perfect math student

For one it isn’t very interesting to me

Pretty much all the other basic subjects are fascinating to me

Math isn’t my perfect fit

Now realize you are doing exactly what the OP pinpoints about how we teach math

Shaming students who don’t have that perfect brain alignment

It’s a stupid way to teach

Scientists caught Saturn's icy moon Enceladus spraying a "huge plume" of watery vapor far into space — and that plume likely contains many of the chemical ingredients for life.

Scientists first learned of Enceladus' watery blasts in 2005, when NASA's Cassini spacecraft caught icy particles shooting up through large lunar cracks called "tiger stripes." The blasts are so powerful that their material forms one of Saturn's rings, according to NASA.

Analysis revealed that the jets contained methane, carbon dioxide and ammonia — organic molecules containing chemical building blocks necessary for the development of life. It's even possible that some of these gases were produced by life itself, burping out methane deep beneath the surface of Enceladus, an international team of researchers posited in research published last year in The Planetary Science Journal.

https://www.space.com/james-webb-telescope-discovers-gargantuan-geyser-on-saturn-moon

Math instruction should be designed for non math centered brain structures

More people would be better served huh

It would make sense that the beginnings are pretty much the same everywhere

It may be more varied in the conditions than we know on earth

But it’s the evolving that is mostly creating the variations that can emerge
I was really bummed when those microbes in the Martian meteorite were called into question, remember that?

Life on Earth exists everywhere from frozen antarctic ice sheets to super heated thermal geysers on the ocean floor.

So Earth has a huge variety of environmental conditions life thrives in. I don't see super cold or super hot environmental conditions neccesarily implying we would see radically different life at the cellular level than what we have observed on Earth.

I'm still laughing about the "science" you guys do.

This is HILARIOUS. And it's even better that he ran away and won't defend it. LOL. I even caught him in his lie.

So you like discussing science you don't understand with a liar.

Got it.

You are only discussing your sad emotional state here

Leave

I was really bummed when those microbes in the Martian meteorite were called into question, remember that?

Life on Earth exists everywhere from frozen antarctic ice sheets to super heated thermal geysers on the ocean floor.

So Earth has a huge variety of environmental conditions life thrives in. I don't see super cold or super hot environmental conditions neccesarily implying we would see radically different life at the cellular level than what we have observed on Earth.

That one sure seemed promising

So little of the universe has fallen into our hands

Way too early to really decide what’s out there

Back