Materialistic society is 'damaging' children

LOL. I knew you would attempt to make a disctinction between "hurts" and "bad". Now do "ouchy" vs. "booboo". You're a joke.

You are such an idiot! I was not arguing semantics at all. I was saying, fuck the individual who spends his way into debt. He is a dumbass and does not deserve you're pity. He has actually helped the economy, because various businessmen and creditors profited off of his ignorance. It is "bad" for him, and it is "good" for the economy. On a macro level, debt is both "bad" for the national govt. and "bad" for the economy. Therefore personal debt is "good" and national "debt" is bad. Now try saying that five times fast. Either way, it is pretty simple to comprehend. I think you are the only one who doesn't have a clue. Even USC gets it, and he is reported to only have achieved a GED in his lifetime.

You are such an idiot! I was not arguing semantics at all. I was saying, fuck the individual who spends his way into debt. He is a dumbass and does not deserve you're pity. He has actually helped the economy, because various businessmen and creditors profited off of his ignorance. It is "bad" for him, and it is "good" for the economy. On a macro level, debt is both "bad" for the national govt. and "bad" for the economy. Therefore personal debt is "good" and national "debt" is bad. Now try saying that five times fast. Either way, it is pretty simple to comprehend. I think you are the only one who doesn't have a clue. Even USC gets it, and he is reported to only have achieved a GED in his lifetime.

Who benefits from massive personal debt? "The Economy" is an abstraction, dillhole.

Yep AHZ if people actually start living responsibly regarding debt and spending the economy is gonna suck for quite a while.
I do however feel that is the best route to go for the future good of our people and country.

I agree with you usc. That is what was being avoided by Bush at all costs in this economy. He wanted to boost his ecomonic numbers and did it at the expense of the long term heath of our economy. His constituients make money even in a down market so he did not care about the rest of us 99% of Americans.

I agree with you usc. That is what was being avoided by Bush at all costs in this economy. He wanted to boost his ecomonic numbers and did it at the expense of the long term heath of our economy. His constituients make money even in a down market so he did not care about the rest of us 99% of Americans.

Yep we by and large have been used and abused by the top percentiles. And we have unfortunately been eager to be abused.

Yeah, because you are so deep. Some people feel that what others think is so important they will do anything for it. I understand what you are saying, but once you are past high school if you still think this way, you haven't grown at all.

The reality is, if "most americans" think that they are damaging their kids then they have only one solution. Quit it. Giving them excuses means nothing at all to the reality of the situation.

Are they helpless to commercials? Please.

The problem lies in the fact that it is not just the children. A large part of the current housing problem is because the adults are doing the same damn thing. "Oh, everyone else has a 4000 square foot home and gets new cars and big screens every other year, so I must too."

The problem lies in the fact that it is not just the children. A large part of the current housing problem is because the adults are doing the same damn thing. "Oh, everyone else has a 4000 square foot home and gets new cars and big screens every other year, so I must too."

Yepper, that is the biggest issue and the children of course follow their parents example. and grow up to place more value in possessions than true self worth.
ie a good education, and being a good and thoughtful person, etc.

Of course some like topper get all hung up on the education part ;)

We are now in a downswing of the materialism. A whole generation is now seeing the downside of its bullshit. The young people I know are rebeling against this stupidity. That is why grunge rock is so loved right now.

Desh,

We are not even close to being in a downswing of materialism. It has never been worse than it is right now.

yeah usged, I did get hung up on 6 yrs of college for a BS, and MBA. Millions think it's worth it. I also encourge my sons to get then one of which is graduation next week. How about your son???? LOL

Im telling you I am seeing a pulling away from materialism in the young people I know. Even the fricking commercials on TV are talking ecology and such ideas. Look at what is cool right now? That is telling you what is the next wave.

how many 20 somethings do you know?

Lots. All the vets I work with are in that range, and I have young friends I work and hang out with some. I mix pretty much accross the spectrum unless they are an asshole and they come in all ages and such.

LOL I even had an 18 yr old girl (really cute too) with a big crush on me a while back.
And no BB I did not pursue the romantic angle :D Lots of truth in that old saying, there is no fool like an old fool.
I pretty much pulled a beefy on her, very diplomatically of course.

Im telling you I am seeing a pulling away from materialism in the young people I know. Even the fricking commercials on TV are talking ecology and such ideas. Look at what is cool right now? That is telling you what is the next wave.

All the corps are wanting to appear green. Perception is 99% now-a-days.

Back